this game could have been in the dome | Syracusefan.com

this game could have been in the dome

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangehomer

All American
think that may have changed things a little? I like dr. gross and what he has done, but I still think he screwed the pooch on these met life games. so far he turned 2 home games into 2 neutral/road games and we are shockingly out-attended and 0-2 in them. he sold out the local fan base and now we don't even get a real game at home until October, very poorly done. I had football season tix for 5 years running until last year, I cant bring myself to buy them when the best game of the year is played in NJ.

think that may have changed things a little? I like dr. gross and what he has done, but I still think he screwed the pooch on these met life games. so far he turned 2 home games into 2 neutral/road games and we are shockingly out-attended and 0-2 in them. he sold out the local fan base and now we don't even get a real game at home until October, very poorly done. I had football season tix for 5 years running until last year, I cant bring myself to buy them when the best game of the year is played in NJ.
THIS GAME WAS NEVER SCHEDULED FOR THE DOME!

Okay, I can understand the attitude towards games that were supposed to be or could have been at home...but I do have a problem with fans knowledge of what is going on. This was a 1-1-1 a few years before we signed the deal with Met Life. Please if youre going to comment, know what you are talking about...uggh.

That said our offense was so pedestrian. Kudos to the D, but this game was winnable. Even with Reddish getting caught by a D lineman on his almost pick six...:bang:

Okay, I can understand the attitude towards games that were supposed to be or could have been at home...but I do have a problem with fans knowledge of what is going on. This was a 1-1-1 a few years before we signed the deal with Met Life. Please if youre going to comment, know what you are talking about...uggh.

That said our offense was so pedestrian. Kudos to the D, but this game was winnable. Even with Reddish getting caught by a D lineman on his almost pick six...:bang:
the usc game was not a 1-1-1, and while the penn state may turn out to be a 1-1-1 by 2020, my point is that gross screwed the local fan base. the hill should have been alive with the sound of football today, instead it was a ghost town while our program played a "neutral" game in an nfl stadium that was 80-20 against us. it sucks.

the usc game was not a 1-1-1, and while the penn state may turn out to be a 1-1-1 by 2020, my point is that gross screwed the local fan base. the hill should have been alive with the sound of football today, instead it was a ghost town while our program played a "neutral" game in an nfl stadium that was 80-20 against us. it sucks.

You do know what a 1-1-1 is? This was the neutral "1".

Penn State was in the dome not to many years ago and it was still 80-20.

I understand your attitude vs the USC series and agree that it should have been in the dome. That was a home-home series that TGD turned into a MetLife game. We all have our opinions about this but in the end it helped us get to the ACC, like it or not. This PedState series was always a 1-1-1. Home in 2008, away in 2009, Met Life i 2013. Our next series with them is a home-home.

Just admit you're wrong with your statement that a home game was moved. I get the debate here, but you lose credibility if you make a blanket statement without even knowing the set up.

I would love to have top name teams in the dome. However if you had a 1-1-1 offer with Penn St would you not take it in a heart beat?

Like I said in another thread, MetLife pays SU $5 million per game to play at MetLife. SUs athletic dept needed revenue as BE conference provided so little. This was all contracted pre ACC. I suspect SU will continue to schedule these games as long as MetLife keeps paying them that kind of money. No way can a home Dome game generate revenue like that for SU.

Hate to say it but its all about money.

You should honestly delete this thread because it wrong. We scheduled a 1-1-1 series with Penn State this game was never going to be in the Dome. Penn State and Syracuse will play home/home in 2020/2021 this game was perfect. It was a neutral site game for both programs and got the program on national TV and was an exciting game. It was never going to be in the Dome at all. Your a good fan for having season tickets, but honestly this game was never going to be in the Dome and SU did not sellout anything out for scheduling it. I have been beating the drums about the Metlife games, but this game was perfect and SU didn't screw the season ticketholders like they did last year versus USC.

Like I said in another thread, MetLife pays SU $5 million per game to play at MetLife. SUs athletic dept needed revenue as BE conference provided so little. This was all contracted pre ACC. I suspect SU will continue to schedule these games as long as MetLife keeps paying them that kind of money. No way can our Dome generate revenue like that for SU for 1 game.

Hate to say it but its all about money.
Just an FYI this game was not part of SU's Metlife contract it was signed with Penn State before SU independently made its agreement with Metlife.

Just admit you're wrong with your statement that a home game was moved. I get the debate here, but you lose credibility if you make a blanket statement without even knowing the set up.

I would love to have top name teams in the dome. However if you had a 1-1-1 offer with Penn St would you not take it in a heart beat?
you're right, I re-read my original post and I did say 2 home games were moved, whereas in reality it was just the usc game. I guess it is just a general frustration on my part that games have been played for the nyc alumni who are not showing up. looks like notre dame next year

Just an FYI this game was not part of SU's Metlife contract it was signed with Penn State before SU independently made its agreement with Metlife.

Yes but SU still gets $5 million per game - and I suspect they will continue scheduling games at MetLife if the money is there.

you're right, I re-read my original post and I did say 2 home games were moved, whereas in reality it was just the usc game. I guess it is just a general frustration on my part that games have been played for the nyc alumni who are not showing up. looks like notre dame next year
Were you at the game?

Yes but SU still gets $5 million per game - and I suspect they will continue scheduling games at MetLife if the money is there.
Listen SU is getting paid good money but there is NO WAY IN HELL in SU is getting 5 million per game. I have found out from people that was the signing bonus SU got from Metlife for agreeing to the series of games. Metlife wouldn't make any money if they paid SU 5 million a game.

Were you at the game?
absolutely not, neutral sites and pro arenas suck for college games. before you go berserk, I have attended away football games at penn state, wake forest, temple, UConn and 2 pinstripes and countless basketball games. college football in neutral sites are just missing something.

Listen SU is getting paid good money but there is NO WAY IN HELL in SU is getting 5 million per game. I have found out from people that was the signing bonus SU got from Metlife for agreeing to the series of games. Metlife wouldn't make any money if they paid SU 5 million a game.

Sorry but that is not correct - I heard it directly from those in the know.

1-1-1. Never never never was a dome game. Nor would have been. Drop the topic.

SU does not get $5m per game at MetLife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors