Thinking about going to my first home game this season. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thinking about going to my first home game this season.

Season tickets are definitely enticing but I work overnights on Fridays and Saturdays so will have to take time off to go to a game, which is why it will most likely be a one game a year type of thing. Great suggestion though guys otherwise.
There is something special about a Friday night game in the Dome, especially when SU is decent. The aura and vibe in the building is just different on a Friday night. I would guess that will be magnified even more given the upgrades to the Dome, the year away for fans, and the fact that it is freakin Clemson (and all their talent and their 300 support staff).

Especially since you've never been to the Dome, Clemson on a Friday night is a great choice. BTW, there is a reason why those tickets are more expensive.

Last edited:
If your wife is indifferent to watching football, then she needs to be sold on atmosphere. Clemson will give her that false sense of "Wow, this is what a home game atmosphere at Syracuse is?" It may be enough to keep her coming back for more. This is how I tricked my nephew into becoming a Cuse football fan. He was mildly interested in college football. I took him to the home Louisville game in out 10-3 year, and he fell in love with the atmosphere, and the big plays. I got him hooked. Following clunkers of a season, he's now mad at me for getting him hooked.
I think the Fine tailgate before the game would be fun for them no matter which game, what seats, or how the team plays. The tailgate is always good and more social than the game itself. Clemson will be the most intense but tickets for the other games will likely be more available at the tailgate, or via the ticket exchange thread. The tailgate coordinators have become professionals over the years and provide everything. They put on a great party. I'm ready...

I think the Fine tailgate before the game would be fun for them no matter which game, what seats, or how the team plays. The tailgate is always good and more social than the game itself. Clemson will be the most intense but tickets for the other games will likely be more available at the tailgate, or via the ticket exchange thread. The tailgate coordinators have become professionals over the years and provide everything. They put on a great party. I'm ready...
The JeremyCuse rants after losses in the parking lot are very underrated. He had so much material ready in 2018 and 2020 that was never delivered.

Skip Clemson. If I get to one game a year and we lose ugly it sucks. The whole second half is depressing.

I always try to target a solid opponent that we have a good chance of beating. Usually.means a competitive game with a happy ending.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm going to Rutgers this year FWIW

Skip Clemson. If I get to one game a year and we lose ugly it sucks. The whole second half is depressing.

I always try to target a solid opponent that we have a good chance of beating. Usually.means a competitive game with a happy ending.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm going to Rutgers this year FWIW
I agree. Go to a game where tickets are more plentiful. I think we'll have a very good gate for Rutgers being the first game back and I expect ticket prices will be firm but shouldn't fetch a premium. Albany environment will be kinda stale but you should be able to score tickets for about $10 each. Personally, I'd go to either Rutgers or Albany...get a feel for it.

Ofcourse, I think the best action is to get seasons this year. With Notre Dame coming next year and Clemson this year you have two games that you could sell those tickets for a premium to help drive the cost down on the other 5-6 games to near nothing. That said, maybe you go to Clemson this year and see a sold out Dome with your season tickets.

My 2 cents: I wouldn't go out and pay a premium for Clemson this year as your one game if you decide against season tickets. I think that'll be a huge gamble and could turn your wife off on going to games.

Last edited:
Think GBO is being a bit sarcastic, and referencing the last time we played them on a Friday night...we won.
I'm not really being sarcastic. New QB and RB on the road on a Friday...crazier things have happened.

GBO likes to humor us.
200.gif

I'm not really being sarcastic. New QB and RB on the road on a Friday...crazier things have happened.
Kinda new QB who was a 5 star guy

This team has some grown men. I expect SU is going to give everyone a good game. We wont get pushed around this year.

We’ve decided on the 10/9 vs Wake Forrest game, thanks everyone for their thoughts. This will be an affordable game and I think we have a good chance of winning. Really excited for it.
Spend it all on nachos grande double cheese extra jalapeños. Trust me. Worth it

Spend it all on nachos grande double cheese extra jalapeños. Trust me. Worth it
Yes! Always double cheese! I can't tell you how many times i've drunk scolded some naive soul crossing over my legs to get back to their seat with one cheese and one...salsa! Eieww

Yes! Always double cheese! I can't tell you how many times i've drunk scolded some naive soul crossing over my legs to get back to their seat with one cheese and one...salsa! Eieww
Great Taste vs Less Filling was never decided. And still isn't as the Double-Cheese...tastes great. One of each...less filling. Stop acting like you won the war. Winter is coming.....and salsa is hot!

We’ve decided on the 10/9 vs Wake Forrest game, thanks everyone for their thoughts. This will be an affordable game and I think we have a good chance of winning. Really excited for it.
I went to a game from my parent’s house on Saratoga Lake. Easy drive, all highway. You are going to have a great time.

I’m in Ballston just next to Clifton Park (Saratoga County). Syracuse is 2 hours away so not too bad. A fun road trip really.

I’m south of you and did the 2 hr drive to games with the wife until we had a kid. I guess I didn’t technically have a kid but whatever.

The 2 hrs isn’t bad actually, especially the drive to the game is nothing. Depending on game time and result of the game, the drive home can be a mixed bag. But even if you miss a game or 2 you can’t beat the price of season tix.

Half of what I wrote isn’t valid once I posted this. If you read this far, bless you.

If she loves you, she will see the teary-eyed excitement in your eyes when your team runs out of that tunnel, through the smoke to take the field, no matter who the opponent may be. And she will be hooked because she will see how much it means to you.

If she doesn’t, dump the *****!

Great Taste vs Less Filling was never decided. And still isn't as the Double-Cheese...tastes great. One of each...less filling. Stop acting like you won the war. Winter is coming...and salsa is hot!
When my wife, every so often, makes the mistake of getting half salsa, I make her position the nacho tray with the salsa in front of her and the cheese in front of me. Then when she has the gall to reach a chip across towards the cheese I SLAP it!
I remember her blurting out two years ago after a hand slap “there are people watching!” I politely responded “honey, double cheese will solve this problem”. We’ll see how it goes for Rutgers next week.

I live just north of you in Saratoga Springs. You will have a good time. Wake should be a good game. I told my wife we should have just bought season tickets as of right now we are going to the Rutgers, Liberty, and BC games and very likely to the Wake and Clemson games. Season tickets would have been cheaper in the end LOL.

having made the 1 day drip to the track dozens of times over the yrs a 1 day trip to the game is much easier.

its like su fans going to a bills game lots do that as well.

I agree. Go to a game where tickets are more plentiful. I think we'll have a very good gate for Rutgers being the first game back and I expect ticket prices will be firm but shouldn't fetch a premium. Albany environment will be kinda stale but you should be able to score tickets for about $10 each. Personally, I'd go to either Rutgers or Albany...get a feel for it.

Ofcourse, I think the best action is to get seasons this year. With Notre Dame coming next year and Clemson this year you have two games that you could sell those tickets for a premium to help drive the cost down on the other 5-6 games to near nothing. That said, maybe you go to Clemson this year and see a sold out Dome with your season tickets.

My 2 cents: I wouldn't go out and pay a premium for Clemson this year as your one game if you decide against season tickets. I think that'll be a huge gamble and could turn your wife off on going to games.
After reading your post, I was in agreement. That's the practical and safe way to spark a fire. But then I thought of the 2017 victory over #2 Clemson, in the Dome, and dug up the articles after the game.

It occurred to me, after watching Dino's QA with the press, there must be guys that are still around that played in that game. I know Airon Servais was one, because he's mentioned in the article. I'd be willing to bet that Josh Black was on that team, also. The point is that the older guys pass on the drama to the younger guys... and that's what makes College football so exciting! Sometimes it happens and gives you a memory for a lifetime. That's why they play the game.

I think 10% chance is selling them cheap. I believe they will play them close in the first half, if from nothing else, the adrenaline rush. And just think the unthinkable, twice in 4 years? Hell, in 2018 we almost beat them on their home field again! I prefer to be optimistic. Just the atmosphere is worth it! So take my advice, take down your pants and slide on the ice. Go with Clemson.

Last edited:
You guys are missing out… I love some nacho cheese as much as anyone… but a little salsa and penos to start, turning up the heat, makes for a sweet transition to the queso. Also, increasing the cheese to chip ratio strategy towards the end of the tray is legit. that last covered in cheese full chip, man, perfection.

Not only that, but a little cheesy salsa mixture can do some things too…

Call me a traditionalist, I’m a fan of the classic variety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom