The View From 331: Ohio | Syracusefan.com

The View From 331: Ohio

DoubleDee

All American
Here we go! The 2024 season is on! Back to my weekly report on things that aren’t football. Just complaining, picking on folks, etc.

We are parking pass virgins, so that was exciting. Cut our walk in half from the one we’ve been doing for ages.

The Quad Walk was fantastic. Really happy they pulled this off, and to Frans liking. Hope this sticks. Some days will be better than others. Personally this isn’t something I can find the time to do every game day. The gap between the walk and the game is substantial.

So in that time, I took notice (as I always do) of the “all the college girls dress exactly the same” fashion trend of the school year. Crop top, short skirt, boots. I thought I accidentally drove myself to a Morgan Wallen concert.

Upon entering, my son and I stopped at a grab and go for a soda and a couple of waters. “May I see some ID?” I just stared at her in disbelief for a second. “I’m buying water”. And then she had to be told by someone else there that it was okay. WOW.

The dome with the new seating looks gorgeous. The new section number signage above the vomitories are nice too. We have a lot to be thankful for as fans in a 44 year old arena. We have come a long way.
IMG_7217.jpeg

Shame on me for not doing more homework, but as happy as I was that I literally got back my old seats, they are now an aisle width away from the new upper student section. As concerned as I was for what I may have to deal with however, it was no sweat at all. I had more issues with the 40s and 50s drunks in my aisle that couldn’t seem to stay in their seats for more than a few plays. Hopefully they aren’t season ticket folks. The real issue here is the seats.

I know the seats are being discussed in another thread, so I’ll just limit this to the fact that there is no shifting to the side to let someone by. You HAVE TO stand up and let the seat fold up for there to be enough room to let someone by. This is my only issue. Comfort wise we were fine. I had a gentleman in front of me with a cane who was quite old, and he really struggled to get up and down to let the people by him.

Flip flop guy managed to also get his general seating area back, as he blessed us all with his flip flopping up and down the stairs all day.

I was somewhat disappointed with the new SUMB placement as they are no longer well heard from my seat. We get some of the drum line sounds but that’s pretty much it.

Speaking of the band, the sound system is still horrible. We’ll leave it at that because it’s been over-discussed. But someone needs to tell that band director to STOP YELLING IN THE MIC! He makes a bad situation way worse.

Game wise, D needs to sit in time out a little bit today. But overall very pleased so far with what we saw.

That’s all I got. Can’t wait to see how the season goes.

LGO

**Does anyone happen to know what happened upstairs that caused them to rope off part of the hallway? Bunch of water they were trying to clean up. Maybe a leak from the rain?

For all the talk of working with the sound teams, it still sucks.

Way too loud, way to soft

Do they do analysis during a game to get it right?

Maybe they work with the movie theater people who seem to think blowing you out of your seat is how you want to watch a movie?

Good post. I am New season ticket holder in 331.. You are absolutely correct about no shifting as my son and I what seemed to be consistent standing up and down to let people pass…. Definitely some good people are us and we are happy with the seats..

Standing up for people to get by is the way it goes at the the arena in Albany. Just used to it.
Granted it doesn't affect me in the wheelchair area, but agree. That's pretty common in the stadiums I've been to in various parts of the country. Guess I'm a little surprised that some have expressed surprise at that.

if you have been to older arenas even standing up isnt enough. Often climbing on benches the only option I think these chairs have a huge amount of room to get people by.

I think the one the aisle should get a dollar for every time someone leaves , some people are 3-4x a quarter it seems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom