there is no doubt in my mind | Syracusefan.com

there is no doubt in my mind

Eh, it wasn't fixed. Just really bad officials doing what they do best.

Officiating really badly.

Really, really badly.

Really, really, really badly.

Eh, it wasn't fixed. Just really bad officials doing what they do best.

Officiating really badly.

Really, really badly.

Really, really, really badly.

I'd have to ask why the vast majority of it seemed to hurt us then. Is it merely our subjectivity?

I'd have to ask why the vast majority of it seemed to hurt us then. Is it merely our subjectivity?

Eh, I just can't imagine it's fixed.

Now, were they calling everything for Nova, absolutely. Something was amiss, but probably not quite that much.

Because fox is coverong be hoops su played so micj better then anyone expected the refs almost failed

Because fox is coverong be hoops su played so micj better then anyone expected the refs almost failed

Because no way was the BE going to let us win this game. Not against their only Top Ten team. That Nova team isn't as good as their inflated record. I don't see how Jay Wright could look JB straight in the face after that game. He knows his team didn't win it fairly. When he watches the tape he should call JB and apologize.

It seemed like one of the refs was going pretty far out of his way to explain to a nova player why he had to give him a foul. It was like he was coaching him

It seemed like one of the refs was going pretty far out of his way to explain to a nova player why he had to give him a foul. It was like he was coaching him

Refs do that all the time- good teaching moments. Cooney was trying to engage the refs too.

I wish I could fail that miserably at my job and still go back to do it all again the next week

Not saying it was fixed but if someday it is shown that one of the refs was crooked I would not be surprised.

The kid with the blood jersey, in the second half. Man, that pissed me off. He threw Roberson out of the way, we finally got a whistle, he bellowed --!, and the ref came right over with some instruction.

Just out of curiosity, doesn't the visiting team's conference assign the refs? Were they ACC?

No way the "fix" was in. I don’t think those refs would be smart enough to tease a game both ways and play the middle.

It was a very poorly ref’d game that skewed way against the orange. We still have ourselves to blame for not taking down a "quality win" and that lost opportunity will hurt our resume. If the game was called even somewhat competently/evenly, some of the headlines the next day would have included the word "spanked".

No way the "fix" was in. I don’t think those refs would be smart enough to tease a game both ways and play the middle.

It was a very poorly ref’d game that skewed way against the orange. We still have ourselves to blame for not taking down a "quality win" and that lost opportunity will hurt our resume. If the game was called even somewhat competently/evenly, some of the headlines the next day would have included the word "spanked".
That was a great post on my part. No maybe not a fix, since SU nearly won anyway, but certainly as bad a screw job as you will see.

The consistent inconsistency of the calls slanted in favor of one team the whole game is was really mind boggling. :confused: I think

i had the volume down because of a sleeping baby but apparently johnson and jackson were pretty openly pulling for the big east team - that league was mickey mouse when it had better programs, there doesn't need to be a fix for everyone including the refs to know where their bread is buttered

i had the volume down because of a sleeping baby but apparently johnson and jackson were pretty openly pulling for the big east team -

Why were you sleeping during such a big game???

:rolleyes:

i had the volume down because of a sleeping baby but apparently johnson and jackson were pretty openly pulling for the big east team - that league was mickey mouse when it had better programs, there doesn't need to be a fix for everyone including the refs to know where their bread is buttered

I didn't see it at all that way...the announcers openly pulling for 'Nova. Johnson said a lot of good things about the 'Cuse and constantly was giving praise to Joseph. And, as far as Jackson goes, for me, he was practically unnoticeable...really bringing nothing to the broadcast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom