This coach K crap... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

This coach K crap...

Yes, basing it off quotes from players who didn't play for him and have a clouded vision because they couldn't beat them. Jalen called Grant Hill an "uncle tom". Shows how ignorant he is and nothing he says holds any value.

Yeah you're totally right dude, no way you're wrong.

Yeah you're totally right dude, no way you're wrong.
Well considering you made a blanket statement before without elaborating, why don't you pull some quotes and prove me wrong? By the way, what my post is is an opinion. Jalen Rose is an ignorant POS, IMO. He proved it in the Fab Five doc on ESPN.

So damn sick of all this Coach K love from ESPN. Why does every little even in sports become some epic adventure to them? Im not impressed with the all time wins record. He only has 829 wins at duke...the rest were racking up unimpressive wins at Army. He is clearly one of the best coaches ever...but so is Jim Boeheim. I just can't stand the love fest for K and Roy. Makes me throw up in my mouth.

Is it me or does every time he is with Bob Knight he looks like he is being submissive to Knight? He looks like if he says the wrong thing, Knight is going to slap him. I don't know, but that's what I see.

I'm pretty sure deep down...a large part of Bobby Knight doesn't really like Coach K...just a hunch.
Couldn't agree more. That love fest after the game was a perfect made for TV moment. What a lot of people seem to forget was that the two didnt speak from 1992-2001. Only 9 years...

One of the reasons I have always had a dislike for the man was when he petitioned the NCAA to have the losses removed from his record when his team tanked...errr...I mean he had to leave the team because of a bad back and exhaustion. Meanwhile all of Bernie Fine's losses appear on JB's record and you never heard a peep from JB about it.

Is it me or does every time he is with Bob Knight he looks like he is being submissive to Knight? He looks like if he says the wrong thing, Knight is going to slap him. I don't know, but that's what I see.

Of course he's being "submissive", if that's the right word.
In Asian & most other cultures its accepted behaviour in a Teacher/Student relationship.
Its just a sign of tremendous respect, that no matter what accomplishments he achieves, he'll always bow-down to the "master".
Coach K is a man to be admired & respected- his record speaks for itself. I became convinced when I saw his work with Team USA.
The guy "gets it". He loves his country & does something about it, instills the right values, & again, is one-hell-of-a-coach!
If folks bring their own biases & prejudices into the equation, then that's on them. Haters gonna hate.

In Asian & most other cultures its accepted behaviour in a Teacher/Student relationship.
Its just a sign of tremendous respect, that no matter what accomplishments he achieves, he'll always bow-down to the "master".
Coach K is a man to be admired & respected- his record speaks for itself. I became convinced when I saw his work with Team USA.
The guy "gets it". He loves his country & does something about it, instills the right values, & again, is one-hell-of-a-coach!
If folks bring their own biases & prejudices into the equation, then that's on them. Haters gonna hate.
Bottom line is simple. Coach K might not have gotten to where he is today without the start Knight gave him.

Well. last I checked this is the USA. I have had many teachers over the years in high school and college and I would never act like him. Why bow to Bob knight anyway? Didn't he get fired at Indiana for his temper? He is a great role model for sure acting like he is insane on the sideline..

Bottom line is simple. Coach K might not have gotten to where he is today without the start Knight gave him.

Yes, I have always used people who were fired from their jobs because they were borderline insane at times. isn't it a fact that Coach K and Knight didn't speak for many years? Wonder why?

One of the reasons I have always had a dislike for the man was when he petitioned the NCAA to have the losses removed from his record when his team tanked...errr...I mean he had to leave the team because of a bad back and exhaustion. Meanwhile all of Bernie Fine's losses appear on JB's record and you never heard a peep from JB about it.

That's a legitimate reason that I share.

It's also disappointing that his players stoop to the unsporting tactic of defensive flopping more than any other visible school in the country. Doubt they take it upon themselves to do that year after year.

He's obviously a very good coach - one of the best ever - but that doesn't necessarily make him likeable.

Well. last I checked this is the USA. I have had many teachers over the years in high school and college and I would never act like him. Why bow to Bob knight anyway? Didn't he get fired at Indiana for his temper? He is a great role model for sure acting like he is insane on the sideline..

get off my lawn.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom