this hurts to say, tristan is right | Syracusefan.com

this hurts to say, tristan is right

D

dash-30-dash

marrone isn't the guy. This was one bad coaching performance. From specials, to play calling. Not to mention, heartless and gutless.

All I know is whoever is in charge of special teams should be fired tomrrow along with Hackett. Pathetic.

He can't catch the ball for them. Overall they dominated a team filled with much more heavily recruited players. I mean...its an absolutely disgraceful performance on special teams, and inexcusable by Bailey and, to a lesser extent, Nassib, but its one game.

It's not just this game. Our recruiting hasn't improved. And who do they blame, the fans. Anything after g-rob would be an improvement, and he is. But what have you seen that says, in year 3, boy we are headed in the right direction. 3 close wins against average teams last year. Please. The play calling was out and out dumb. Nassib doesn't call his own plays does he?

It's not just this game. Our recruiting hasn't improved. And who do they blame, the fans. Anything after g-rob would be an improvement, and he is. But what have you seen that says, in year 3, boy we are headed in the right direction. 3 close wins against average teams last year. Please. The play calling was out and out dumb. Nassib doesn't call his own plays does he?
One loss in OT with half of our team out to injuries and you want to fire Marrone?!?!?

Step away from the ledge, my friend, step away from the ledge.

no one agrees with dash. no will agree with dash.

It's really the recruiting that worries me more than anything else. The special teams was a disgrace today but it hasn't really been a pattern so I'll cut a small bit of slack. And if Thomas doesn't outright drop the easiest pick 6 I've ever seen then we probably win by 4 td's. As for the play calling meh...the players didn't execute shiit i don't know if any plays would have worked.

Read. I ddidn't say fire him. I said he isn't the guy. He will have time to change my mind. But as I said, the recruiting is only slightly better. Heck, our skill guys are all g-rob players. Carter last year. bailey, Nassib, Provo, Lemon, Chew. where are the marrone guys?

Read. I ddidn't say fire him. I said he isn't the guy. He will have time to change my mind. But as I said, the recruiting is only slightly better. Heck, our skill guys are all g-rob players. Carter last year. bailey, Nassib, Provo, Lemon, Chew. where are the marrone guys?
Semantics. "He isn't the guy" --> fire him

marrone isn't the guy. This was one bad coaching performance. From specials, to play calling. Not to mention, heartless and gutless.

No way man, this one is on Hackett and Nassib.

Hackett's offense is gimmicky nonsense and Nassib simply doesn't have a great gun.

I have a hard time agreeing with that one. Blew a pick 6, a 2 FGs, etc...outside that stupid Eli-Manning v Redskins pick on the screen, the team had plenty of chances to blow it open. Cannot keep giving back opportunities to put a team away, we aren't good enough.

Marrone IS the guy. Today was a matter of horrible execution. The Phil Thomas dropped pick-6 was a tough one to swallow. That would have put that game away and given SU incredible momentum.

We aren't 4-1, but we are 3-2 and that isn't the end of the world. Come on.

One loss in OT with half of our team out to injuries and you want to fire Marrone?!?!?

Step away from the ledge, my friend, step away from the ledge.
You think this game had anything to do with injuries? Wow. Defense played best game of the year.

44cuse

Marrone IS the guy. Today was a matter of horrible execution. The Phil Thomas dropped pick-6 was a tough one to swallow. That would have put that game away and given SU incredible momentum.

We aren't 4-1, but we are 3-2 and that isn't the end of the world. Come on.

You're going to put that game on Phil Thomas?

This was the worst Syracuse game I have watched since the Akron debacle a few games back. Rutgers was handing the game to Syracuse on a silver platter and Syracuse kept giving it back.

Two things I saw today were directly on the coaches - no game plan on 3 and short and 4th and short; special teams issues.

Couple those with some poor personnel decisions, poor use of timeouts, and a complete lack of killer instinct, and you can't be happy with Marrone this evening.

I am not saying fire him by any means. Quite frankly, i think the programs ceiling is much lower than most here do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom