The Zone | Syracusefan.com

The Zone

jdubs30

Living Legend
I didn't get to watch the game last night, but for those who did; how did the zone look? We know what to expect from Rak/Cooney for the most part, but how did the young guys look in it? I know it's always a work in progress, but Joseph and CMac both look very long for their position, which is a huge bonus; but will it be the weapon it has been in the past? It seemed some of you were saying CMac and Roberson were making a lot of mistakes in the exhibitions. Cal and Texas/Iowa is coming up quick.

Still some hiccups. But Keneesaw doesn't have the the horses to challenge us with frequency. We had some breakdowns and out of position stuff in the second half.

Overall solid work, but it definitely wasn't the zone we had been used to seeing the past few years that's for sure. Hopefully with some game experience we step up significantly.

Still some hiccups. But Keneesaw doesn't have the the horses to challenge us with frequency. We had some breakdowns and out of position stuff in the second half.

Overall solid work, but it definitely wasn't the zone we had been used to seeing the past few years that's for sure. Hopefully with some game experience we step up significantly.
Roberson and McCullough look like they have the bodies and atleticism to be great in the zone, same with Joseph...hopefully it gets there this year.

I didn't get to watch the game last night, but for those who did; how did the zone look? We know what to expect from Rak/Cooney for the most part, but how did the young guys look in it? I know it's always a work in progress, but Joseph and CMac both look very long for their position, which is a huge bonus; but will it be the weapon it has been in the past? It seemed some of you were saying CMac and Roberson were making a lot of mistakes in the exhibitions. Cal and Texas/Iowa is coming up quick.

They're still making a lot of mistakes. They are not as quick to close out as our wing players have been the past couple years. The best wing defender might have been B.J.

IthacaMatt said:
They're still making a lot of mistakes. They are not as quick to close out as our wing players have been the past couple years. The best wing defender might have been B.J.

Agreed. Might be a while until we see them really click on D. But when they do. Look out.

jb has been positively influenced by usa basketball. we now look like Louisville in our zone. that is u play hard trapping all over until u drop. play everybody. we have about three or four natural scorers. if they play, they'll score

this may be the tallest and length Ive ever seen on the zone, especially the back end of it.

Mccullough looks taller than 6'10" to me. and the guy must have an 8' wing span.

this may be the tallest and length Ive ever seen on the zone, especially the back end of it.

Mccullough looks taller than 6'10" to me. and the guy must have an 8' wing span.
Our rebounding we will better I think too...right? McCullough seems like a beast on the boards, and Roberson will hold his own. Let's face it, Fair/Southerland/Grant weren't the ebst on the defensive glass

Our rebounding we will better I think too...right? McCullough seems like a beast on the boards, and Roberson will hold his own. Let's face it, Fair/Southerland/Grant weren't the ebst on the defensive glass

I hope so... but we won't find that out for a few games.

We will struggle early against teams that can shoot. Roberson looks better than h did last year and Chris should be a quick learner but they are worlds apart from CJ and Jeremy.

The great thing about this year's OCC is that we are not going to have to wait until the meat of the ACC schedule to know what we have.
Yup, the early season tournament should be fun to watch, the St. Johns and Long Beach State games should be pretty good too. But those games @Nova and @Michigan should be where the team learns the most. Will be very interesting to see how the young guys handle themselves. Great way to prepare for conference play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom