There’s a path to fourth place in the ACC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

There’s a path to fourth place in the ACC

I can't believe people are drinking this coolade after the last two games. It's not like SU played really well. UVA played bad. I mean both teams clanked the rims so bad I bet they had to be replaced.
And yet we came out on top.

League road wins are gold. Maybe it's not going to help us this year, but to diminish a league road win (against the defending national champs, I might add) is ill-advised.

That literally was not the point of this thread as I stated in my very first post. I said there was a path to fourth place. Maybe read next time. Thanks.
Did read it. Since when do replies have directly apply to the OP. Threads more often than not drift.

And yet we came out on top.

League road wins are gold. Maybe it's not going to help us this year, but to diminish a league road win (against the defending national champs, I might add) is ill-advised.
Yes a win is a win. On the road even better but to imply it was a terrifically played game is false. It was more of a matter of who sucked less. I was just saying the rims took a beating. When they managed to even hit the rim! I saw more air balls than any other single game.

I’ll be at that game to make sure FSU loses. Sooner or later we will win when I go to Tallahassee
I'm sure there was some Clemson fan thinking That about UNC for the past 20 years... At least they broke that because UNC turned into a dumpster fire lately.

Did read it. Since when do replies have directly apply to the OP. Threads more often than not drift.

Fine. No kidding ranking is decided on tiebreakers. The point was if we outplay the middle of the pack we could finish 4th. Right now we are 2-3 against teams projected to finish with 9-11 teams. Only 3 teams on KenPom are projected to finish with more than that. In case you haven't been paying attention everyone who plays Virginia can't score. It is not just a Syracuse problem.

I didn't read the whole thread but was hoping someone could answer a question that may have been discussed. What would the record of the 4th place team like be(range), and do you have any idea yet if the 4th place team will make the tournament?

It feels a bit odd asking that 2nd question, but I guess it is warranted this season.

Thanks

I would imagine 4th place ends up as 12-8. If we landed with that record and sit at 19-12 that would be extremely impressive. That would mean 9-5 the rest of the way.

I didn't read the whole thread but was hoping someone could answer a question that may have been discussed. What would the record of the 4th place team like be(range), and do you have any idea yet if the 4th place team will make the tournament?

It feels a bit odd asking that 2nd question, but I guess it is warranted this season.

Thanks

KenPom currently projects VaTech 4th place at 12-8. Then Cuse/UVA/Clemson tied for 5th at 10-10.

10 ACC wins for us puts us at 17-14 for the year. I believe for any shot at March we need 12 ACC wins (19 wins overall). Remember, our best OOC win is Colgate so we really need to at least 12 wins in the league (probably more) combined with beating 1 of Ville/Duke/FSU to get an at-large

Question—are we in the tournament if we had won the va tech and nd games?

Last edited:
Question—are we in the tournament if we had one the va tech and nd games?

No. I think we need to beat Virginia Tech and one of Duke/Louisville/FSU while probably getting 12-13 ACC wins, but I don't it's as daunting as people think.

No. I think we need to beat Virginia Tech and one of Duke/Louisville/FSU while probably getting 12-13 ACC wins, but I don't it's as daunting as people think.

i meant had we not lost those two games, as of rn would we be in. (I know it’s kind of a dumb question but just curious.). Ppl don’t realize how mediocre college b-ball is.

(I cant believe I used one instead of won, I’m on very little sleep rn)

i meant had we not lost those two games, as of rn would we be in. (I know it’s kind of a dumb question but just curious.). Ppl don’t realize how mediocre college b-ball is.

(I cant believe I used one instead of won, I’m on very little sleep rn)

Got it. Yes. I think if we had beaten both we would at minimum be on the bubble based on the rest of CBB.

With our lack of OOC wins, we need to do damage in conference. Even though 14 ACC wins gets us to 21 overall, if we don’t beat any of Ville/Duke/FSU well certainly have an interesting resume

It seems each year we make the climb to post season harder and harder. Let’s go winless in the pre season next year and then see how many wins we need in conference to make the dance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom