This game gave me hope | Syracusefan.com

This game gave me hope

I agree, although we may be shocked about different things. I was shocked the #16 VT was so crappy.

I wasn't shocked at all even though the game was a coinflip for who would win I knew that we could run them out of the building by 30 whereas if they won it wouldn't be by more than a couple possessions. Hence us Vegas favs vs a ranked team.

I agree, although we may be shocked about different things. I was shocked the #16 VT was so crappy.
there really isnt much of a difference between most of the top 50 teams in NCAABB these days...which is why I think all of the micro-scrutiny of everything that goes on in games and around the team gets people so emotional...the margin between top 50 top 25 and top 10 really isnt as wide as what it used to be...while the recent seasons havent been what they used to be...being top 50 or so is not really that far away from being a "good " team either...so while the performance has slipped a bit of late...the gap doesnt seem that far...I mean teams like rutgers, UNC pitt are SO BEATABLE, even with this incomplete roster imo.

some years a 8 seed or lower has no chance against a 1 2 or 3 seed and while teams like gonzaga and baylor are pretty good and better than the rest...I think the gap between tiers of teams isnt what it has been in other years and historically...and is trending smaller as the years pass for the most part.

but the general understanding of what it means to beat a top 10 or 25 team hasnt caught up to the reality of how much more parity there is in the sport.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom