Think we saw our 8 tonight | Syracusefan.com

Think we saw our 8 tonight

jdubs30

Living Legend
No surprises really, but it appears those are the 8 players JB will go with once we get into ACC play. I suspect Roberson might get some time; but I don't think we see BJ or Patterson very much come January.

Well if DC2 continues to rampage I think we get this group.

Ennis, Cooney, MikeG
CJ, Grant little bit of Roberson (until he breaks out and benches one of then bigs)
DC2, Rak, Baye (you could count these as 1.5 dudes though.)

No surprises really, but it appears those are the 8 players JB will go with once we get into ACC play. I suspect Roberson might get some time; but I don't think we see BJ or Patterson very much come January.[/quot

I said the same thing in the No Freshman thread. I'm not sold on Roberson getting meaningful minutes. I love the guy; I saw him play in high school, but he needs to dial down his motor. He's been playing way too fast.

No surprises really, but it appears those are the 8 players JB will go with once we get into ACC play. I suspect Roberson might get some time; but I don't think we see BJ or Patterson very much come January.
I think you could tell who the 8 were going to be after the Carleton game. Johnson and Patterson barely played.

Agreed. Not the least bit surprised. JB is going to go 7/8 deep every year. It doesn't matter how talented the 11 or 12 scholarship players are, he's going to play his 7/8 best players a lot of minutes & the others will have to wait their turn. As a coach, you play the guys that give you the best chance to win. Outside of foul trouble and/or injury, there's really no reason to go beyond those 8.

As most of you know, I'm a huge JB fan but don't agree with everything he does. With the players we have, I'd love to see him play 10-11 while sending in waves of subs and pressing the entire game. But then, I'm also glad he's the HC and I'm the observer...

Yes 8 deep in tight games and what's more, there is a chance JB will lose interest in one of the 3 centers IMO, that would bring it down to 7...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom