Things I don't understand | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Things I don't understand

All the injuries are on defense.

Almost- GS is clearly a wreck and for as goofy as it sounds losing Rhino hurts.

As far as defense goes we're losing the field position game and cannot get the other guys off the field.

Answer: Too many injuries - not enough depth.
The offense cannot collapse because of injuries to 1 or 2 players. That’s on Dino. They need to have capable backups that can step in. Look at NCSt. They are struggling a bit without Leary but they’re still winning some games… even beat FSU! It’s nothing near as bad as the white flag Dino is waving.

Except for Shrader. And it’s clear that once he can’t run, our O is finished.
It's not even just that he couldn't run, he couldn't pass!

How do you not make a change?!?!?!?!?!

Was he magically going to get better in the middle of the game after having some fat guys smack him around?

Was he magically going to get better in the middle of the game after having some fat guys smack him around?

Yeah, it was clear immediately that GS had limited mobility.

And as a dual-threat QB who relies on his running to set up his passing, he’s less than useless in the pocket without that threat.

IF we’re gonna use a pocket passer, then let’s roll with Captain Morgan.

IF we’re going dual-threat, then it’s CDRW, unless and until GS is back to at least 90% or better.

And as a dual-threat QB who relies on his running to set up his passing, he’s less than useless in the pocket without that threat.

IF we’re going dual-threat, then it’s CDRW, unless and until GS is back to at least 90% or better.
I cannot fathom how he stayed in the game when he was shot putting rainbows to the sideline. Multiple times!

Or maybe we pull him after the 4th 3 and out.

I don't know. That sounds generous to me!

Except for Shrader. And it’s clear that once he can’t run, our O is finished.

IMO, If Shrader is OK to play then he’s OK to win games. I’m done with the banged up excuses. Develop the back ups. Dozens of quarterbacks play banged up all the time. But you know if he didn’t call his number every darn play earlier in the season (i’d have to go look but there’s games this year he had near 20 carries) maybe he wouldn’t be so banged up.

It’s also completely inexcusable how many snaps he took this year that back ups could have taken

We also have to keep in mind that he was so limited as a passer (the drum I banged on) and now he’s been completely exposed. I’m more disappointed though that the staff has not adjusted to defensesis taking away everything we do.

The offense cannot collapse because of injuries to 1 or 2 players. That’s on Dino. They need to have capable backups that can step in. Look at NCSt. They are struggling a bit without Leary but they’re still winning some games… even beat FSU! It’s nothing near as bad as the white flag Dino is waving.
I was absolutely disgusted by the failure to call timeouts at the end of last night’s game. Yeah, having failed to score any tds in the last eight quarters we don’t need any reps in the red zone.
I thought of Dino’s clock mismanagement at the end of the UVa game, which almost cost us that win.

Maybe CDRW was academically ineligible and they felt a Shrader at 20% was better than captain Morgan.

Shrader not only couldn’t run, he couldn’t plant to throw.

To keep him in was either an egregiously bad call by the coaches or CDRW wasn’t available.

[edit: I’m an idiot. He played late. Ya. Shrader just should not have played]

Last edited:
Why. Because Dino continues to do the same thing, continues to make the same mistakes. He plays kids that are not even close to full speed. When we get behind his stare becomes PTSD bad. He doesn't know how to make half time adjustments. Thank God Dino was never a first lieutenant in war time. His lack of decision-making skills under pressure is after all of these years' crystal clear. Why, because he isn't good under pressure and is slow to make any changes.

Why. Because Dino continues to do the same thing, continues to make the same mistakes. He plays kids that are not even close to full speed. When we get behind his stare becomes PTSD bad. He doesn't know how to make half time adjustments. Thank God Dino was never a first lieutenant in war time. His lack of decision-making skills under pressure is after all of these years' crystal clear. Why, because he isn't good under pressure and is slow to make any changes.
He comes from a military family, dammit. Not sure if you caught that the 8000 times he mentions it in between Ohana, La Familia and movie references

Ugh sorry. I got fog brain.

Ya. Then he should have just started. To be fair, I also turned the game off before CDRW came in. I’ll go sit in the corner now.
Nah Mike, you're good. You're trying to find rational explanations for completely irrational decisions made by the staff.

I was fine with them giving Shrader the start. But at a certain point they had to pull the plug. And they pretty much refused.

When FSU had 38 points, and Garret had 38 yards? It seemed pretty clear that he needed more time to heal. (If it hadn't already been obvious for 3Qs.) Maybe I'm a crazy person?

Dabo sat DJ during our Clemson game, because it wasnt his day. Seemed reasonable. But again, I'm a crazy person.

Just sad that it was clear GS wasn’t fully healthy

Why he was still in there deep in the 3rd quarter when the game was out of hand was absolutely mind blowing

This guy asks the fans to constantly show up yet half of the games him and his team don’t show up.

He’s lost the fan base from what I can tell and I don’t think he can pull a rabbit out of the hat to fix this.

I’m angry I’m spending the time and money to go to Wake Forest to watch this team get kicked around. I did it twice last season with Louisville and NC State…

Why he was still in there deep in the 3rd quarter when the game was out of hand was absolutely mind blowing

This guy asks the fans to constantly show up yet half of the games him and his team don’t show up.

He’s lost the fan base from what I can tell and I don’t think he can pull a rabbit out of the hat to fix this.

I’m angry I’m spending the time and money to go to Wake Forest to watch this team get kicked around. I did it twice last season with Louisville and NC State…
Same feeling with my trip and the money spent for Notre Dame and Fl. St. Although I set up that 91 birthday thing for Notre dame game, and also saw 3 basketball games. But wish I could have the money spent back as the football was not good at all.

Same feeling with my trip and the money spent for Notre Dame and Fl. St. Although I set up that 91 birthday thing for Notre dame game, and also saw 3 basketball games. But wish I could have the money spent back as the football was not good at all.

Wait, your 91?

As a fan, you can only get kicked in the teeth so much before walking away and not forking over your $ for support and tix. I'm thinking Wildhack might get the message starting with eating a ton of bowl tix. Who wants to support this team in a bowl in a free fall? There are a lot of things competing for your discretionary entertainment $ and who wants to spend it on a product like this that consistently disappoints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom