Thirty five years ago | Syracusefan.com

Thirty five years ago

I was sitting in section 312. Unbelievable scene. The best part was Pearl just running straight to the locker room.

Funny story - my sweet mom, no real sports fan, saw the shot on the newscast and called me up that night so excited talking about Pearl’s shot. The very next night - I think it was a Monday she called again and said ‘I didn’t think you’d answer because you’d be watching the game but turn on the tv fast, that Pearl did it again. What a player, I don’t blame you for loving watching this team.’ Poor mom was watching the replay of the SU-BC game and thought he’d done it two games two nights in a row. Lots of laughs about that. 35 years ago - wow.

I was living/working in MD at the time. Would come home for several games each year but this wasn’t one of them.

My best friend down there was from Boston and was a huge BC fan. We watched the game at his apartment while drinking 16oz buds and eating pizza.

We went at each other the whole game. I was sitting in a chair and he on the couch. As the shot went up we both simultaneously stood up. When it went in, I started jumping up and down screaming...YES, YES, YES. My friend literally just fell face first onto the floor wimpering like a baby.

Good times.

I was sitting in section 312. Unbelievable scene. The best part was Pearl just running straight to the locker room.

Funny story - my sweet mom, no real sports fan, saw the shot on the newscast and called me up that night so excited talking about Pearl’s shot. The very next night - I think it was a Monday she called again and said ‘I didn’t think you’d answer because you’d be watching the game but turn on the tv fast, that Pearl did it again. What a player, I don’t blame you for loving watching this team.’ Poor mom was watching the replay of the SU-BC game and thought he’d done it two games two nights in a row. Lots of laughs about that. 35 years ago - wow.

He didn't? Damn...all these years...its like finding out there is no Santa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom