The Walking Dead | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

The Walking Dead

But the major plotline of the season was that Negan wanted Ezekial, Rick and Maggie captured alive so that he can make an example of them. They had Maggie captured and then just let her return to the Hilltop. Why?
BECAUSE THE WRITERS WENT DUMB

Negan’s plans to make examples of all three probably changed when he lost half his fighting and probably a significant amount of his working force

Negan’s plans to make examples of all three probably changed when he lost half his fighting and probably a significant amount of his working force
He lost half his fighting force but could still send three different forces, one armed with explosives, and had time to cut a tree down and gather a force waiting to intercept Maggie (how did they know she'd be out?). And get a coffin ready.

I gave up on this show the episode before the tiger died. It just felt like chore to watch. Is Carl actually dead or are they setting up another "fake out"?

I gave up on this show the episode before the tiger died. It just felt like chore to watch. Is Carl actually dead or are they setting up another "fake out"?
If they follow the rules, he's dead.

But when it suits the writer's purposes the characters have IQs all over the map, so who knows?

LOL.

The Saviors were on the brink last week. They had no food or weapons and their leadership was turning on each other. Next thing we're right back to ep one of last season wrt how strong the Saviors are.

Negan considered Maggie to be at Rick and Ezekiels level. Hence why he wanted all three of their heads. So then Simon LETS HER GO. But Ezekiel JUST HAS to die.

How the hell did Carl get a clean bite on his abdomen?

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL.

The Saviors were on the brink last week. They hadn't no food or weapons and their leadership was thriving on each other. Next thing we're right back to ep one of last season wrt how strong the Saviors are.

They let Maggie go, who Negan considered to be at Rick and Ezekiels level. Hence why he wanted all three of their heads. But Ezekiel JUST HAS to die.

How the hell did Carl get a clean bite on his abdomen?
Yup. It was all really bad. Really bad.

spoiler alert. don't continue if you don't want to know:

andrew lincoln (rick grimes) will leave the show in the 6th episode next season. unclear whether he is killed off or just chooses to leave the group

spoiler alert. don't continue if you don't want to know:

andrew lincoln (rick grimes) will leave the show in the 6th episode next season. unclear whether he is killed off or just chooses to leave the group
Spoiler:

Read that yesterday, I said to myself...so Rick dies in episode 6???!!!

WHat da phluck??

Hope he just leaves for a bit.

Spoiler:

more spoiler

they almost have to kill him off, right? he can't just walk off on his own because they just used that device with morgan

Good point.

They'd have to get creative.

Maybe he is going to "die" and no one finds the body. He will probably show back up in season 37

Maybe he is going to "die" and no one finds the body. He will probably show back up in season 37
If he ‘disappeared’ or appears dead for the end of the fall and most of spring, it would be fine with me.

Thing is, he’s not Lenny Briscoe...he’s Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV.

possible spoiler alert . . . spoiler hints, anyway

the season 9 update to the Walking Dead No Man's Land game released last night. The splash screen of this game usually reflects something to do with the season. The new season features a damaged US Capitol building with a military helicopter flying overhead

possible spoiler alert . . . spoiler hints, anyway

the season 9 update to the Walking Dead No Man's Land game released last night. The splash screen of this game usually reflects something to do with the season. The new season features a damaged US Capitol building with a military helicopter flying overhead
Could it be... the helicopter we've already seen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Or maybe it's the smoke monster!!!!111!!!

Could it be... the helicopter we've already seen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
probably is, but they've teased a helicopter so many times, they need to poop or get off the pot

RIP Rick Grimes.

Maybe not? Clever way to approach it, I'll give them credit for that.

RIP Rick Grimes.

Maybe not? Clever way to approach it, I'll give them credit for that.
It was a good fake out.

The time jump looks interesting.

So the zombies can speak and strategize now?

If they start running this could get interesting

So the zombies can speak and strategize now?

If they start running this could get interesting

I don't think so on either account -- they've alluded to who the next big group of villains the group might encounter next, so I'm guessing they'll figure into what was shown in that trailer.

I don't think so on either account -- they've alluded to who the next big group of villains the group might encounter next, so I'm guessing they'll figure into what was shown in that trailer.
I mean did you hear the zombie talk in the trailer for the next three episodes and them talking about them evolving?

I mean did you hear the zombie talk in the trailer for the next three episodes and them talking about them evolving?

Yes.

Spoiler alert -- don't read if you'd prefer to see things unfold.

In the graphic novels, the group apparently encounters an outfit called "The Whisperers," who disguise themselves as zombies. Don't know much about them otherwise, other than they are supposedly extremely sadistic. The skuttlebutt over the summer was that various actors had been cast in those roles, so we can probably expect them this year. That scene suggests so, too.

Yes.

Spoiler alert -- don't read if you'd prefer to see things unfold.

In the graphic novels, the group apparently encounters an outfit called "The Whisperers," who disguise themselves as zombies. Don't know much about them otherwise, other than they are supposedly extremely sadistic. The skuttlebutt over the summer was that various actors had been cast in those roles, so we can probably expect them this year. That scene suggests so, too.

Damn I figured that may be a twist. Was hoping the zombies would potentially evolve. Could still be cool though.

Did you watch the post-show [Talking Dead], where they discussed what is going to happen with Rick?

Pretty cool twists / development -- very excited to see where they take this franchise!

q: who is dumb enough to leave a large pile of unguarded dynamite in the middle of a bridge you have been struggling to repair?

a: anyone dumb enough to follow rick grimes in the first place

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom