The Villanova series is a template for how a Georgetown series should be scheduled | Syracusefan.com

The Villanova series is a template for how a Georgetown series should be scheduled

Alsacs

Living Legend
If Georgetown wants to play us in the future a home/home with a 3rd game 50/50 gate from MSG is exactly how the games should be scheduled. Georgetown has as many Final Fours as Villanova since 1985, and as many Elite 8 appearances as well. Georgetown fans cry foul all they want, but they need Syracuse more than Syracuse needs them. Villanova is just as good as Georgetown now and only averages 2.5k less per game while actually spending the money to build an on-campus arena for over half their games.

They can't sell out their arena consistently and have decided to "tax" our game as they know our fans will fill up their arena. a 1-1-1 series with the MSG game gate split evenly should be good enough for them if not the only teams that will fill up their arena are Duke, Maryland, and North Carolina and go ahead and grovel to them.

Georgetown attendance (Verizon Center) 2011-2012 was 11,283, 2012-2013 was 10,106, and the max capacity is 20,600

That is including the sellout crazed crowd we gave them this past year, and probably hundreds of ticket SU fans had to buy to get Gtown-SU game tickets. They can't fill half of their arena this season and good luck doing it in the future.
I don't expect this game to be scheduled until Georgetown's attendance continue to decline and they need SU to fill their arena up while SU will have big dogs to get 30k plus and will have St. John's/Villanova who are good Big East opponents.

While I certainly would love games in MSG, I thought one of the main benefits to SU in continuing the series was the ability to play in Philly and DC (prime recruiting areas for us) on an every-other-year basis.

While I certainly would love games in MSG, I thought one of the main benefits to SU in continuing the series was the ability to play in Philly and DC (prime recruiting areas for us) on an every-other-year basis.
Playing them on the road and in MSG is fine with me as long as we get them in the Dome, but honestly we have gone a couple of years with the over-expanded Big East without playing in Philadelphia or Washington D.C. 1 season.

I'd only give them a game at Verizon if they agree in writing to stop screwing over Cuse fans when it comes to obtaining tickets.
I thought last year was ok. Give $50 to the womens tennis team and buy up to 8 tickets at $50 a pop. Came out to around $60 a ticket after taxes and donation. On the flip side I bought tickets the day they were released and paid $110 for similar seats at the dome.

If Georgetown wants to play, they have to give presale tickets in DC to Syracuse fans.

I'm not sure I want to play Georgetown, Nova, ACC/Big 10 Challenge, potential Maui like tourney and the tough ACC schedule. Especially when Louisville joins after this year. Even if you take Maui out it could be a really tough draw in the non-conference.

How can we play them in Verizon when we have their nets?

That's why they need us so badly...someone has to bring the nets.

We MUST establish a G-Town series and keep hate alive.

GO ORANGE!

I'd only give them a game at Verizon if they agree in writing to stop screwing over Cuse fans when it comes to obtaining tickets.

Eh, I'm not too worried about it. I've been to many SU/G'town games at Verizon Center over the past decade and hordes of Orange fans always find their way in.

I like that SU is stepping up the non-conference portion of its schedule. I also like that SU is in the 2014 2K Sports Classic and the 2015 Battle 4 Atlantis as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom