The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- I spent the game at Accurater’s house along with his best pal, Bert. The company and the food was good. If you are going to take a voyage on the Titanic it’s better if you are friendly with the passengers. They helped with this post by spending the second half trying to come up with some items for the “Upside”. I needed no help with the “Downside”.

- For that reason I wasn’t in the chatroom, which was probably not a fun place to be today.

- We’ve been beaten worse that this: 0-68 by Cornell in 1891, 0-75 by Union that same year, (ouch!), 0-58 by Cornell the next year, 0-58 by Colgate the year after that, 0-66 by Union the same year, (you didn’t want to mess with Union in the 1890’s), 0-62 by Princeton in 1912, (the Orange Bowl vs. Alabama doesn’t quite make the cut at 6-61), 7-63 by Nebraska in 1983, 0-62 by Virginia Tech in 1999 and 0-59 to Miami in 2001.

- Accurater felt that our long snapper deserved some special mention. His snaps were very accurate and consistent. This was important because he had to make them 8 times. I guess practice made perfect.

- We got to play a lot of guys.

- We wore Orange pants.

- I guarantee that we won’t give up a point next week.

- Brisley Estime “The Salt Badger” got return some kicks. I love Ritchie Desir but this guy could be on a different level. He had a 43 yard punt return that was like a hot knife going through butter. Shafer’s explanation of why we don’t have him returning kicks makes no sense to me: He has so much to learn that they wanted him to concentrate on offense. We barely use him on offense and how much does he have to learn to return kicks? .

- That said, Prince-Tyson Gulley had a good day returning kicks himself, averaging 25.3 on kick-offs, including a 49 yarder. This is not a problem area for the team.

- Amid the carnage, a couple of players who had to be helped off the field, Mackey McPherson and Durrell Eskridge, were able to come back into the game. We’ll need them in future games- games we can still win.

- Beat Wake Forest in two weeks, (very doable), and 2we will be a 4-4 football team with a couple of home games left. We could still get to a bowl. If you are not a national title contender, you are almost in the situation of an NFL team where it doesn’t matter how much you lose by, just whether your won or lost. We need to get three more wins. It doesn’t matter where or when or by how much. Opinions aren’t going to decide it. It’s a controlable.

- In our misery we need to give Georgia Tech credit. We were playing a good time sick of losing who came out and played a basically flawless game. There’s not a lot of college football teams that would have beaten them today.

- It was a game. If the worst thing in your life is that you’ve lost a game, you are in pretty good shape. And you might look at this as an opportunity to step outside yourself and consider how the players feel tight now. This is really about achieving their dreams. They’ve got a short period of time to do so. We’ve got decades for ours.

3-4 with 5 (or 6) more

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Haha the orange pants line was epic.

Shafer's reason for Estime not returning kicks is absolute BS. Get your talent on the field. I understand the need for him to learn the plays, but it's a freaking kickoff!

- I spent the game at Accurater’s house along with his best pal, Bert. The company and the food was good. If you are going to take a voyage on the Titanic it’s better if you are friendly with the passengers. They helped with this post by spending the second half trying to come up with some items for the “Upside”. I needed no help with the “Downside”.

- For that reason I wasn’t in the chatroom, which was probably not a fun place to be today.

- We’ve been beaten worse that this: 0-68 by Cornell in 1891, 0-75 by Union that same year, (ouch!), 0-58 by Cornell the next year, 0-58 by Colgate the year after that, 0-66 by Union the same year, (you didn’t want to mess with Union in the 1890’s), 0-62 by Princeton in 1912, (the Orange Bowl vs. Alabama doesn’t quite make the cut at 6-61), 7-63 by Nebraska in 1983, 0-62 by Virginia Tech in 1999 and 0-59 to Miami in 2001.

- Accurater felt that our long snapper deserved some special mention. His snaps were very accurate and consistent. This was important because he had to make them 8 times. I guess practice made perfect.

- We got to play a lot of guys.

- We wore Orange pants.

- I guarantee that we won’t give up a point next week.

- Brisley Estime “The Salt Badger” got return some kicks. I love Ritchie Desir but this guy could be on a different level. He had a 43 yard punt return that was like a hot knife going through butter. Shafer’s explanation of why we don’t have him returning kicks makes no sense to me: He has so much to learn that they wanted him to concentrate on offense. We barely use him on offense and how much does he have to learn to return kicks? .

- That said, Prince-Tyson Gulley had a good day returning kicks himself, averaging 25.3 on kick-offs, including a 49 yarder. This is not a problem area for the team.

- Amid the carnage, a couple of players who had to be helped off the field, Mackey McPherson and Durrell Eskridge, were able to come back into the game. We’ll need them in future games- games we can still win.

- Beat Wake Forest in two weeks, (very doable), and 2we will be a 4-4 football team with a couple of home games left. We could still get to a bowl. If you are not a national title contender, you are almost in the situation of an NFL team where it doesn’t matter how much you lose by, just whether your won or lost. We need to get three more wins. It doesn’t matter where or when or by how much. Opinions aren’t going to decide it. It’s a controlable.

- In our misery we need to give Georgia Tech credit. We were playing a good time sick of losing who came out and played a basically flawless game. There’s not a lot of college football teams that would have beaten them today.

- It was a game. If the worst thing in your life is that you’ve lost a game, you are in pretty good shape. And you might look at this as an opportunity to step outside yourself and consider how the players feel tight now. This is really about achieving their dreams. They’ve got a short period of time to do so. We’ve got decades for ours.

3-4 with 5 (or 6) more

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Well done. I am normally a very optimistic person but I couldn't come up with an Upside today

Haha the orange pants line was epic.

Shafer's reason for Estime not returning kicks is absolute BS. Get your talent on the field. I understand the need for him to learn the plays, but it's a freaking kickoff!
Shafer's just continuing Marrone's tradition of saying things that make no sense.

Go rebuttal in 3... 2... 1...

;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Iactually thought the offense looked good on the first two drives but we killed our chances with penalties. After it was 21-0 I think we lost the fight BUT we had a good shot early at dictating the pace of the game. Our players can bring it when confident.

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Good work... I can see why it took at entire half to come up with this list... I was expecting...

"The game ended."

Good work... I can see why it took at entire half to come up with this list... I was expecting...

"The game ended."

They all do, fortunately.

Basketball starts soon. They should be a little better than the football team

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors