This board is embarrassing | Syracusefan.com

This board is embarrassing

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
Trashing a four year starter and an iconic coach is really good for this program.(sarcastic) If this team makes a run the rest of the season, ihope the people trashing boeheim and Triche don't come out of the woodwork to congratulate them if they are successful in the future. You dig your hole with your posts now, lay in it later.

Totally agree. We all know of the recent struggles but they did come again Georgetown, Marquette and Louisville. What if we had been crushed like Michigan (Penn State) and Kansas (TCU) against clearly weak opponents? LOL

I agree some people may have been too hard on Brandon, but I don't see anything wrong with saying Brandon played terribly on Saturday. If he plays great in the tournament, then I'll say he played great then.

some people look at everything as all or nothing. Most that are critical of JB are focusing on some gameplan and substitutions patterns. if that isnt fair game why do we watch. I agree some are a bit over the top, but i would say it is the minority.

A case of shock & disappointment, compared to high expectations.

Brandon had some strong games earlier; people expected he would rise to the occasion, when it was his turn to close out games.

Doesn't help to pile on --

I have no problem with criticism, but there is no doubt it has become beyond personal with some posters and those two. There's certain people who should have their fan card revoked as far as I am concerned.

I'm not sure that many people are trashing BT. We expected more from a four year starter. Nobody is hoping he does bad and I'm certain every SU fan would love to see him get hot and carry us to a FF.

Criticism isn't necessarily trashing. We have frustrated fans on a message board. Don't make it more than it is.

If BT comes out of his funk I'm ok with anyone who wants to cheer for him.

I can only say that when I was playing sports, I'm glad I didn't have the kind of "fans" that I've seen on this board in the past week. Maybe I'm showing my age when I say this, but years ago whether high school or college, you supported your team no matter what. In fact, if someone had a bad game, you even empathized with them.
Suffice it to say that many of the comments this week were beyond decency.

And blindly supporting the program is a much better solution, just ask Penn St fans.

No but I had to use hyperbole to make a point. We get this thread every other day and the "good fans" all like each other's posts and pretend like everything is great and even if it's not that's ok because we've been a pretty good team for the last 30 years. Pointing out flaws in Boeheim's coaching is especially forbidden for some odd reason. It's maddening. I'm here to discuss basketball as I assume a lot of you are as well. Discussing basketball involves more than "well he has 900 wins so he must be right." I want to learn more about the game and why teams do certain things or coaches play certain rotations, etc. When you get an answer of "well that's just the way he does it" it is extremely frustrating and rather stupid in all honesty.

No but I had to use hyperbole to make a point. We get this thread every other day and the "good fans" all like each other's posts and pretend like everything is great and even if it's not that's ok because we've been a pretty good team for the last 30 years. Pointing out flaws in Boeheim's coaching is especially forbidden for some odd reason. It's maddening. I'm here to discuss basketball as I assume a lot of you are as well. Discussing basketball involves more than "well he has 900 wins so he must be right." I want to learn more about the game and why teams do certain things or coaches play certain rotations, etc. When you get an answer of "well that's just the way he does it" it is extremely frustrating and rather stupid in all honesty.

Hyperbole tends to invalidate a point rather than fortify it. That said, i agree completely with the rest of this post.

No issues with critique, of player or coach, but decency and perspective ought to be the consideration. But, like everything else, you have to self-edit. Edit what you write and edit what you read and consider. This is a forum, to discuss the game and the team. It ceases to be of interest when it's all pollyanna-ish material, and it ceases to be fun when it's all gloom. But, everyone has their own idea of where the (happy) medium should be. Understand that everyone's viewing through a different tint of orange, and it's all good.

We're all on the same team, regardless of how we perceive all the components.

Criticism of JB isn't forbidden.

It's just scoffed at. It's ridiculed for good reason.

Trashing a four year starter and an iconic coach is really good for this program.(sarcastic) If this team makes a run the rest of the season, ihope the people trashing boeheim and Triche don't come out of the woodwork to congratulate them if they are successful in the future. You dig your hole with your posts now, lay in it later.
Everyone hopes they're successful in the future. They sure haven't been the last few games

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You obviously have not partaken of the kool-aid...drink up now. ;)

images.jpg

I'm one of those people that blindly support JB. But while blindly supporting him, I silently question what he does now and then (in fact you might say quite often). It's not criticism of JB that concerns me though, as I think he is a big boy and can handle it. Excessive criticism of players however is never good because believe it or not some of the players read this board from time to time. I think most college level players are giving %100 every single game so I see no reason on earth to trash a player the way BT has been trashed this week. Like JB has said, "the trading deadline has passed"..

Agreed. Critiquing performance is incombant on this and other message boards like this. The difference is when it becomes more than a critique and gets personal. There is no place for that anywhere. You'll find that those that get personal are the ones that don't function well in society either. Just my opinion. Go SU!

C'mon man! like the "bad" fans don't like each others posts? The reason you don't like it when people refer to his 900 wins is: The truth hurts..
Really, Skury finds it odd that people react negatively when he points out flaws in Boeheim's coaching...

It's 2013.

Social media is everywhere. Specialized forums like these are everywhere. People post things when their emotions are high and talk smack behind a computer screen. Right or wrong, it's the life with live in.

I'll absolutely never understand posts like the OP made. These are more obnoxious than the ones you claim to hate.

Criticism of JB isn't forbidden.

It's just scoffed at. It's ridiculed for good reason.

Coming from the guy who's only response to people questioning JB is 913 wins. No offense, but its a forum. As much as I come here to cheer and support the team, I also come here to vent because I live in a house with a bunch of friends who couldn't care less about Syracuse basketball. Does that make me less of a fan or do I deserve to lose my "fan" card because sometimes I question the way we play? Iv watched every game for the past 23 years, Iv played basketball for the past twenty years. Do I know as much as JB, Hell no and I will never say I do. But when I see something I dont like I'm going to question it or criticize it. There are a lot of examples to choose from but I will pick one and post one in a separate thread. One example is when JB played slow down against Butler in the last 3 minutes two years ago. The whole second half JB was trying speed the game up. He said it during the halftime break and continually waved and motioned his arms on rebounds and inbounds to push the ball quickly. The first half was played entirely too slow and JB knew we had to play faster to rattle Butler. We take our biggest lead of the game (4 points) with roughly 3 minutes left and have all of the momentum. It feels like for the first time all day that we have Butler right where we want them. Then unexpectedly, JB goes to the slow down and plays the exact game Butler played in the first half. What happened? We couldn't execute in the half court, didn't score, and blew the lead. So because he has won 913 games, am I not allowed to be annoyed or frustrated that JB stopped doing what got us the lead and proceeded to play Butlers game? Do some people take there anger too far sometimes? Yes, maybe, but others cant bear to hear anything negative about Syracuse or the Coach. We all have bad days, but that doesnt mean they should be excused. Just because someone has something negative to say doesnt make them any less of a fan than someone else.

Agree social media is everywhere but when you go on a Syracuse Basketball forum and insinuate you know more than Jim Boeheim, expect to draw a reaction. Constructive criticism is fine, destructive piling on of coach and players not so much. And I never said anything about hate.

you must understand the site. this is therapy for fans without having to pay someone alot of money to vent thier feelings. i know as many do here to take what people say with a grain of salt. like many here my wife diesnt give a if triche scored 30 or had 20 turnovers. we may not mean what we say we just need a responce or a lending ear.

you must understand the site. this is therapy for fans without having to pay someone alot of money to vent thier feelings. i know as many do here to take what people say with a grain of salt. like many here my wife diesnt give a if triche scored 30 or had 20 turnovers. we may not mean what we say we just need a responce or a lending ear.

Well put, just to be sure.. Do I also have the right to my opinion? Or is this site only for "vent" purposes?