The Walking Dead | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

The Walking Dead

Rosita is hot--hope not. Sasha is supposed to be in the new Star Trek TV show, so won't be surprised if she's gone.

What about that craptacular deer scene? Lol
I agree. I thought the episode was possibly the worst ever.

I felt the opposite. Its why the show is still on in that they can find things to do beside just be in scary situations and kill other humans.. Light hearted episode with some nice homage to the past.

The deer scene was bizzaro though.

I wish the show would show them doing more scavenging and finding cool sht. Pretty much everywhere you’d turn could be a treasure trove of stuff. You need guns, how about a police station or an outdoor store.

I wish the show would show them doing more scavenging and finding cool sht. Pretty much everywhere you’d turn could be a treasure trove of stuff. You need guns, how about a police station or an outdoor store.

I would think that by this point in time, all of the obvious places would have already been ransacked.

I would think that by this point in time, all of the obvious places would have already been ransacked.

the obvious places sure but there doesn't seem to be a lot of people left and it's a big world. It would take months to canvas and clear every house and building in a densely populated 400 or 500 square mile area, which is what only 20 mi x 25 mi. the world they're in now guns should actually be pretty easy to come by.

hard to tell how many people are around.. i mean how far can they really travel and how much gas is readily available..

just in the show communities there has to be 500-1000 people being shown in a small area. how long has it been in show time? I mean in a small town around here 1-2 people could drive around and find 90% of the usable stuff in 2-3 days. I would think most stuff was long gone in a week , but guns dont get used up the ammo does, ricks group had 1-200 guns, Negans probably got 1-2K the way they work.

the obvious places sure but there doesn't seem to be a lot of people left and it's a big world. It would take months to canvas and clear every house and building in a densely populated 400 or 500 square mile area, which is what only 20 mi x 25 mi. the world they're in now guns should actually be pretty easy to come by.

Densely populated areas would probably also be swarming with zombies.

I'm just tired of hearing how bad and tough the Saviors are, when they keep acting so stupid.

Dumb villains don't work. Smart villains work. Random and crazy villains can work. Dumb ones don't work.

to your point: last night's episode and the Saviors' non-existent perimeter security

This season is in a word ..

MEH

When Negan is not in the episode it is just bogged down in boring-ness. I love the show but this season has been painful to watch from week to week.

And for the love of god can someone kill Gregory already?

MEH

When Negan is not in the episode it is just bogged down in boring-ness. I love the show but this season has been painful to watch from week to week.

Agree. Gregory is the worst.

MEH

Gregory is more interesting than Tara, Sasha or Rosita

Gregory is a douche. I want to see more Simon.

Simon is boring. The writers just put the same language in his mouth that that would otherwise put in Negan's. He's just a copy of Negan with nothing original added to the mix. One Negan is already too many.

OTOH, yes, Gregory's a douche but that's part of what makes him interesting. He's conniving and he's probably going to betray Rick's group, but he's also a smart opportunist and he's waiting for the time when he can get the maximum benefit. That's interesting to watch.

Simon is boring. The writers just put the same language in his mouth that that would otherwise put in Negan's. He's just a copy of Negan with nothing original added to the mix. One Negan is already too many.

OTOH, yes, Gregory's a douche but that's part of what makes him interesting. He's conniving and he's probably going to betray Rick's group, but he's also a smart opportunist and he's waiting for the time when he can get the maximum benefit. That's interesting to watch.
Ok, to be more clear. I think they are wasting Steven Ogg. He is definitely Negan Jr. right now, but I think it would be cool if they turned him into a rival of Negan. I have not read the comics and have no idea where they are going, but Steven Ogg would have either been a better Negan or he could be a better villain than Negan.

Ok, to be more clear. I think they are wasting Steven Ogg. He is definitely Negan Jr. right now, but I think it would be cool if they turned him into a rival of Negan. I have not read the comics and have no idea where they are going, but Steven Ogg would have either been a better Negan or he could be a better villain than Negan.

During Talking Dead, it hit me that Steven Ogg would have been a perfect Negan. At least they are using him more than Westworld did.

Edit: No Simon in the comic book.

Yeah, you know... the whole Negan is always one step ahead thing is just really annoying.

I guess I'm in the minority in that I enjoyed this season. I can certainly understand how some viewers might have been frustrated with the slow pace leading up to the Alexandrians finally fighting back, but there was a lot of story to fill between the events of the premiere and the eventual altercation with the Saviors. And some important developments that needed to get set in motion [i.e., Eugene, the garbage people, the tipping point for the Kingdom, Hilltop joining the fray, etc.].

The one thing I didn't like was the final battle [and again, I think I'm in the minority on this point]. Felt very contrived -- how did the Hilltop folks get inside the walls? How did the Kingdom-ers? IMO, the fight would have worked better if it was somewhere out in the open instead of inside an ostensibly walled off fortress. And while I think that Sheba the tiger is cool--am I to believe that they just set her loose, and that she only attacked the bad guys? Not to mention, if I were a Savior, and I saw a tiger attacking people indiscriminately, that would be the first thing I'd be shooting at.

I think that next season will be a lot more fast paced. But I continue to enjoy the story / journey.

The thing that made irked me the most about the season was the screwed up speech patterns of the junk yard folks like they were some sort of alien race in Star Trek. I would get the leader having a certain speech pattern but the whole community speaking like that? Dumb.

The thing that made irked me the most about the season was the screwed up speech patterns of the junk yard folks like they were some sort of alien race in Star Trek. I would get the leader having a certain speech pattern but the whole community speaking like that? Dumb.

Haha yeah I said the same thing to my gf. It's only several years after the zombie outbreak, right? Why did these people suddenly lose almost all communication skills like it was 50 years in the future or something?

I guess I'm in the minority in that I enjoyed this season. I can certainly understand how some viewers might have been frustrated with the slow pace leading up to the Alexandrians finally fighting back, but there was a lot of story to fill between the events of the premiere and the eventual altercation with the Saviors. And some important developments that needed to get set in motion [i.e., Eugene, the garbage people, the tipping point for the Kingdom, Hilltop joining the fray, etc.].

The one thing I didn't like was the final battle [and again, I think I'm in the minority on this point]. Felt very contrived -- how did the Hilltop folks get inside the walls? How did the Kingdom-ers? IMO, the fight would have worked better if it was somewhere out in the open instead of inside an ostensibly walled off fortress. And while I think that Sheba the tiger is cool--am I to believe that they just set her loose, and that she only attacked the bad guys? Not to mention, if I were a Savior, and I saw a tiger attacking people indiscriminately, that would be the first thing I'd be shooting at.

I think that next season will be a lot more fast paced. But I continue to enjoy the story / journey.
don't get me wrong, I totally enjoyed the year too. I just felt that it wasn't as strong as others, although this winters 1st episode and the last one were aces. (I call this the Led Zeppelin Presence Effect...the album in general is the worst, but it has Achilles Last Stand and Nobody's Fault But Mine on it, which are 2 in their top 20 if you ask me).

I am worried that FTWD wont hold its own as we continue...

don't get me wrong, I totally enjoyed the year too. I just felt that it wasn't as strong as others, although this winters 1st episode and the last one were aces. (I call this the Led Zeppelin Presence Effect...the album in general is the worst, but it has Achilles Last Stand and Nobody's Fault But Mine on it, which are 2 in their top 20 if you ask me).

I am worried that FTWD wont hold its own as we continue...

Agree 100% with that last point. The show has clearly deviated from the graphic novels, and taken many creative liberties. But it has also borrowed the main story arcs, characters, and plots from them -- and the Neegan conflict is kind of the penultimate story arc of the entire graphic novels. I definitely think that they have enough source material for another season [maybe two] until this plays out until it's end. But beyond that... who knows.

Finish line might be in sight. I always get worried when popular shows based upon best selling books / source content use up all of the source material and then wing it. That happened with Dexter, GoT, etc. and is at risk of happening here, as well.

Agreed. Worked better in the graphic novels than in "real life" on the show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom