This board is embarrassing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This board is embarrassing

you must understand the site. this is therapy for fans without having to pay someone alot of money to vent thier feelings. i know as many do here to take what people say with a grain of salt. like many here my wife diesnt give a if triche scored 30 or had 20 turnovers. we may not mean what we say we just need a responce or a lending ear.
This site is our Dr. Leo Marvin

No but I had to use hyperbole to make a point. We get this thread every other day and the "good fans" all like each other's posts and pretend like everything is great and even if it's not that's ok because we've been a pretty good team for the last 30 years. Pointing out flaws in Boeheim's coaching is especially forbidden for some odd reason. It's maddening. I'm here to discuss basketball as I assume a lot of you are as well. Discussing basketball involves more than "well he has 900 wins so he must be right." I want to learn more about the game and why teams do certain things or coaches play certain rotations, etc. When you get an answer of "well that's just the way he does it" it is extremely frustrating and rather stupid in all honesty.
the thing to remember, when you want to learn basketball, there is a person that has won 900 games. has read a lot of books on the subject. Has gone to coaching seminars. Has talked hoops with the greatest basketball minds. He is the guy that you are knocking. Not the guys giving you likes who have hardly played the game after high school.

lol. sometimes this team makes me feel like bob wiley! but stone my man opinion away brother, i wont judge until i disagree jkjkjkjkjk lololl

I have no problem with criticism, but there is no doubt it has become beyond personal with some posters and those two. There's certain people who should have their fan card revoked as far as I am concerned.

those fans arent real fans.

dont let it bother you so much. and dont let the VERY FEW fans that say over the top things speak for the board as a whole.

that being said Boeheim and Triche are on my last nerve right now. So is MCW. and dont even get my started on Rak, Baye, and DC.

When do we get to death therapy then? I was close to death therapy with that in bounds pass on Saturday with 1:30 left.
Dr Marvin's house exploded that's what happened.

Coming from the guy who's only response to people questioning JB is 913 wins. No offense, but its a forum. As much as I come here to cheer and support the team, I also come here to vent because I live in a house with a bunch of friends who couldn't care less about Syracuse basketball. Does that make me less of a fan or do I deserve to lose my "fan" card because sometimes I question the way we play? Iv watched every game for the past 23 years, Iv played basketball for the past twenty years. Do I know as much as JB, Hell no and I will never say I do. But when I see something I dont like I'm going to question it or criticize it. There are a lot of examples to choose from but I will pick one and post one in a separate thread. One example is when JB played slow down against Butler in the last 3 minutes two years ago. The whole second half JB was trying speed the game up. He said it during the halftime break and continually waved and motioned his arms on rebounds and inbounds to push the ball quickly. The first half was played entirely too slow and JB knew we had to play faster to rattle Butler. We take our biggest lead of the game (4 points) with roughly 3 minutes left and have all of the momentum. It feels like for the first time all day that we have Butler right where we want them. Then unexpectedly, JB goes to the slow down and plays the exact game Butler played in the first half. What happened? We couldn't execute in the half court, didn't score, and blew the lead. So because he has won 913 games, am I not allowed to be annoyed or frustrated that JB stopped doing what got us the lead and proceeded to play Butlers game? Do some people take there anger too far sometimes? Yes, maybe, but others cant bear to hear anything negative about Syracuse or the Coach. We all have bad days, but that doesnt mean they should be excused. Just because someone has something negative to say doesnt make them any less of a fan than someone else.

Can this be pinned?

It's 2013.

Social media is everywhere. Specialized forums like these are everywhere. People post things when their emotions are high and talk smack behind a computer screen. Right or wrong, it's the life with live in.

I'll absolutely never understand posts like the OP made. These are more obnoxious than the ones you claim to hate.

Exactly. This is a message board where people share opinions. So now we can't be critical of players and coaches who are performing poorly on a message board? And people's "fandom" is questioned because some may be critical? This is about sports...criticism comes with the territory whether some of you like it or not.

Coming from the guy who's only response to people questioning JB is 913 wins. No offense, but its a forum. As much as I come here to cheer and support the team, I also come here to vent because I live in a house with a bunch of friends who couldn't care less about Syracuse basketball. Does that make me less of a fan or do I deserve to lose my "fan" card because sometimes I question the way we play? Iv watched every game for the past 23 years, Iv played basketball for the past twenty years. Do I know as much as JB, Hell no and I will never say I do. But when I see something I dont like I'm going to question it or criticize it. There are a lot of examples to choose from but I will pick one and post one in a separate thread. One example is when JB played slow down against Butler in the last 3 minutes two years ago. The whole second half JB was trying speed the game up. He said it during the halftime break and continually waved and motioned his arms on rebounds and inbounds to push the ball quickly. The first half was played entirely too slow and JB knew we had to play faster to rattle Butler. We take our biggest lead of the game (4 points) with roughly 3 minutes left and have all of the momentum. It feels like for the first time all day that we have Butler right where we want them. Then unexpectedly, JB goes to the slow down and plays the exact game Butler played in the first half. What happened? We couldn't execute in the half court, didn't score, and blew the lead. So because he has won 913 games, am I not allowed to be annoyed or frustrated that JB stopped doing what got us the lead and proceeded to play Butlers game? Do some people take there anger too far sometimes? Yes, maybe, but others cant bear to hear anything negative about Syracuse or the Coach. We all have bad days, but that doesnt mean they should be excused. Just because someone has something negative to say doesnt make them any less of a fan than someone else.

Nobody said you were less of a fan.

Here's my baseline. Nobody wants to win more than JB. Nobody on this forum. No alum of SU. No past or present resident of CNY. Nobody, period.

He's in a position to know a great deal. He knows who can do what on the floor. He knows who is tired. So when I read "Triche was obviously tired and should have been given a blow and Cooney should have been put in because he couldn't be any worse than Triche". My reaction is, how do they know how tired Triche is? Have they got aps on their I-phones that monitor Triche's heart rate? JB is on the bench. He can see how labored his breating is. He can look at his eyes and see how focused they are or are not.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion ... including those like myself who see JB as the expert and the credible source.

"913" is a short answer. But it contains a lot of information. It says, that in my opinion, JB is credible and this frustrated poster is not.

It's an embarrassing offensive product on the court right now. Not much gameplan on offense it seems or pieces to work with especially inside. It is what it is and we have every right to criticize, raise questions, whatever, especially with some substitution issues. It's a freaking message board. Frankly, I will view Boeheim as a genius if we can do well @ Georgetown, in the BET, and beyond with this bunch.

Exactly. This is a message board where people share opinions. So now we can't be critical of players and coaches who are performing poorly on a message board? And people's "fandom" is questioned because some may be critical? This is about sports...criticism comes with the territory whether some of you like it or not.

There's a difference in being critical versus some of the things that people say about the players on the team we all cheer for.

I can only say that when I was playing sports, I'm glad I didn't have the kind of "fans" that I've seen on this board in the past week. Maybe I'm showing my age when I say this, but years ago whether high school or college, you supported your team no matter what. In fact, if someone had a bad game, you even empathized with them.
Suffice it to say that many of the comments this week were beyond decency.

They were there, they just didn't have a medium like this for voicing their opinions.

Trashing a four year starter and an iconic coach is really good for this program.(sarcastic) If this team makes a run the rest of the season, ihope the people trashing boeheim and Triche don't come out of the woodwork to congratulate them if they are successful in the future. You dig your hole with your posts now, lay in it later.

I really hate all the "look at all you people" state-of-the-forum posts unless it is written by CTO.

This chat room is a digital imprint of the fandom people display at games, in their homes and in front of the TV. And it is therapy for many as well. Yes, we should all be more mindful. Yes, this forum is read by recruits, coaches, players and journalists. And yes, there is stuff written here that is over the top.

That said, your post of "post now, dig your whole later" is as idiotic as the stuff written you abhor in the beginning. Are you the Principal of the Forum now?

I won't lambaste you further on this for the mere truth that...you are a fan. I am a fan. We love this and, for better or worse, we take it very seriously. We all want the Ws and get frustrated by three straight losses and ugliness along the way.

So...happy Interneting all and hope the hole I dug with this post isn't too deep! Oh my!

They were there, they just didn't have a medium like this for voicing their opinions.
I'm going to differ with you. It's really more of a change in society as a whole where people today tend to care less about others feelings or how they conduct themselves in expressing their thoughts and opinions. It's quite evident in the way people express themselves on this forum both good and bad.

Chuck Norris threads to read.jpg

I'm going to differ with you. It's really more of a change in society as a whole where people today tend to care less about others feelings or how they conduct themselves in expressing their thoughts and opinions. It's quite evident in the way people express themselves on this forum both good and bad.
That sums it up pretty well, in my opinion.

Best part about this thread is that MCW has been getting killed for months on this board.

Immature
Weak minded
Selfish
Auditioning for the NBA
Some believe he is just bad to the core

Now the focus shifts to JB and BT and people are now starting to get up in arms. Hate to say it but this is just part of fan forums. I agree we should be constructive in our criticism, but the odds of that are highly unlikely with as many members as this board has.

the thing to remember, when you want to learn basketball, there is a person that has won 900 games. has read a lot of books on the subject. Has gone to coaching seminars. Has talked hoops with the greatest basketball minds. He is the guy that you are knocking. Not the guys giving you likes who have hardly played the game after high school.

So what?

None of those things necessarily invalidates any criticism of the coach.

God these are the most worthless threads. Otherwise reasonable people and insightful posters throw logic out the window.

Nobody said you were less of a fan.

Here's my baseline. Nobody wants to win more than JB. Nobody on this forum. No alum of SU. No past or present resident of CNY. Nobody, period.

He's in a position to know a great deal. He knows who can do what on the floor. He knows who is tired. So when I read "Triche was obviously tired and should have been given a blow and Cooney should have been put in because he couldn't be any worse than Triche". My reaction is, how do they know how tired Triche is? Have they got aps on their I-phones that monitor Triche's heart rate? JB is on the bench. He can see how labored his breating is. He can look at his eyes and see how focused they are or are not.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion ... including those like myself who see JB as the expert and the credible source.

"913" is a short answer. But it contains a lot of information. It says, that in my opinion, JB is credible and this frustrated poster is not.

Solid post, but honestly... 2 for 11 with 7 turnovers. There is nothing wrong with feeling that Brandon needed to sit for a long period of time. Players have bad games. Triche had a REAL bad game, maybe his worst... Peyton Siva sat for most the second half and he is their starting PG. its ok to sit guys.. jim has decided to ride triche and mcw regardless of what their results are on the court.

So what?

None of those things necessarily invalidates any criticism of the coach.

God these are the most worthless threads. Otherwise reasonable people and insightful posters throw logic out the window.
I resent being called reasonable and insightful.