This board is so bad, it's almost funny | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

This board is so bad, it's almost funny

Though I'm not firmly disagreeing, the statement that the Florida St. victory occurred primarily because of the zone is a bit of an overstatement that cannot be supported by the numbers. That same zone surrendered 16 of SU's 18-point lead in the second half once the Seminoles' best player returned to the floor.

The zone helped us win to some extent. However, the poor defensive strategy employed by Florida St. (including their inability to defend good guards, which I have detailed in other posts) and our players burying free throws down the stretch were just as, if not more, important.

Moreover, as JB eluded to in his presser, had Hamilton gone with the line up that should've been primarily out there in the first half, it's a totally different game. I think that was JB's politically correct way of saying, if only Hamilton knew the difference between his ass and third base... ;):)

No, I don't want only positive opinions but the ones wishing JB would retire mid season are a little be much. Or absolute comments that JG can't play pg in the ACC or that White is truly only a 1 dimensional player. Or declaring that the season is over even before the ACC schedule starts. Saying that the team is playing really bad (maybe an understatement before the ACC!) is true. Saying that the defense stinks may be true but saying that it can't improve because the players are stink is beyond.
You do realize... that everything you said was "beyond" and everything you said was 'acceptable' — that's all just, like, your opinion, man.
Shirley, you do realize that. Right?

A "wish" is just that. It belongs to the individual wishing.
JG wasn't playing like an ACC-quality PG. If you take semantics so seriously — "can't play" vs "isn't playing" — you're in for a world of hurt on a web forum where people don't even bother to punctuate or capitalize...
"the season is over" — i'll bet that person still watched every game since. What does it matter if someone thinks "it's over?" How does that hurt you?

i would include myself in the category that tends to post more about negative things than positive, and i am willing to receive that as reasonable criticism. i think that when things are positive, i don't really have anything to add. for instance last night, gillon was incredible and what else is there to say about it, we won a game we shouldn't have and there's that. big picture wise i don't know that it changes much, aside from maybe erasing one of our bad non-conference losses.

Take those 3 losses away and maybe even Georgetown and everybody is feeling a lot better about the season year to date as well as going forward.
What do all those teams have in common?

Old rivals

They were pumped to beat us

Shouldn't we have been equally pumped to beat them?

You would think so.

Except we play in the ACC, a P-5 league

The Big East, new style, is pretty good but neither St John's nor the Hoyas is very good right now.

The AAC - AACKK!!!!

BC is in the ACC though and was the team that broke our home win streak.

They are bad but play better competition.

You would think so.

Except we play in the ACC, a P-5 league

The Big East, new style, is pretty good but neither St John's nor the Hoyas is very good right now.

The AAC - AACKK!!!!

BC is in the ACC though and was the team that broke our home win streak.

They are bad but play better competition.
I get your point, but i kinda feel that, after losing to them last year, the 'incentive factor' should have been equal or in our favor.

I get the appeal, it's just too much of a distraction for me.
Exactly. I tried it a few times a couple of seasons ago, but it took me way too far out of the traditional game enjoyment to be toggling back and forth. Serving two masters at once meant doing neither task well, or fulfillingly.

Also, if things aren't going well, I'm not going to gain much from a thread that reads like this:

W.T*F

Refs swallow the whistle again. This team gets no f @c king breaks

Same old offense. Which is to say NO OFFENSE

W*T.F

#jbmustgo

Gillon coming in for Howard at next dead ball. Reckless Howard drive to hoop in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . .

I miss SaintTristan

This is the worst zone I've seen since 2007. I mean 1977.

BTW, that dude suttree is dead s e x y. You should see him in person. Baller.

Exactly. I tried it a few times a couple of seasons ago, but it took me way too far out of the traditional game enjoyment to be toggling back and forth. Serving two masters at once meant doing neither task well, or fulfillingly.

Also, if things aren't going well, I'm not going to gain much from a thread that reads like this:

W.T*F

Refs swallow the whistle again. This team gets no f @c king breaks

Same old offense. Which is to say NO OFFENSE

W*T.F

#jbmustgo

Gillon coming in for Howard at next dead ball. Reckless Howard drive to hoop in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . .

I miss SaintTristan

This is the worst zone I've seen since 2007. I mean 1977.

BTW, that dude suttree is dead s e x y. You should see him in person. Baller.
And that's how it typically reads in a game SU wins.

For me, there was a point in the NC State game were I thought they were done. I started praying to God at that point. JB is just way too good of a coach to ever fire. That one post was crazy. During the last 2 minutes of regulation JB called a masterful timeout. I was so wrapped up in the excitement of the game it just never entered my mind. I was thinking wow that's a really good time to call timeout. Unless you've coached BB, calling or more importantly not calling timeout is such a huge part of coaching and winning. We will see how Hop does when his time comes.

Indeed. Undoubtedly, last night's win was spectacular, however, what you point out is 100% accurate and objective...not to mention a team that isn't a tournament team.
Are you saying we're not a tournament team ?

Are you saying we're not a tournament team ?

I was implying NCST wasn't. Although, as of now, I also feel that we aren't either and have quite of bit of work to do to get in, but at least we are currently trending towards it.

Without highly emotional and negatively charged comments there would be no engaging discussion on this board or any other. Places like this need youngsters to fly off the handle occasionally and come to insane conclusions or else the site would be a graveyard of wisdom.

So it's best to sit back and let em vent and make fools of themselves; it will feel all the better once they start to grow up right before your eyes. Let them stumble a bit before pointing out a slippery slope. ;)

Shouldn't we have been equally pumped to beat them?
Sure. But we were down Chuckwu which means shaking up the lineup because you are down a 7'2" five fouls to give player. DC was hurt and I know Lydon wasn't 100% either.

That's just the big men.

The two losses to UConn and Gtown were by a combined 9 points.

The loss to Gtown hurt more though because it was at home on Pearl Washington day.

The loss to BC was bad but in Boston

The loss to St John's at home was atrocious