There needs to be movement | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

There needs to be movement

It was. Due diligence was done. You may not like the hire, but this was a decision made while being advised by people he trusts and respects.
What i meant was, I dont think it would have been his call to spend more $.

What i meant was, I dont think it would have been his call to spend more $.
How much money are you talking? Red is going to get significantly less than JB. You continue to ignore who the most influential people around the program preferred.

How much money are you talking? Red is going to get significantly less than JB. You continue to ignore who the most influential people around the program preferred.

Well, Red gets his chance. They hopefully stopped the dry rot with respect to attendance.
But Autry has to hold on to some of these kids and field a competitive team next year.

It's been heading this way for years.

Not the decision. Yes, the program's decline has been going on for years, but it's not like they decided to hire Autry for 2023-24 a couple years ago.

Not the decision. Yes, the program's decline has been going on for years, but it's not like they decided to hire Autry for 2023-24 a couple years ago.
It has been in the works longer than you think.

I said we were going to hire an alum years ago and I was slammed here. It has long been trending this way. Autry has the backing of all the important people from alumni to the administration.

While I supported the idea of a national search I completely support Red and hope as we all do that he crushes it.
Time will tell what Red can and cannot bring to the program. I have great hope that unlike JAB he will bring a fresh perspective to the program.
Let’s go Orange & Red !

f7j7bcsn9z811.jpg
Nice detour.

I think I speak for everyone that we want to be relevant next year. Not a few years down the road.
I would love to be relevant next year, back in the tourney, all that. But my main concern is getting the program back to where it was for the long haul. So for next year I want to see a clear identity. What is Syracuse Basketball post-Boeheim? What is Autry's vision? I want to see players who fit that vision, and I want to see growth and by the end of next year believe we're on track to be relevant the following year. I want to be able to tell myself we have the makings of a top-25 team the following year, with better upside.

The W-L record next year doesn't matter much to me, though obviously I'd love to see him turn it around that quickly.

I would love to be relevant next year, back in the tourney, all that. But my main concern is getting the program back to where it was for the long haul. So for next year I want to see a clear identity. What is Syracuse Basketball post-Boeheim? What is Autry's vision? I want to see players who fit that vision, and I want to see growth and by the end of next year believe we're on track to be relevant the following year. I want to be able to tell myself we have the makings of a top-25 team the following year, with better upside.

The W-L record next year doesn't matter much to me, though obviously I'd love to see him turn it around that quickly.
It's strange that for the first time in my life I don't know what a Syracuse basketball player or team is supposed to look like or play like. Good call on Red needs to figure it out quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom