The Walking Dead | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

The Walking Dead

Looking forward to medieval psycho Carol.

Daryl may be wearing Beta for warmth soon for the winter.

Walking Dead just pulled me right back in again.

Agreed -- it might take awhile to get there under this current plot arc, but the Carol vs. Alpha throw down is going to be fun to watch.

Alpha may have screwed with the wrong mom's kid.

Agreed -- it might take awhile to get there under this current plot arc, but the Carol vs. Alpha throw down is going to be fun to watch.

Alpha may have screwed with the wrong mom's kid.

Im pretty confused by the finale’s trailer though... so winter comes and after the fair the Kingdom’s completely capitulated?

Im pretty confused by the finale’s trailer though... so winter comes and after the fair the Kingdom’s completely capitulated?

Although not correlated to the Whisperer plot line, in the comics there was a figural winter plot -- and it looks like the TV series is going to draw upon elements from that to finally present it.

Hard not to envision the King and Carol being devastated by the loss of their son. And Ezekiel has alluded to the Fair as being a way to reintroduce trade, b/c the Kingdom was dying a slow death. In light of what happened, it will be interesting to see how things unfold.

SPOILER ALERT

In the comics, Ezekiel ended up with his head on a pike, not Henry [who I don't think was actually a character in the graphic novels]. So we're somewhat in uncharted territory here.

Although not correlated to the Whisperer plot line, in the comics there was a figural winter plot -- and it looks like the TV series is going to draw upon elements from that to finally present it.

Hard not to envision the King and Carol being devastated by the loss of their son. And Ezekiel has alluded to the Fair as being a way to reintroduce trade, b/c the Kingdom was dying a slow death. In light of what happened, it will be interesting to see how things unfold.

SPOILER ALERT

In the comics, Ezekiel ended up with his head on a pike, not Henry [who I don't think was actually a character in the graphic novels]. So we're somewhat in uncharted territory here.
zeke is such a pretentious clown i wish they had stuck to the original script

i know its easy to find spoilers if you go looking, but that was pretty shocking.

I stopped reading the comics after All Out War because I didn’t want to be spoiled by the source material. Now I get to play catch-up and see how things played out up to Issue #144. I read too far ahead in the Negan saga.

Well, scratch that plan. Guess I don’t have to read them after all. :mad:

Aren’t spoilers supposed to be written in white font so people who really want to read them can highlight the text? ;)

I ain't happy the civil war reenacter died.

Or the star of Too Many Cooks.

Great job setting up the stakes. The conflict is definitely interesting.

I am tired of seeing the villain be these ruthless leaders. I don't buy that they would actually have people follow them.

A much scarier villain is the one that actually leads well. Maybe that's Georgie down the road?

watching the talking dead, the highwayman story line makes more sense now.

Over under on people Carol kills this episode? Setting it at 8 and taking the over

So I'm watching the most recent episode now and one thing I can't figure out is what in the hell happened to all the firepower the groups had. At the end of last season each area was armed to the teeth like they were the viet cong. Now everyone has sticks and knives. I get that the cars probably broke down but where the hell are the guns????

So I'm watching the most recent episode now and one thing I can't figure out is what in the hell happened to all the firepower the groups had. At the end of last season each area was armed to the teeth like they were the viet cong. Now everyone has sticks and knives. I get that the cars probably broke down but where the hell are the guns????
Id say perhaps they ran out of the raw materials needed to mass produce ammunition but thats not it. Maybe they’re saving weaponry like that for any coming large scale wars

With the two time jumps that took place, the current plot is about 7 years ahead of when things left off at the end of last season.

With the two time jumps that took place, the current plot is about 7 years ahead of when things left off at the end of last season.

Right I get that, but that doesn't explain where all the firearms went.

Right I get that, but that doesn't explain where all the firearms went.
What good are firearms without bullets or raw materials to make them? I get the impression that they've moved on, and Eve out of necessity had to adopt a more primitive lifestyle. That's why the time jump is relevant.

What good are firearms without bullets or raw materials to make them? I get the impression that they've moved on, and Eve out of necessity had to adopt a more primitive lifestyle. That's why the time jump is relevant.

Wasn't Eugene able to mass produce bullets though from that factory? I get the time jump and the fact that Remington isn't rolling anything new off the assembly line but they had hundreds of guns about 7 years ago give or take the time jump, many would still be operable and Eugene already showed he could make bullets so its seems they would still have at least a few dozen around.

given time you would think they could keep older guns working , even civil war muskets still work now

Wasn't Eugene able to mass produce bullets though from that factory? I get the time jump and the fact that Remington isn't rolling anything new off the assembly line but they had hundreds of guns about 7 years ago give or take the time jump, many would still be operable and Eugene already showed he could make bullets so its seems they would still have at least a few dozen around.
He was somehow recycling used shells. Eventually that dwindled down.

And they do have working guns -- seems like several of the characters have handguns. But they seem to be used as last resorts (maybe due to scarcity of bullets). Accordingly, option 1 is more melee oriented weapons.

Not that difficult to suspend disbelief on this topic for me, in a world with more far-fetched plot elements, like zombies.

Scarcity is more the cause for lack of gun visibility. It’s also mentioned in earlier seasons that hilltop tries to keep their guns concealed so outsiders can’t measure their true strength.

Guns seem to be last resort by now.

is fear the walking now years behind when it starts in june? they still seem to have the automated machine gun working..

going to be tough to join them back together if thats the plan.

is fear the walking now years behind when it starts in june? they still seem to have the automated machine gun working..

going to be tough to join them back together if thats the plan.

I got through the first season of the spin off and a few episodes into the second before I gave up. Just found it lacking and to be honest boring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom