The WORST officiated game I have ever seen. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The WORST officiated game I have ever seen.

I don't usually complain about Redding because the bad calls seem to work themselves out over the course of the game, but this game was pretty bad.

Butler was off the line by about a half a yard. That maybe gets called 10-15 percent of the time to be honest.

There was a blatant hold on NC St during one of their long runs in the first half. I think it was Slayton that had great penetration and the guard was forced to tackle him - no call. Would have been third and a mile, instead NC St punches it in 2 plays later.

Same issue with that pass interference on Thomas. That was just great defense on third down. Instead keeps the drive alive and leads to another score.

So flipping bad.

Someone with time/energy should go back ad review the umpire placing the ball and meandering to his position at varying speeds depending on whether NCState or SU had the ball. If my instincts were correct you could time his actions and he probably took twice as long to get in position for us, which I think would be an identifiable area of bias if it was significant (even a 1.5 second average differential would be meaningful and imply bias).

I could have been dreaming this but my sense was he was delaying to help one side

haven't watched the replay of the Butler penalty but usually the oline is off the ball by 1/2 yd and then sometimes the wr is just a touch back from that. Most of the time unless the WR is actually behind the oline its never called. still its such an arbitrary call most of the time

Unfortunately I was unable to see the game but after watching football since the 60's I've learned that refs can call or not call penalties pretty much any time they want and that's why I don't get too emotionally involved anymore, it's just way too random. There is just too much money/bias in football, college and pro, and getting upset over this personally isn't something I'll do again. I know the game is ref'd by humans and they make mistakes but there are way too many blatant calls or non calls in the game that control way too much of the income (pun intended) of it.

The head Ref had a southern drawl so thick i thought i was listening to a re run of Mayberry.

Here's the issue with all the bad officiating is that NOTHING will ever be done about it from the ACC standpoint.

A couple that stick out to me.

Tons of holding by NC State blockers in open space, which led to long runs, but no calls. The next drive, one of the 1st plays, holding on SU.

Soon after the whole mini-skirmish, a NC State player leaning over Dungey right in his face trash talking after tackling Dungey. No call. You just know Dungey would've gotten a penalty if he pushed him off.

You said that last week.

I said nothing of the sort, so that's a fallacy.

I love it how people think criticizing the officials isn't warranted. I'm not blaming them for our loss, but they certainly made at least 4-5 incredibly fringy calls at key moments, yet NC St doesn't get called for holding or blocks in the back on any of those bubble screens.

Sorry, the refs certainly weren't on our side in this game.

Didn't read every post so apologize if already mentioned. At the half Babers made mention of the holding calls. He was subtle but said there was a lot of grabbing out there.

I love it how people think criticizing the officials isn't warranted. I'm not blaming them for our loss, but they certainly made at least 4-5 incredibly fringy calls at key moments, yet NC St doesn't get called for holding or blocks in the back on any of those bubble screens.

Zzzzzziiiiiinnnnnngggggg! (That's the sound of one going over your head)

Someone with time/energy should go back ad review the umpire placing the ball and meandering to his position at varying speeds depending on whether NCState or SU had the ball. If my instincts were correct you could time his actions and he probably took twice as long to get in position for us, which I think would be an identifiable area of bias if it was significant (even a 1.5 second average differential would be meaningful and imply bias).

I could have been dreaming this but my sense was he was delaying to help one side

That would be interesting. Quite a project...

This drives me nuts. People act as if complaining about the refs should only happen when it clearly costs you a game. If it doesn't, it doesn't matter, "it evens out." But that's BS - you can put your finger on the scale enough to make a difference, without it being enough to sway the game 100%.

There was a pass to Pierce in the end zone and the announcers loved the coverage, but didn't mention the handful of jersey, clear as day.

Get used to this type of thing; some of these crackers are still fighting the civil war and it's their chance to get the damn Yankees!

It's beyond bad. Dino should take the fine at this point .

We got 1 call today late which was the phantom late hit on Dungey. But man it was the ONLY call we got.

Chubs can suck it. What a pansy for getting knocked down by a one handed shove. Seriously, if you did that to some random woman in shopping mall she wouldn't fall over.
I had to laugh at that knock down and then he rolled a couple times. I think he might have picked up the technique by watching few men's pro soccer games. They are the worst when it comes to dramatic falls and injuries and then they are back up and playing.

Get used to this type of thing; some of these crackers are still fighting the civil war and it's their chance to get the damn Yankees!

You just got flagged.

You just got flagged.

5961662126624786_5a40dc434b913b54c344e119f6c3db15f848a0446afea15c1cea11b4a78d585e_large

Years ago a professional lost sight in an eye from this same thing. They must have stopped teaching player avoidance in referee school. Not smart.