They Fixed Preferred Pricing! | Syracusefan.com

They Fixed Preferred Pricing!

bnoro

Lurker
21537500-standard.png

Syracuse football making price changes to season tickets, moving up renewal date

In previous years, one Orange Club donation allowed fans to buy premium season-tickets to both sports. Now, the school will charge separate donations for each. Information about the plan is available on the SU Athletics website.

The end result is that stand-alone season tickets in premium sections for football will be made less expensive, the price change for stand-alone basketball tickets will be uncertain until season-ticket prices are released and the cost to fans purchasing both will likely rise.

"Prior to our move in this direction football and basketball were combined," said Anthony Di Fino, the school's associate athletics director for business development. "We've created an independent model. When you boil it down, the NBA isn't the NFL. There's two different entities. Two different buyers."

In an effort to reach out to fans who will be impacted by a price increase, Di Fino said, Syracuse is providing an array of benefits for fans who buy premium season-tickets to both sports. Depending on the size of the Orange Club donation, options include a brunch with Dino Babers, various open practices or a party on football's signing day.

"The past model what it was doing was allowing fans to add on football (tickets) at a rate that wasn't consistent with our peers," Di Fino said. "We're now in line with the industry. The Orange Club donations support our athletes. That's what we're really driving at so we can compete with our peers in the ACC. Every dollar helps. I think our fans see that."

New parking map:

http://www.cuse.com/documents/2016/11/9//Football_Parking_2017.pdf?id=9838

Eliminated all the Preferred C & D in the 300.

Eliminated $99 seats.
The article mentioned that $99 seat buyers could renew through the site at that same price.

They're also charging a $500 minimum to park in the West/Fine Lot.

Not happy.

Parking gets reworked...might be a shock to some...it is going to cost you more to park near the Dome

I wouldn't get too excited yet. Looks like we get boned with the parking and depending on what they do with basketball, it could be that basketball fans or fans of both are asked to make up for the failure of football.

What the article didn't tell you...if you pay a premium (preferred) fee that can count for your Parking Donation. One A level ticket is a $295 premium.

TexanMark said:
What the article didn't tell you...if you pay a premium (preferred) fee that can count for your Parking Donation. One A level ticket is a $295 premium.

There is no donation for football C and D in the 300s. So the BIG question will be since it says donation to the orange club, will my basketball donation to the orange club go towards the parking and if only have to pay $200 for the Fine Lot.

Last edited:
I like the new football structure but have to wait to see what basketball will be since I have seasons for both.

There is no donation for football C and D in the 300s. So the BIG question will be since it says donation to the orange club, will my basketball donation to the orange club go towards the parking and if only have to pay $200 for the Fine Lot.
Good question...not sure.

TexanMark said:
Good question...not sure.

What good are you?

The FAQ says any donation to the orange club but then in their example only uses football examples. Guess I'll be making a call.

Never bought seasons (not local). Can you choose your actual seats?

Never bought seasons (not local). Can you choose your actual seats?
No and they put me next to Bees...

Actually yes, you can click on an interactive viewer and see available seats...but sometimes they hold back more.

TexanMark said:
Bees, when you get zhoney...let us know.

For sure

Chris02M said:
vs the 325 last year

Wasn't it like 225?

cuseguy said:
Pretty sure it was $200 for parking and $125 for Orange Club donation. This might be it for me.

Ok. Since I have preferred seats I didn't count the $125.