This Game Was Actually Fun to Watch..... | Syracusefan.com

This Game Was Actually Fun to Watch.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
It started off extremely ugly, but when Edwards and Kadary came in the mojo changed. Both really energized the team. Jesse fought for everything and really hustled. If he gets stronger over the summer, watch out for him next season. Meanwhile, he should get minutes and finish this season strong. Kadary knows how to run a team and play D. My only criticism was that there were two or three times he drove the lane, broke down the D, and kicked instead of finishing strong to the hole. Next year those will be buckets.

Buddy was excellent throughout and the three point play where he chucked it while falling to the ground was terrific and along with Alan's block were the two plays of the game in my mind.

Quincy was a total warrior out there playing through pain.

Alan had a horrible outing, but to his credit he never quit, and made the aforementioned play of the game when we really needed to stop a breakaway.

Marek is just a jack of all trades. There were a couple of times he did what Kadary did in driving the lane and kicking instead of finishing. It was good to see him at the four for much of the game.

Last comment is Joe has taken a lot of heat, much of it deservedly so, but he has simply got to nail FTs at the end if he has that opportunity. That is the least he should be able to do.

All in all, fun, fun game. Fabulous grit and determination to fight back, take the lead, and hold on at the end through the adversity of Edwards fouling out and injuries to Q and Kadary.

It started off extremely ugly, but when Edwards and Kadary came in the mojo changed. Both really energized the team. Jesse fought for everything and really hustled. If he gets stronger over the summer, watch out for him next season. Meanwhile, he should get minutes and finish this season strong. Kadary knows how to run a team and play D. My only criticism was that there were two or three times he drove the lane, broke down the D, and kicked instead of finishing strong to the hole. Next year those will be buckets.

Buddy was excellent throughout and the three point play where he chucked it while falling to the ground was terrific and along with Alan's block were the two plays of the game in my mind.

Alan had a horrible outing, but to his credit he never quit, and made the aforementioned play of the game when we really needed to stop a breakaway.

Marek is just a jack of all trades. There were a couple of times he did what Kadary did in driving the lane and kicking instead of finishing. It was good to see him at the four for much of the game.

Last comment is Joe has taken a lot of heat, much of it deservedly so, but he has simply got to nail FTs at the end if he has that opportunity. That is the least he should be able to do.

All in all, fun, fun game. Fabulous grit and determination to fight back, take the lead, and hold on at the end through the adversity of Edwards fouling out and injuries to Q and Kadary.
Great post.....nailed my feelings exactly!! It did seem in the last couple of minutes everything that could possibly go wrong happened. One other key play was AG hitting the reverse layup under the basket on great pass from Marek. We had not scored in a bit at that moment and really needed a score.

I mentioned this last week... we don't have to be vintage Syracuse to be watchable... we just need to friggin' win some games.

Every game at home besides Bryant and the second half of Pitt has been fun to watch. Road games have been a dumpster fire for the most part.

I enjoyed the NC game other than the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom