Things i'm hearing... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Things i'm hearing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame him for leaving. He was 6th in scoring in the ACC and fans thought he was the worst player in the league, zero support. Probably lands in the Big East, close to home, makes a run in the tournament while Syracuse is fighting to get to Wednesday of the ACC tournament next year

3 years of playing PG next to Buddy did him zero favors. Him and Mintz didn't click.

Hes excellent and extremely efficient against lesser competition and a mixed bag against top teams. He owes Syracuse nothing. Big East team with other older players sounds about right.

NBA isn't entirely realistic but hes not far off the G League. Not much he can do here to improve his pro stock and get into a better Euro league. Going somewhere else and hitting over 40% from 3 would be his best option.

Question is can Autry get an equal player to transfer in.

3 years of playing PG next to Buddy did him zero favors. Him and Mintz didn't click.

Hes excellent and extremely efficient against lesser competition and a mixed bag against top teams. He owes Syracuse nothing. Big East team with other older players sounds about right.

NBA isn't entirely realistic but hes not far off the G League. Not much he can do here to improve his pro stock and get into a better Euro league. Going somewhere else and hitting over 40% from 3 would be his best option.

Question is can Autry get an equal player to transfer in.
It’s not the offensive side I’m worried about….mostly. Especially as a 2.

But man, he can’t do it on defense. Not for long, anyways.

Let him play Trevor Cooney’s minutes in 2013, and we probably win it all.

But he just can’t do enough to be a prominent guy on a good team at this level. Nothing wrong with that, he’s a good player. But we’ve seen an awful lot of him for 4 years to know what he can and can’t do.

It’s not the offensive side I’m worried about….mostly. Especially as a 2.

But man, he can’t do it on defense. Not for long, anyways.

Let him play Trevor Cooney’s minutes in 2013, and we probably win it all.

But he just can’t do enough to be a prominent guy on a good team at this level. Nothing wrong with that, he’s a good player. But we’ve seen an awful lot of him for 4 years to know what he can and can’t do.

Yeah.. he will get put into screening action all day long much like we did to less athletic smaller guards over the years.. that's just the start..

Yeah.. he will get put into screening action all day long much like we did to less athletic smaller guards over the years.. that's just the start..
Remember when MCW and Triche took turns taking that 6 ft Indiana PG to the hoop whenever they had the chance? I want to be back on the other side of that.

In all seriousness, and I've suggested this before... I think Joe should use the covid year to play another season at an elite academic institution in a new area. He'd likely have an incredible final year while setting himself up well for life after his playing days are finished. Patriot League, NEC, MAAC, WCC, even Stanford if it's an option.

Seems like the kid bleeds orange and will be a great ambassador for the university and upstate NY moving forward.

In all seriousness, and I've suggested this before... I think Joe should use the covid year to play another season at an elite academic institution in a new area. He'd likely have an incredible final year while setting himself up well for life after his playing days are finished. Patriot League, NEC, MAAC, WCC, even Stanford if it's an option.

Seems like the kid bleeds orange and will be a great ambassador for the university and upstate NY moving forward.
Finishing his masters at Newhouse is a better option than anything you posted.

Nonsense. This post.
Nonsense eh. This team is well under .500 without Joe. For some reason this board thinks were a final 4 team without him. Like i said before this is easily a bottom 2-3 team in the ACC next year with an o/u on overall wins set at 12.5

Nonsense eh. This team is well under .500 without Joe. For some reason this board thinks were a final 4 team without him. Like i said before this is easily a bottom 2-3 team in the ACC next year with an o/u on overall wins set at 12.5
I see you have a lot of confidence in Autry already.

We have no idea what the roster is going to look like next year, so setting an o/u is impossible. Joe was an integral part of this team. But, if we are going to play M2M defense and play fast, Joe would have to play less minutes. One would think nobody would play over 30, if we play up tempo. Would he accept a reduced role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom