They Fixed Preferred Pricing! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

They Fixed Preferred Pricing!

BVille44 said:
I will give the new AD and Anthony Difino credit for trying to come up with a solution to what we can all agree was an absolute disaster in terms of the price structure for football. As TexanMark said they are trying to sell more season tickets between the 20's and I am sure they are hoping that the season ticket holders in the end zone will now move to a preferred seating area with the significant drop in price they set forth today. You will not find another P5 program with seven home games selling season tickets ranging from $125 to $500.

They absolutely had to do something for the price structure in football. But until we find out the bball donations and parking question, we won't know if it was done correctly. Fixing football at the expense of basketball isn't really fixing anything. It's just moving the sands.

Did you go the football games? If not, it's part of the cause of why between the 20s the seats are empty.
I've gone to every football game, despite 13 years of horrible football. If people are proud or impressed with 20,000 season ticket holders, that explains why attendance is horrible.

They absolutely had to do something for the price structure in football. But until we find out the bball donations and parking question, we won't know if it was done correctly. Fixing football at the expense of basketball isn't really fixing anything. It's just moving the sands.
Per website - Level A preferred seat for basketball is going to be $800 per seat, Level A preferred seat for football is $295. This doesn't include season ticket and parking.

or the goalposts. ;)

I've gone to every football game, despite 13 years of horrible football. If people are proud or impressed with 20,000 season ticket holders, that explains why attendance is horrible.

Did I say I was proud of 20k? No, who would be. I've gone to every home game too for the past 16 years, drove 2.5 hours each way for the last 4.

Something needed to be done; is this the right thing? Yet to be seen, but a step in the right direction IMO.

Did they ever figure out the OPEN sept 2 slot? Who's the season opener in 2017?

dont forget the bonus priority points if you agree to renew via payment plan( 9 payments total allowed max) or 1 time fee by 11/23 of 50 points,25 if by january and getting smaller until the deadline.

that is something i was hoping would be announced at time of renewals being sent out. September 1st seems like the night we will open as we have opened on friday for 3 straight years.

I wouldn't say they are punishing anyone. This is fixing a recurring issue.

They certainly are punishing some people. I have 4 Preferred A season tickets for both football and basketball, but will considering dropping the football seats since my cost for those seats in addition to the basketball seats is rising from $1000 to $2000 without a similar reduction in the cost of basketball. I also have 4 $125 season tickets, so "fixing" the problem may have caused them to lose 8 season tickets from me alone. After 15 years of being one of the worst Power 5 football teams seems like a terrible time for a 100% increase in cost imposed on the fans who are spending the most money trying to support the Athletic Department as a whole.

In the past, you had to make a one time $10,000 donation for a Level A seat and $5,000 for a Level B seat. Is this still the case? Some people are going to be pretty upset if they don't demand a similar donation now. There's no way people will pay that for football.

I believe not. sounds like they finally separated hoops from fb. smart and needed for a long time as stated in the story nba fans arent nfl fans. also, 2 totally different products over the past decade. preferred football A went from $800+ to 500. thats impressive . hard to ask $100 for a fb ticket when you cant make a game. great to see. JW and staff seem to get it!

Ish88888 said:
I believe not. sounds like they finally separated hoops from fb. smart and needed for a long time as stated in the story nba fans arent nfl fans. also, 2 totally different products over the past decade. preferred football A went from $800+ to 500. thats impressive . hard to ask $100 for a fb ticket when you cant make a game. great to see. JW and staff seem to get it!

You realize for many of the "both sports" people, the price has gone up. Like one poster just detailed, he'd have to pay $1000 more and might now drop football.

Last edited:
You realize for many of the "both sports" people, the price has gone up. Like one poster just detailed, he'd have to pay $1000 more and might now drop football.

I would hope/think that SU's model captured and weighed this. Must be ok with that risk.

Am I understanding this right? Now must pay a donation for both football and basketball instead of one?

CUSU said:
I would hope/think that SU's model captured and weighed this. Must be ok with that risk. Am I understanding this right? Now must pay a donation for both football and basketball instead of one?

Correct although fewer football seats require a donation

My understanding there will be a small amount of dual sports folks will see an increase. Most shouldn't have an increase.

Actually my FB/parking package is going up too I have always had non premium seats and it will go up...so I plan to move to what was Preferred C in the 300s to recapture some value.

I heard they have an opponent...Bailey's guess of a FCS team looks correct.

I would hope/think that SU's model captured and weighed this. Must be ok with that risk.

Am I understanding this right? Now must pay a donation for both football and basketball instead of one?
No matter what they did...some will be screwed. SU needs to fill the seats between the 20s and raise money to fund the Dome reno.

FB needs the help...if you get in now...when they break into the Top 25, those seats will be a hot commodity.

No matter what they did...some will be screwed. SU needs to fill the seats between the 20s and raise money to fund the Dome reno.

FB needs the help...if you get in now...when they break into the Top 25, those seats will be a hot commodity.

Could not agree more Mark.

And the end zone seats are full every game. they are also trying to entice those with west stadium pass but tickets in non preferred sections to move

Sounds to me like they fixed the glitch.

Paying $800 for hoops and then getting to tack on football for an additional $55 (or whatever it is) is inviting a bunch of season ticket holders who won't go out of their way to see a mediocre to bad football team 6-7 times.

It sounds like they're trying to get closer to a subscription model by moving up the dates and allowing more installments. They should just go full on monthly subscription model, you just pay, say, $100 per month forever.

I already donate that way to the Orange Club in addition to my tickets so they have the infrastructure setup. Maybe I'll suggest I get A level seats now.

They certainly are punishing some people. I have 4 Preferred A season tickets for both football and basketball, but will considering dropping the football seats since my cost for those seats in addition to the basketball seats is rising from $1000 to $2000 without a similar reduction in the cost of basketball. I also have 4 $125 season tickets, so "fixing" the problem may have caused them to lose 8 season tickets from me alone. After 15 years of being one of the worst Power 5 football teams seems like a terrible time for a 100% increase in cost imposed on the fans who are spending the most money trying to support the Athletic Department as a whole.
So when we are at the top of our division in Football, would you be willing to pay more than previously?

Everyone so far has mentioned how bad we've been. Would you rather the team be good and pay more, because we will be under Babers or would you rather they stay bad so you can pay cheaper prices for tickets?

Most other fanbases throw money at their programs to ensure that they are good and stay good. Donations beyond donations...and we bitch about paying a few hundred more for parking and not getting discounts on both basketball AND football.

Cheap parking at Clemson is $125 a game to park in a swamp a mile away from the stadium along with $1200/a year for 4 seats not including donation. People there have been paying those prices for 15+ years Clemson hasn't been that good for that long, amazingly no bitching from their fanbase.

My company is moving to Greenville S.C. and every new employee is a Clemson fan.

Last edited:
They are making football cheaper at the expense of basketball. I currently pay $865 per seat for Level A football and basketball. The new Level A price for basketball ONLY is $800 per seat. It's $295 per seat for football. I've been a season ticket holder for both for 13 years. It's been the worst 13 years in football history. So this is how they pay back someone who is a preferred seat holder for both sports. This might hurt football attendance. The only reason some people bought season tickets for football was because it demanded a season ticket if you had preferred seats. There will be people now who will say so long to football tickets.

By the looks of our attendance, and the tv shots of all the aluminum from the preferred seating areas, those folks never/rarely came, so nothing lost.

They will still be empty. People won't pay for a football season ticket now. Why would you expect them to add an additional preferred seat donation.
No they won't. As opposed to before, the people who buy those seats will actually show up now.

If you want someone to blame for why you're complaining, blame the football no-shows. They forced SU's hand to change the system (for the better).

th