The View From 331: Georgia Tech | Syracusefan.com

The View From 331: Georgia Tech

DoubleDee

All American
On Saturday, September 7, 2024, the view from 331 was….

Fabulous.

What a day! I think we all knew it could happen, but did any of us think we’d be completely dominant? Have some miscues, and find enough gut to hold on in the end? Not me.

I think the biggest thing missing from teams of recent years past, is false starts. I can’t even remember 1 right now, but fair to say it’s a small fraction to what we’ve been used to. Hallelujah.

Could not attend the Quad Walk but glad to see a good turnout even in bad weather.

Had a nice chat with our old seat neighbors that moved with the new seating. Seems everyone is all very behind HCFMFB.

The students section upstairs was not even close to the capacity, unlike last week. Though the country music concert goers seemed to have stumbled into a football game again this week. Unbelievable how many times our usher had to come up and tell random fans they couldn’t sit in those seats. Why don’t people just use the tickets they have?

Speaking of the crowd, I feel like it was thinner than last week, even though official attendance was about 2000 more. No state fair, no leaves, no excuses!!

Fist bumped Macky MacPherson in the hall. That’s it. That’s the whole story.

Let’s talk coffee. Was not an issue for me yesterday, but it is for 3:30 games as I NEED it around 4-5pm. There is no coffee on the 2nd floor. I suggest either adding it to one of the upper stands or add canned or bottled cold brew/starbucks/Dunkin type stuff that you can buy at the stores, into the grab and go coolers.

The kid and the bass drum… I’m all for these type of things getting the young fans involved, but this one makes no sense. At least they gave her a beater this time. There is no structure, no ability to rev up the crowd. If they had them do the “let’s go orange” rythym it would make more sense and not be so cringey. No one knows what to do or how to react.

Hey guess what? Sound was bad.

Loving the interaction I saw yesterday between the players and the students after scores. It looks like the move is allowing a little more of that.

Loving the HCFMFB era so far. Watching his fiery passion on the sidelines is so refreshing. At the end of the game when he headed to the band for the Alma mater with the team, he was yelling, and waving his arms to the students trying to fire everyone up. Really cool.

Enjoy the week off.
LGO

I thought the main 50yd concessions had coffee option?
You may be right, but I’m pretty sure there is really only 1 or 2 stands on the lower level that offers it. If you go on the concession page on the website, they don’t show coffee at all.

I don't get the drum thing since they are playing music over it. Would be better to use the drum for the LGO as you said, and it fixes the kids not being in cadence with the LGO.

Also what is up with the playing off the LGO with music and then drowning it completely out? Happened in both games after the 2nd LGO.

I find it odd that those are the only two times we use Otto or the Chearleaders during a TO. Not a single on field routine by the Chearleaders? Nothing with Otto? Couldn't we have the Chearleaders do what the "host" does on location with the PA guy doing the actual talking? That saves money of paying a host, fixes the remote mic issues, and includes the Chearleaders in something.

We used to never have a host and now it is a main part of the game presentation. IMO it takes away from the experience.

Yeah, what did we do in the old days? Cheerleaders, and real (not recorded) music from a marching band. Why do we NEED to be entertained?

I don't get the drum thing since they are playing music over it. Would be better to use the drum for the LGO as you said, and it fixes the kids not being in cadence with the LGO.

Also what is up with the playing off the LGO with music and then drowning it completely out? Happened in both games after the 2nd LGO.

I find it odd that those are the only two times we use Otto or the Chearleaders during a TO. Not a single on field routine by the Chearleaders? Nothing with Otto? Couldn't we have the Chearleaders do what the "host" does on location with the PA guy doing the actual talking? That saves money of paying a host, fixes the remote mic issues, and includes the Chearleaders in something.

We used to never have a host and now it is a main part of the game presentation. IMO it takes away from the experience.
I really don't pay attention to the host usually discussing the game with the people around me.

I wore the ear plugs yesterday which made the experience a lot better for me. I did take them out at halftime to give my ears a break and to fully hear the Freeney ceremony. It was at that time that I could tell the tremendous difference in the sound.

I also wonder how much of the difference is my seating change. I thought in prior seasons in 301 it was too loud. This year seems louder but I am also in the lower level and right next to the wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom