There needs to be movement | Syracusefan.com

There needs to be movement

CuseBlock

Walk On
There’s a lot of rebuilding to do. Joe and Jesse are almost certainly out. I’ve heard Joe will transfer and Jesse will likely go pro. Not to mention Judah probably being on his way out.

Need 4-5 impact players in the portal or a late recruit. But there’s serious rebuilding needed for next season. I think I speak for everyone that we want to be relevant next year. Not a few years down the road.

There’s a lot of rebuilding to do. Joe and Jesse are almost certainly out. I’ve heard Joe will transfer and Jesse will likely go pro. Not to mention Judah probably being on his way out.

Need 4-5 impact players in the portal or a late recruit. But there’s serious rebuilding needed for next season. I think I speak for everyone that we want to be relevant next year. Not a few years down the road.
I’ve heard people on here and elsewhere saying that Jesse’s girlfriend just got a job with the SU women’s field hockey team and that he could be back for a 5th year.

I’ve heard people on here and elsewhere saying that Jesse’s girlfriend just got a job with the SU women’s field hockey team and that he could be back for a 5th year.
Jesse said in an interview his 27/20 game was a great way to say goodbye. He gone.

Jesse said in an interview his 27/20 game was a great way to say goodbye. He gone.

He gone? That’s not a given. Did you not read my post? And For NIL, they can work around him being an international player by going on an international trip this summer. Apparently UK did it with Tshiebwe to get around the rules.

How many teams get 4-5 impact players in the portal? Very few if any. I don’t see it happening. I know Pitt did a quick rebuild with portal players, but I don’t think it was 4-5.

This is a big part of why I don't understand the absolute necessity to stay internal. It doesnt seem like it's going to result in ANYONE staying who wasnt already leaving

How many teams get 4-5 impact players in the portal? Very few if any. I don’t see it happening. I know Pitt did a quick rebuild with portal players, but I don’t think it was 4-5.

Its unlikely, but very few teams have so many holes.

i think its very possibly we scoop up...3 legit impact players with the promise that all will be in that 8-9 man rotation, and likely a couple may even start.

This is a big part of why I don't understand the absolute necessity to stay internal. It doesnt seem like it's going to result in ANYONE staying who wasnt already leaving
What would make you think that? Everything indicates that the players love Red. I think staying internal will retain players.

What would make you think that? Everything indicates that the players love Red. I think staying internal will retain players.

I was quoting the guy's scenario above. He was saying Joe, Judah, Jesse, etc are all gone.

If Red keeps a couple of the guys who may otherwise go, then I agree this is a benefit to staying internal. Still not as much as there would have been going external, but at least something

You don’t make hires to retain players. We didn’t do that.
I think in portal world, that has to be a consideration, especially if you have an all-league center and an All American candidate PG to try to keep.

I don’t think Jesse has to worry about having a girlfriend, wherever he winds up.

f7j7bcsn9z811.jpg

Its unlikely, but very few teams have so many holes.

i think its very possibly we scoop up...3 legit impact players with the promise that all will be in that 8-9 man rotation, and likely a couple may even start.
Lol, St Bona had to replace 100% of it's scoring and minutes from last year. They ended up 14-18 after having a 2-6 finish. Yeah "only" A10 but still respectable. At least SU isn't that bad off. 3 legit impact players and a couple of decent young bench guys is possible.

If the core all leave, then Wildhack just blew it, big time.

What was his alternative?

Do a national search. He announced Autry the same day he let Boeheim go.
Portal doesn't even open for a week.
NCAA tournament after the 2nd weekend a lot of coaches are available.

What was his alternative?
The alternative was to pay enough $ to entice one of the proven head coaches I am hearing were on the table. But I dont know that this was Wildhack's call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom