They Fixed Preferred Pricing! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

They Fixed Preferred Pricing!

cuseguy said:
Yup. That's a $175 increase.

300 for donors if basketball donation doesn't count.

People should not be surprised that the cost of parking is going up. It's at a premium right now and from the future campus plan, it looks to become even more so. Still, I manage to park in a lot that's a 5 minute walk to the dome for $20-$25/game ($120-$150 a year). Now sure, it's first come, first serve and you aren't guaranteed a spot, but it's not unreasonable.

They are making football cheaper at the expense of basketball. I currently pay $865 per seat for Level A football and basketball. The new Level A price for basketball ONLY is $800 per seat. It's $295 per seat for football. I've been a season ticket holder for both for 13 years. It's been the worst 13 years in football history. So this is how they pay back someone who is a preferred seat holder for both sports. This might hurt football attendance. The only reason some people bought season tickets for football was because it demanded a season ticket if you had preferred seats. There will be people now who will say so long to football tickets.

They are making football cheaper at the expense of basketball. I currently pay $865 per seat for Level A football and basketball. The new Level A price for basketball ONLY is $800 per seat. It's $295 per seat for football. I've been a season ticket holder for both for 13 years. It's been the worst 13 years in football history. So this is how they pay back someone who is a preferred seat holder for both sports. This might hurt football attendance. The only reason some people bought season tickets for football was because it demanded a season ticket if you had preferred seats. There will be people now who will say so long to football tickets.

Well thought out by the university.

I might just park somewhere else next year. I'll wait to see if Babers returns.

So refreshing to see that fans insights/complaints are being listened to. This is smart. Close in parking is going to continue to demand a premium as the campus continues to expand.

SU is still dirt cheap among the P5. A Clemson fan told me a similar spot like the Fine Lot would cost $5k a year.
I agree with TexanMark. Syracuse currently has the cheapest parking in the ACC and the increased donation for prime parking spots near the dome will help offset the loss of the upper level preferred seat revenue for the Orange Club. I think it is great that the new administration listened to the fans about the preferred seating price structure.

Good question...not sure.
I believe that basketball and football are now completely separate when it comes to Orange Club preferred basketball seating/football parking donations but I am sure someone at the Orange Club office can answer your question.

I agree with TexanMark. Syracuse currently has the cheapest parking in the ACC and the increased donation for prime parking spots near the dome will help offset the loss of the upper level preferred seat revenue for the Orange Club. I think it is great that the new administration listened to the fans about the preferred seating price structure.

I might be willing to pay 5K to park in a premier lot if I was a Clemson fan.

The only thing premier about the West lots is that they're close to the Dome. They're generally filled with empty cars and few tailgaters.

And that is the main problem...basketball fans buying football seats between the 20s and not using them.

I have seasons for both too but my football seat is around the 35 yard line and we use them. The University knows who uses their season football tickets and who doesn't. I used to get an email after each game thanking us for attending. Am I now going to be penalized because they want to punish those who buy and don't attend?

And that is the main problem...basketball fans buying football seats between the 20s and not using them.
They will still be empty. People won't pay for a football season ticket now. Why would you expect them to add an additional preferred seat donation.

Parking won't increase if you meet the donation level in your preferred seat donation. The preferred seat donation counts toward your parking. If you just paid the minimum Orange Pack donation, it won't be enough to get a west lot parking pass.

In the past, you had to make a one time $10,000 donation for a Level A seat and $5,000 for a Level B seat. Is this still the case? Some people are going to be pretty upset if they don't demand a similar donation now. There's no way people will pay that for football.

They will still be empty. People won't pay for a football season ticket now. Why would you expect them to add an additional preferred seat donation.

I bet it looks fuller between the 30s next year...just a hunch.

Really bad TV optics during games...we have a P5 endzone and a MAC sideline

Renew for next year and tell Wildhack how to run the Athletics department at a personal meet and greet. Yay!

Attachments

• ABC_Benefits.pdf
    0 bytes · Views: 45
I have seasons for both too but my football seat is around the 35 yard line and we use them. The University knows who uses their season football tickets and who doesn't. I used to get an email after each game thanking us for attending. Am I now going to be penalized because they want to punish those who buy and don't attend?
Are you preferred B? If so your two tix will cover the Parking Fee. If C...you have to pay about $100 more.

BVille44 said:
I believe that basketball and football are now completely separate when it comes to Orange Club preferred basketball seating/football parking donations but I am sure someone at the Orange Club office can answer your question.

If there is complete separation including what counts for what as to donations then it is fact that basketball donors are being asked to subsidize the lack of football donors. It might cost them in both sports.

It wasn't lost on me either that while C and D upstairs don't pay a donation, the price of the ticket itself is more than any seat in the house.

Did you go the football games? If not, it's part of the cause of why between the 20s the seats are empty.

I bet it looks fuller between the 30s next year...just a hunch.

Really bad TV optics during games...we have a P5 endzone and a MAC sideline

I will give the new AD and Anthony Difino credit for trying to come up with a solution to what we can all agree was an absolute disaster in terms of the price structure for football.

As TexanMark said they are trying to sell more season tickets between the 20's and I am sure they are hoping that the season ticket holders in the end zone will now move to a preferred seating area with the significant drop in price they set forth today.

You will not find another P5 program with seven home games selling season tickets ranging from $125 to $500.

I wouldn't say they are punishing anyone. This is fixing a recurring issue.

People won't pay for a football season ticket now.

20k season ticket holders say otherwise. Possibly more now with the pricing changes. I guess we will have to let this play out and see.