This erases the pitt win | Syracusefan.com

This erases the pitt win

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
The Pitt win allowed us some margin for error, we could afford to lose a couple of the tough road games down the stretch assuming we took care of our home games. Oooopsie. If we lose at duke and at UVA I don't think we get a 1 seed.

CorduroyG said:
The Pitt win allowed us some margin for error, we could afford to lose a couple of the tough road games down the stretch assuming we took care of our home games. Oooopsie. If we lose at duke and at UVA I don't think we get a 1 seed.

If we lose to duke and sweep the rest we win the acc.

This loss hurt but doesnt kill us

If we lose @duke and @Uva but win the conf tourny, or at least beat one of those teams on the way, I think we get a 1.

Duke is the monkey wrench here; if we lose the 1 seed but still get a 2 in the East cause Duke drops a game here or there; annoying, but not the end of the world. If Duke runs the table and we lose @Uva as well, then I think we lose a 1 and the East.

so lets root for UNC tomorrow

Basically negated any possible margin for error we once had. So I guess tonight was the error and there's no more margin

Marsh01 said:
If we lose to duke and sweep the rest we win the acc. This loss hurt but doesnt kill us

Yea but before tonite we could afford to lose to duke and UVA and still get a 1. I don't think that's the case anymore.

I agree with the OP - this loss gives us a lot less margin for error in the remaining 5 games.
There is now more pressure to win against much better competition.
This loss doesn't kill us, but it really really hurts. It's not a "quality" loss and it could really come back to bite us come tourney selection time.
I don't think we really can afford any more stinkers like this if we want to remain a 1 or 2 seed.

In that scenario, what if we then beat Duke and Virginia to win the ACC tournament?

There's a lot of season left to play.

I agree with the OP - this loss gives us a lot less margin for error in the remaining 5 games.
There is now more pressure to win against much better competition.
This loss doesn't kill us, but it really really hurts. It's not a "quality" loss and it could really come back to bite us come tourney selection time.
I don't think we really can afford any more stinkers like this if we want to remain a 1 or 2 seed.
I still think we're a lock for at worst a 2 unless we literally lost every other game.

If we lose to duke and sweep the rest we win the acc.

This loss hurt but doesnt kill us

How so? If we lose to Duke we have two losses. If we beat UVA they'd have two losses, so we'd have to win out to be tied with UVA, who has a much easier schedule.

I agree we're a lock for a 2. But the #1 is in serious doubt. It all depends on what Duke does the rest of the way. If they win out, they get it because they will likely beat us twice. But it won't be easy for them the next 2 games. Tonight's loss is the worst loss we could have on our resume - simply a terrible loss - can't put it any other way.

How so? If we lose to Duke we have two losses. If we beat UVA they'd have two losses, so we'd have to win out to be tied with UVA, who has a much easier schedule.
but we'd have the head to head over uva, both of us w/ 2 losses

but we'd have the head to head over uva, both of us w/ 2 losses

True but they have an easy schedule and we don't. Lots of road games.

The way this team plays at the level of its opponents (validate this on Saturday), Cuse would be better off being a 4 seed in March. Tonight's game was the 1-15 #1 seed-has-never-lost nightmare that could be reality.

Because we'd own the tie breaker against them, in the head to head matchup.

if we win 2 of our next 3 this is ok, if not, this loss could be he game we look back at when the season is over

This loss means we need to steal one at Duke or at UVA. Also, can't have another loss like this. If we end up with 4-5 losses we are in serious trouble for losing the one seed.

Team is staggering terribly. We need a good showing Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom