Things are going very, very well. | Syracusefan.com

Things are going very, very well.

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
I feel like nearly everything I've wanted to see this team improve on since the early non conference games, has been improved or at least is being touched on.

CJ is taking better shots and playing better defense.

Tyler Ennis has undoubtedly made the biggest impact of any freshman, and any point guard thus far in 2014. I believed he has captured the hearts and confidence of the fan base after he helped lead us to a victory over Pitt.

Trevor Cooney. He won't be shooting 42-45% all year, it's just not likely. However, he is exactly what we need him to be. He's a perimeter player that demands at least a man on him at all times. He can create his own shot. hope he starts realizing that he is a good enough athlete where he is not limited to the 3 ball. If he has no shot, he's athletic enough to drive and move the ball to get teammates around him open. Also, thank Trevor for bring transition back, I missed it.

Jerami Grant. Kid just gets better and better. Still occasionally gets the ball and dribbles into the abyss, but he is improving. Seems like he's gaining confidence in his mid range jumper as well. He really does remind me of a more promising version of Hak. We need him to keep building his confidence, this kid could bend March Madness over and tear it up.

Rak. I haven't the words. Despite all the criticism and flak fans have given him, he's hung tough. He's developing a very, very smooth offensive approach in the post. His free throw shooting... my god we have a big that can nearly shoot 75% from the line. His rebounding and defense are very solid. He's a huge shot blocker and serviceable passer. When I see Rak, Jerami and CJ in at the same time, I'm confident.

BMK. Not getting the minutes he used to, but he's still playing solid defense. Many of his blocks get attributed to other players. He's still a non existent threat on offense, however in the off chance he gets fouled he shoots well from the strike. Now more than ever though we need BMK to step up even more as a vocal and senior leader.

Silent G. You can see he's gaining confidence. He's starting to shoot the ball more, and I like it. He's slowly becoming another quality perimeter threat. I LOVED how he came across the middle and went up/got fouled on that play against Pitt. I think his ball handling is improving dramatically. At times he still looks uncomfortable, but hey if a 3 to 1 assist to t/o ratio is uncomfortable...I'll take it. Above all else his defense and hustle has been invaluable.

Roberson. Just taking his minutes where he can and is slowly reassuring our fans that one year, maybe next..this kid is going to be special.

Bj and Buss. Hang in there boys. Enjoy the ride.

DCII. Get healthy.

But we are a half court team. It is so boring! Recruits won't like it. We are A very very good half court team. Great execution yesterday.

SU certainly has the horses to fast break anytime they want as opportunity arises. We've seen some monster dunks both in the half court and in transition. What a concept - great half court team now, plus still able to run the ball up and down the court.

The players who have ran transition the best this year have been Jerami Grant, Trevor Cooney and Michael Gbinije.

I wonder how much confidence Gbinije would have gained if he didn't miss that transition dunk a couple weeks ago.

Can anyone believe we are even HAVING this conversation?? We are the luckiest fans in the world right now, riding high! We have always worried about our half court game. Ennis gives us that.

We are talking on Jan. 19th of being the #1 overall seed, possibly!

I am not worried about losing games now. I believe we will lose, but I don't think it will mean what it has meant in the past: that we were posers, not as good as our good start would have one believe. Here is what seems absolutely true, even if we lose 4 more games down the stretch: we are one of the best teams in America. A loss will not shake my confidence in that.

BMK. Not getting the minutes he used to, but he's still playing solid defense. Many of his blocks get attributed to other players. He's still a non existent threat on offense, however in the off chance he gets fouled he shoots well from the strike. Now more than ever though we need BMK to step up even more as a vocal and senior leader.
I love Baye. He is the heart and hustle of this team. I just wish he could grow a pair of hands. It would be scary to think how good we could be if he were any kind of offensive option.

I love Baye. He is the heart and hustle of this team. I just wish he could grow a pair of hands. It would be scary to think how good we could be if he were any kind of offensive option.

I'd just like for him, besides growing hands, to become an offensive rebounding presence. He'll never be a scorer or an option to pass to. But If he could just tip the ball back out or grab a board and get it back to the corner or key, that'd be great.

I'd just like for him, besides growing hands, to become an offensive rebounding presence. He'll never be a scorer or an option to pass to. But If he could just tip the ball back out or grab a board and get it back to the corner or key, that'd be great.
Usually I notice the only time he scores is when he gets an offensive rebound this year. He just lays it quick off the glass or does a quick baby hook when he's 1 on 1. If they crowd him, he just kicks the ball back out every time.

I love where we are at right now! I think we are finally see Rak become the big man we need him to be. Imagine if he becomes a consistent post player, along with our guard play of Ennis, Cooney, and G. If Cooney can remain a threat from outside, Ennis develops more than he already has, we are in a midst of a special season. Grant and Fair are doing their things, but folks, we have to realize our true potential has yet to happen! GO ORANGE!!

Two sights for sore eyes: JG's spin move and RC's sky hook.
Someone was asking me the other day why hooks aren't used more often. I thought maybe they're not high percentage shots but am not sure. Looks like a great development for Rak, tho.

Someone was asking me the other day why hooks aren't used more often. I thought maybe they're not high percentage shots but am not sure. Looks like a great development for Rak, tho.

The guys who need hooks (usually centers) have to start learning them early, at least in high school. Problem is when they're 6'9"+ in high school they are guarded by guys who are 6 feet and they just dunk over them. So the skill is never needed or picked up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom