This coach K crap... | Syracusefan.com

This coach K crap...

jcuse44

2nd String
So damn sick of all this Coach K love from ESPN. Why does every little even in sports become some epic adventure to them? Im not impressed with the all time wins record. He only has 829 wins at duke...the rest were racking up unimpressive wins at Army. He is clearly one of the best coaches ever...but so is Jim Boeheim. I just can't stand the love fest for K and Roy. Makes me throw up in my mouth.

I just can't handle it. It's almost as unbearable as listening to ANY broadcast with Mike Patrick. I'd rather listen to Dick Vitale get into a 20 minute argument with someone that stutters.

As incredible as what Coach K has done, it still makes me sick. Enough already. Dickie V has to be creaming his pants somewhere right now. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Coach K, you complete me baby!!

boeheim really does get little respect from the media ... we always hear about how great every1 else is ... why is izzo thought of before jimmy??

One of my only hopes in (basketball) life is that JB retires two years after Coach K does...with the all time wins record firmly in his grasp.

boeheim really does get little respect from the media ... we always hear about how great every1 else is ... why is izzo thought of before jimmy??
Tourney performance.

One of my only hopes in (basketball) life is that JB retires two years after Coach K does...with the all time wins record firmly in his grasp.
doubt that will happen, but I hope so too.

Because he's got what, 6 final fours? (And apparently according to ESPN, 2 titles)

It was kind of hard to watch, but if all this was about JB instead we'd all be lapping it up.

JB has to do more under the bright lights... we flame out so much, it hurts him. Guys like Izzo and K always seem to be in elite 8's, final fours with a higher frequency.

It is a bit overbearing.

Why do I keep thinking that, 3 weeks ago, pre-Sandusky scandal, they could have been televising a PSU FB game, and pretty much pouring similar gagging adulation on JoPa? Then the --and truth--hits the fan......

While we're on the topic of Duke, I hate Austin Rivers. Also, it probably isn't, but having more than two Plumlees on one team should be an NCAA violation.

I'm pretty sure deep down...a large part of Bobby Knight doesn't really like Coach K...just a hunch.

Coach K is the best coach of this generation of basketball. I hate Duke, I don't like K, but he just wins games. He and JB are good friends, they respect eachother. That's good enough for me to know what kind of guy K really is.

Coach K is the best coach of this generation of basketball. I hate Duke, I don't like K, but he just wins games. He and JB are good friends, they respect eachother. That's good enough for me to know what kind of guy K really is.
Right. And with his 12(?) final fours and 4 NC's he deserves the recognition. I don't have a problem with it. He probably should be considered the second best of all time behind John Wooden.

So damn sick of all this Coach K love from ESPN. Why does every little even in sports become some epic adventure to them? Im not impressed with the all time wins record. He only has 829 wins at duke...the rest were racking up unimpressive wins at Army. He is clearly one of the best coaches ever...but so is Jim Boeheim. I just can't stand the love fest for K and Roy. Makes me throw up in my mouth.

He deserves the attention. Knight got the same kind of attention when he passed Dean Smith. Like him or not, you have to admire the job he has done at Duke, i.e. Duke's record while he's been there. And I am certain that JB does not begrudge K any of the attention he is getting. They are close friends and have a lot of respect for each other.

If I was a Florida or OSU fan I wouldn't be very happy they interrupted the game for a live look in.

He built Puke, the way JB built us. There was nothing foreordained that Duke would be this good. He is the most accomplished active coach. I don't like Puke, but I have nothing against Coach K.
Hopefully JB will get another NC before hanging them up.

Coach K won't retire until Boeheim retires. Just to ensure there is no imminent threat to his record.

he is a great coach and a class act, i don't see why a true fan of college basketball would waste their time hating coach K. hate calhoun or calipari instead.
He is not a class act. I seriously, seriously have contempt for that man.

Right. And with his 12(?) final fours and 4 NC's he deserves the recognition. I don't have a problem with it. He probably should be considered the second best of all time behind John Wooden.

He might be better than Wooden. A lot harder to win titles now.

I was there tonight, one of the coolest moments I have seen. Don't know why people hate K so much, definitely one of my favorite coaches besides Jimmy B, and definitely one of the best if not the best of all time.