This guy thinks he’s going to big boy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This guy thinks he’s going to big boy

I heard a coach that is worried that he is getting into a highly physical game as he knows we will bring it and wants to get his team ready. The “T” in DART.
I didn't get that. I think he went to the school of Belichik where, "our opponent is a juggernaut and we'll have to play our best game to have the slightest chance."

What I took from this other than he lived in a lean-to in a trailer? during his time that he doesnt remember coaching Fran was hes gonna play a reckless, physical defense to make Kyle uncomfortable, use his feet and give him no time.
Id be ready to call some quick throws, screens, maybe a trick screen out wide to villari ?maybe Davis? and have him throw to someone on a fly, if necessary late. GaTech is gonna bring the house to prevent kyle from picking them apart. Thats when kyle makes mistakes, not hard to identify.
Then on offense bully run there way down the field, keep ball away from kyle and control clock&hold until its called a few times. Im thinking he identified physicality as our weakness and that we dont like it.

He is wrong.
Thats our main focus this week and has been all camp. We just failed in that week 1. Should be a really fun game!

Last edited:
They’ve played 2 games with a week of travel to Europe will be shocked if this happens considering they barely beat us with no QB at their place just a couple games ago.

If their actual plan is to mostly blitz and sell out to disrupt McCord, they will be extra vulnerable to screens, slants, and draw plays. You miss one tackle (and that will be man coverage in those scenarios) and it quickly becomes huge gains.

That’s how it should be, but this Syracuse fan base is fickle

It should be constant noise.

Anytime you go to an away game it’s noise the entire time
Listen. It's light years better than it was 20 years ago.. The fans didn't realize that you should stand and be loud on 3rd down. They just sat on their hands only to cheer when Syracuse was on pre-snap offense. It was horrendous. Standing and cheering on 3rd down is not an issue

Last edited:
I didn't get that. I think he went to the school of Belichik where, "our opponent is a juggernaut and we'll have to play our best game to have the slightest chance."
It was absolutely this. He was very complimentary of the team through the whole press conference

Complimentary and respectful, but did not bring it to Lou Holtz levels, IMHO.

Last edited:
Listen. It's light years better than it was 20 years ago.. The fans didn't realize that you should stand and be loud on 3rd down. They just sat on their hands only to cheer when Syracuse was on offense. It was horrendous. Standing and cheering on 3rd down is not an issue
When did that happen, because it hasn’t been like that since the building opened.

When did that happen, because it hasn’t been like that since the building opened.
Back in the McNabb days I remember the offense having to quiet the crowd after an exciting play, but it was rare. The crowd has always known to make noise on defense and not on offense. It would be nice if we didn't wait until the opposing offense came to the LOS, but I feel like that's a minor issue. The crowd has caused more than their fair share of false starts over the years.

That’s how it should be, but this Syracuse fan base is fickle

It should be constant noise.

Anytime you go to an away game it’s noise the entire time
You're 100% correct JR. This fan base needs to stand, be loud, & be aggressive the entire time GT has the ball. It always seems like things get stale, and that is where the DJ/house announcer can come into play, getting the crowd and players amped up!

I heard nothing there indicating he expects to big boy us. I heard a coach that intends to challenge his team and one that would rather not do press conferences if he isn't required to.
Old school lineman who carried that into coaching.

Fran definitely heard the part about Key dismissing him more or less. He mentioned it today in his interview with Steve and Paulie. Here is the Fran interview from today.

Fran definitely heard the part about Key dismissing him more or less. He mentioned it today in his interview with Steve and Paulie. Here is the Fran interview from today.

Unprompted too, Fran mentioned it on his own. You just know that pissed Fran off and he's going to use that to our advantage. Go get em coach

Nicholas Cage Smiling GIF

shhh talkin' and the calm-cool-collected fran response... let's fckn go babyyyyy

I think Fran is going to be someone that is like Michael Jordan where he is good at taking imagined slights and using them as motivation.

If we dont get it together he is going to run it down our throats. We need to take the ball and score put them in a hole sell out on the run and make them dink the ball down the field on us. Sell out on the run nothing over the top.

1000% AGREE!!!

Key to victory, right here. We MUST stop their running game.

Do that, and we win everywhere else on the field.

We control the QB running and thats the game.

Not sure we can do that based on what we did vs Ohio.

What I took from this other than he lived in a lean-to in a trailer? during his time that he doesnt remember coaching Fran was hes gonna play a reckless, physical defense to make Kyle uncomfortable, use his feet and give him no time.
Id be ready to call some quick throws, screens, maybe a trick screen out wide to villari ?maybe Davis? and have him throw to someone on a fly, if necessary late. GaTech is gonna bring the house to prevent kyle from picking them apart. Thats when kyle makes mistakes, not hard to identify.
Then on offense bully run there way down the field, keep ball away from kyle and control clock&hold until its called a few times. Im thinking he identified physicality as our weakness and that we dont like it.

He is wrong.
Thats our main focus this week and has been all camp. We just failed in that week 1. Should be a really fun game!

Really good post.
But this week is "put up or shut up".
Fran and these coaches have talked about how physical our practices have been, but we looked like Ohio pushed us around for most of the game.

I think Fran is going to be someone that is like Michael Jordan where he is good at taking imagined slights and using them as motivation.
1,000%. This was literally my first thought

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom