The Yankees are downthree FAs | Syracusefan.com

The Yankees are downthree FAs

CaliCuse

All American
how do they get better? Tori Hunter seems to be heading to Detroit which would make them even tougher to beat.Cashman is doing everything he can to look he is going cool and easy on this mission.Will Ichiro be the permanent (RFer)? Martin is out there so a new catcher could be in the wings. I doubtCervelli is a candidate for that position.

Did Martin sign with someone else?

At the beginning of the season Martin wanted a 3 year extension at $20 million, and the Yanks laughed.

They're not going to make a $13.3 mil qualifying offer to a guy who hit under .200 for most of the season.

They'll reach a reasonable deal with Martin. Or Mike Napoli.

Did Martin sign with someone else?

At the beginning of the season Martin wanted a 3 year extension at $20 million, and the Yanks laughed.

They're not going to make a $13.3 mil qualifying offer to a guy who hit under .200 for most of the season.

They'll reach a reasonable deal with Martin. Or Mike Napoli.

No he didnt but he probably will sign elsewhere as he did not accept the yankees offer.

i'm more worried about pitching. i can't endure another year of hughes and nova.

I have it backwards. The Yanks offered Martin the 3 year / $20 mil extension before the 2012 season started, and Martin declined it.

He made $7.5 million in 2012, and $4 mil in 2011. After barely hitting .211 this season, he probably should have taken the $20 mil offer.

i'm more worried about pitching. i can't endure another year of hughes and nova.

Hughes is still only 26 years old and won 18 and 16 games in his last two full seasons. He's also strong in the sabermetric categories so he's been successful according to new and old stats. They would be crazy to remove him from the rotation because some people have unrealistic expectations.

Nothing wrong with Hughes or Nova, IMO. Both are young and have pitched very well at times. These two can potentially anchor the middle of the rotation for years. You can't keep reloading with free agent starters every year, and at some point they need to move on from Pettitte.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom