the Ville could easily lose out | Syracusefan.com

the Ville could easily lose out

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
At Duke, at N.C. State, at Va Tech and home to Virginia

Yup. Said that the other day. We sort of need them to stay somewhat OK via the metrics even though they are a bit of a hoax right now in terms of the numbers.

We obviously need to keep winning. If not and if UL keeps slipping then both will be left out.

Miami/ND/BC are all trending down. The ACC isn’t getting 8 teams in this year, IMO. Not gonna happen. I’ve seen enough of these teams try to play good ball. I think that if SU does slide along with UL then it will just be UVA/UNC/Duke/Clemson/VA Tech (that road win @UVA was huge for them)/NCSU getting bids. SU is in great position to get a couple of good W’s coming up putting them in contention for a 7th bid. I do think Louisville is going to really play their way out of it.

Miami/ND/BC are all trending down. The ACC isn’t getting 8 teams in this year, IMO. Not gonna happen. I’ve seen enough of these teams try to play good ball. I think that if SU does slide along with UL then it will just be UVA/UNC/Duke/Clemson/VA Tech (that road win @UVA was huge for them)/NCSU getting bids. SU is in great position to get a couple of good W’s coming up putting them in contention for a 7th bid. I do think Louisville is going to really play their way out of it.
ACC will get at least 8 in.

That’s right, the ACC is not getting 8 bids. Because they’re getting 9-10. Book it. You’re insane to imply the conference would only get 6 bids.

That’s right, the ACC is not getting 8 bids. Because they’re getting 9-10. Book it. You’re insane to imply the conference would only get 6 bids.

Fine. We’ll see. Another gentlemen’s bet?

ACC will get at least 8 in.

I forgot about Florida St, duh. They should be safe and have a favorable schedule. I’ll go with 7. Just can’t see 9-10. There will be too many teams with sub-.500 conference records.

so who do those other bids go to? the b12 only has 3 teams over .500? do they all get in 3 games under .500? p-12 has Ari st in and sitting at 7-7. do they all get in? SEC tex AM is 6-8 too?

take any 3 ACC teams out end then you have to reward some other leagues .500 guys too.

so who do those other bids go to? the b12 only has 3 teams over .500? do they all get in 3 games under .500? p-12 has Ari st in and sitting at 7-7. do they all get in? SEC tex AM is 6-8 too?

take any 3 ACC teams out end then you have to reward some other leagues .500 guys too.

Yeah it’s a strange year. Lots of medicority. Could have a lot of .500-sub.500 teams in conference getting bids which normally would be an afterthought and sort of a travesty. Gotta fill the field out somehow, I guess.

Oklahoma is going to finish like 2-13 down the stretch...and get a 2 seed with a 500 record.

The pollsters at working OT to keep the bevo looking good.

Conf is a disgrace.

Should be a 2-3 bid league.

West Virginia is lucky they beat Virginia in the OOC. Without that win they have tanking Oklahoma and a really empty resume.

"any road win is a good thing. just don't understand why you get so hyper wound up about 6-5 louisville."

posted by a "negatoid" 2/6.

Last edited:
I think the numbers game dictates that the ACC will get at least 8.

The ACC currently has 9 teams in, and the last team out. So that is 10 teams right there... some may slip off but they can't all slip. They will benefit of each other ... suspect 1 will slip, possibly 2, but not 3.

Love it or hate it, the Big 12 is likely looking at a 6-8 team haul. That was known back at the end of December. Pre-conference play dictates everything. The general form of the bracket (in terms of what conference will dominate it) is already determined by the end of December.

The Big 12 did very well OOC, so you knew it's teams were going to get bountiful quality wins, and it would be very hard to get a bad loss in conference. The committee doesn't care if you are 7-11, if you have quality wins and nothing really bad in your resume.

Last edited:
West Virginia is lucky they beat Virginia in the OOC. Without that win they have tanking Oklahoma and a really empty resume.

Other than virginia. they have 4 Quad One Wins, and are 19-7 in q1+q2 combined. It's not an empty resume.

I think the numbers game dictates that the ACC will get at least 8.

The ACC currently has 9 teams in, and the last team out. So that is 10 teams right there... some may slip off but they can't all slip. They will benefit of each other ... suspect 1 will slip, possibly 2, but not 3.

Yeah the more I look at it the more I think 8. BC, ND, aren’t going to make it, IMO. FSU yes. UL I’m predicting 9-9 0r 8-10. Committee might want to keep them out, regardless. Miami has to be careful. I could see them losing three of their next four. If that happens they are out barring a big ACCT. Syracuse has a chance but we need some big wins still. So, in closing I think that if Louisville, Miami, and Syracuse all struggle down the stretch then none of them are getting in. Then it would be a 7 bid league. Improbable but 8 is probably the most realistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom