This board is embarrassing | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

This board is embarrassing

We're fans.
We praise people when things go well.
And we trash them when things go badly.
In fact, we may even complain when we win.

That's the game.

It doesn't mean Boeheim isn't a HOF coach.
It doesn't mean Brandon Triche or anyone else is an awful player.
It doesn't mean we're bad fans.

It means we're not playing well now and someone has to take the blame.
And it's not us.
We're just fans.

Therein lies the problem.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Bees, I'm begging you. Talk to the other mods and tack a "forum guidelines, rules and conditions thread" at the top of each forum.

I vent just as much as the next person after frustrating losses, but I think it would be really good for the Mods to make it publicly clear to EVERYONE where they stand on such issues as "the line between venting and trashing", and other issues, etc.

It's hard to know when you're crossing the line when the line's not always made clear...or public.

Just my $.02

Bees, I'm begging you. Talk to the other mods and tack a "forum guidelines, rules and conditions thread" at the top of each forum.

I vent just as much as the next person after frustrating losses, but I think it would be really good for the Mods to make it publicly clear to EVERYONE where they stand on such issues as "the line between venting and trashing", and other issues, etc.

It's hard to know when you're crossing the line when the line's not always made clear...or public.

Just my $.02

I am currently working on that. At one time, something like that wasn't needed.

I am currently working on that. At one time, something like that wasn't needed.

I hear you. Therein lies the rub. If you're moderating a forum and it gets to that point, I feel that's not such a bad thing, no? It means that you're getting a lot of people on the site, and more traffic is better than less traffic, right?

When you let more inmates into the jail, even more reason to make the rules even clearer!

I hear you. Therein lies the rub. If you're moderating a forum and it gets to that point, I feel that's not such a bad thing, no? It means that you're getting a lot of people on the site, and more traffic is better than less traffic, right?

When you let more inmates into the jail, even more reason to make the rules even clearer!

Honestly there shouldn't be a need for rules explaining the difference between critiquing and trashing. Whether it be a player, coach or another poster and their post.

But you're right. If the inmates think they're running the asylum, I guess they are needed. At least for 80 of the 2,000 registered users.

Honestly there shouldn't be a need for rules explaining the difference between critiquing and trashing. Whether it be a player, coach or another poster and their post.

But you're right. If the inmates think they're running the asylum, I guess they are needed. At least for 80 of the 2,000 registered users.

"In his last three games, which all happen to be losses, Brandon Triche shot 10-34 from the field with 14 turnovers. I'm disappointed with Brandon's play as of late. He could be injured. I don't know, I'm not a doctor. But he's play pretty horribly in this three game losing streak."

Is this trashing or critiquing? Some will say the above post is trashing BT. I would say it's pointing out obvious facts.

"In his last three games, which all happen to be losses, Brandon Triche shot 10-34 from the field with 14 turnovers.

I'm disappointed as the next person with Brandon's play as of late. He could be injured. I don't know, I'm not a doctor. But he's play pretty horribly in this three game losing streak."

Is this trashing or critiquing? Some will say the above post is trashing BT. I would say it's pointing out obvious facts.

obvious facts.

I haven't been on the board since the weekend primarily due to all the negative posts and whining that has been going on for some time now. I starting reading and post on this forum for over 10 years and it amazes me what some people post. We are all disappointed when the team doesn't play well let's not act like we are 10!

This board needs to listen more to veterens like rlbees, marsh, swc, and cto.

Playing a zone defense scheme that is much better at transition then halfcourt scoring 84% of the time, and gets the worse unfair reffing advantage in the country when it comes to physical play(something that has to change) is rolling the dice. On top of that we only have 3 stud guards on a team each year because we only go three guards deep due to sitting back on d up top. Things like the above are really rolling the dice some years.

imo the problem with this team is it lacks the momentum killer instinct to go on runs. They have the tough look (especially on d) but not the intimidating one.

If you would have told me MCW would leave syraucuse as a 6'51/2 pg before he could perform 2-3 successfull jabsteps a game I wouldn't have believed you.

I am in the camp Its time to get a true BIG mane coach. We can cash out on offensive forwards and offensive guards to the NBA, but need to develop offensive bigs big time. We have 30,000 fans and should start a pipeline to pull that off. I am not in dissagreement with anything the staff is doing, I just think that could use some more momentum with its bigs. And a big man coach who understands that the 2-3 needs mobile PF's like Rick Jackson and Hakim Warrick. Rak reminds me alot of Paul Harris. Hes better as a anchor just like Paul Harris and Wes were sf anchors at rebounding near the basket more then being wing covererers and rebounders far out from the basket.

obvious facts.

For the record, feel free to tell me bluntly when I absolutely stink up the joint. I can take it...maybe. Probably. Eh...looking forward to the rules.