The Upside- Duke | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Duke

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Paschal Chukwu has sure earned a lot of respect since the beginning of the season when people were saying he’d be useless. He could barely get down the court in this game but he conserved his energy for when he had to go after balls or block shots and was actually quite effective as result. He wound up with 6 points, 12 rebounds, surprisingly just one block but 2 steals and even an assist in 24 minutes. He was easily our best player.

- I expected Duke to start reigning threes and make it a 30 point game at any moment. But it didn’t happen. I think our defense against them was pretty legit. I didn’t see them missing a lot of wide-open threes. We kept pretty good contact. And, other than Bagley, who Bill Russell would have had a hard time with and the end of the game when Dolezaj was in there, we did a decent job inside as well. That’s the frustration: this game was there for the taking but we just couldn’t reach it.

- Amazingly, we turned into Wake Forest at the end, making three pointers in three successive possessions. Too little, too late.

- You thought we were going to beat Duke? If you didn’t, there’s no reason to be upset. Disappointed but not upset.

- Hit the reset button: After Geno left we had three players who had played college basketball before this season. Two of those had not played much and were coming off injuries. The other was a fourth option who was now the first option. Everybody has been banged up. We’ve actually done pretty well.

- The last three years we ended the regular season 18-13, 19-12 and 18-13. Win our last two games and we can top that. Win another game in Brooklyn and we should be dancing. We can do that.

18-11 (7-9) with 4+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom