This "injuries are part of the game" thing is waning on me | Syracusefan.com

This "injuries are part of the game" thing is waning on me

Dcuse

All Conference
My passion is being affected. Nobody's fault but we seem snakebit

Agreed we sure as heck have had more than our share this year. I hope that during the next fall camp we take a fresh look at how we practice. Im all for hitting the hell out of each other but we came into the season banged up which is never a good thing and it has hurt us.

Also need better training/ recovery facilities... agree DCUSE, I hate going into the meat of the schedule limping along. Big two weeks here and we are riddled with injuries.

To me the West Coast trip also provides challenges with recovery as well

I'd imagine the training / recovery facilities are playing a big part in this. First purchase with the ACC money is an upgrade here.

I'd imagine the training / recovery facilities are playing a big part in this. First purchase with the ACC money is an upgrade here.

Couldn't agree more. I would love to see this come to fruition as soon as possible. Is it true that SU only has 1 or 2 hot/cold tubs?

Agreed we sure as heck have had more than our share this year. I hope that during the next fall camp we take a fresh look at how we practice. Im all for hitting the hell out of each other but we came into the season banged up which is never a good thing and it has hurt us.

I am willing to consider this point if anyone would ever post data about it.

That we have key players injured does indeed suck. That we lack depth to cover those injuries is also true.

That those injuries occur to SU at a higher rate than other programs is not proven.

I am willing to consider this point if anyone would ever post data about it.

That we have key players injured does indeed suck. That we lack depth to cover those injuries is also true.

That those injuries occur to SU at a higher rate than other programs is not proven.

I don't have any data but I think we overstate our injuries in relation to our opponents. Toledo had more starters hurt on defense than we did plus their starting RB went out real early. The Wake QB got hurt as we know during the game. I can't remember which team (not BE), but someone lost 3 starting OL in the past week. It is hard as fans to say it happens to everyone else too, but it does.

I doubt big is the right word.

I don't have any data but I think we overstate our injuries in relation to our opponents. Toledo had more starters hurt on defense than we did plus their starting RB went out real early. The Wake QB got hurt as we know during the game. I can't remember which team (not BE), but someone lost 3 starting OL in the past week. It is hard as fans to say it happens to everyone else too, but it does.

That is true but do the coaches of those teams black out the media about the injuries before the first conference game and get there #1 message board to go along with it? ;)

agreed injuries are part of the game i just hate to see us getting hurt in practice. Personally if it were my team i would take a look at critical positions. Positions where we are thin and protect those players. This year in addition to Nassib i would have protected Baily oh hell i would have protected the whole team. Ok screw that we are so thin i really dont know what you do as you have to prepare i guess next year will be different as we should have some decent depth with the exception of RB which is going to be scary unless we can bring in a juco or two

It seems like we were having this exact same conversation last year. I'm with Scooch- I wish someone would post data on it and get a clear answer on if we are snakebitten or does it happen to everyone.
The lack of depth certainly magnifies the injuries at Syracuse.

The lack of depth certainly magnifies the injuries at Syracuse.

That there is as much of a problem with the injuries as anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom