This could get interesting... | Syracusefan.com

This could get interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two words and an abbreviation that should never, ever be said about the current backward legislative body running that state.
Funny, they resemble quite a few legislatures right now. What's even better is those legislatures have been widely voted in by constituents who are in uproar that they are not going far enough.

its interesting to me that the state govt thinks they can override the GOR. if they really can, could potentially create some interesting scenarios. if for example Oklahoma or Kansas gets a real offer to jump to a better conf they could have their respective state legislatures get them out of any GOR and conf realignment moves could theoretically happen much sooner than the mid 2020's current GOR expirations for most leagues with them.

its interesting to me that the state govt thinks they can override the GOR. if they really can, could potentially create some interesting scenarios. if for example Oklahoma or Kansas gets a real offer to jump to a better conf they could have their respective state legislatures get them out of any GOR and conf realignment moves could theoretically happen much sooner than the mid 2020's current GOR expirations for most leagues with them.
The GOR is a contract. A state legislature can't break that contract.

The GOR is a contract. A state legislature can't break that contract.

perhaps I misread "any public state school in a conference that boycotts North Carolina would be barred from "extending any grant of media rights to the conference"" and it would prohibit them from going out any further than currently.

If my initial read was correct and "extending" means "giving" then the law would seek to override the current contract and retain the rights and revenue for the universities. if they could find some valid reason to do so, my previous post stands. if not...

image.jpg

perhaps I misread "any public state school in a conference that boycotts North Carolina would be barred from "extending any grant of media rights to the conference"" and it would prohibit them from going out any further than currently.

If my initial read was correct and "extending" means "giving" then the law would seek to override the current contract and retain the rights and revenue for the universities. if they could find some valid reason to do so, my previous post stands. if not...

image.jpg
I guess the use of the word override has me confused. That doesn't mean going forward to me. That means they can take back what was already agreed to. I'm not a lawyer and it is not my area of expertise.

How far do you go with that? If they have a bill that blacks can't marry whites, would you be upset if the NCAA boycotted N.C. then?

There's always a line...somewhere. Where your line is may not be the same as someone else's line.

How far do you go with that? If they have a bill that blacks can't marry whites, would you be upset if the NCAA boycotted N.C. then?

This is weak, take the argument you don't like and extend it to ridiculous lengths. We are talking about a trannies sharing a bathroom with my daughter, right? Not bringing back slavery. Personally, I think my daughter could handle it but there is way too much heat for the number of trannys actually affected.

This is weak, take the argument you don't like and extend it to ridiculous lengths. We are talking about a trannies sharing a bathroom with my daughter, right? Not bringing back slavery. Personally, I think my daughter could handle it but there is way too much heat for the number of trannys actually affected.

I'd recommend you educate yourself a bit more about the bill and the issues related to discrimination before using your ill-defined term of "trannys" as a way to characterize the bill and who it impacts.

I'd recommend you educate yourself a bit more about the bill and the issues related to discrimination before using your ill-defined term of "trannys" as a way to characterize the bill and who it impacts.
Exactly Discrimination in never really a problem until it's you being discriminated against.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's always a line...somewhere. Where your line is may not be the same as someone else's line.
Maybe that is why I asked him where his line was.

What exactly is your daughter handling?

On top of what others have said, why the assumption that those who are transgender are sexually deviant and some kind of pervert? The odds of a person being both transgender and a pedophile is extremely unlikely. Also, the uproar is over the fact that it's an effort to limit the rights of those who are different from people who make the laws.

Wow

On top of what others have said, why the assumption that those who are transgender are s e xually deviant and some kind of pervert? The odds of a person being both transgender and a pedophile is extremely unlikely. Also, the uproar is over the fact that it's an effort to limit the rights of those who are different from people who make the laws.

How do you know who's transgender or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom