This is a Big Class | Syracusefan.com

This is a Big Class

Orangtiz

Starter
There are a lot of big time recruits we have handed out offers to and we sit well with. Looking at Bazely, Swider, Shittu, Hamier Wright. We need to land some of this big time prospects they are all on an elite level of talent. Add 2 or 3 of those guys with somebody like Buddy Boeheim (I think he could be very good at Syracuse) and we would put together a pretty impressive class.

There are a lot of big time recruits we have handed out offers to and we sit well with. Looking at Bazely, Swider, Shittu, Hamier Wright. We need to land some of this big time prospects they are all on an elite level of talent. Add 2 or 3 of those guys with somebody like Buddy Boeheim (I think he could be very good at Syracuse) and we would put together a pretty impressive class.
Also gotta add a PG(Carey, Duke, etc).

11 scholarships used in 2017-18.

Thorpe will graudate. Battle likely pro. Gain 1 scholarship back from NCAA.

Likely room for 3, correct?

11 scholarships used in 2017-18.

Thorpe will graudate. Battle likely pro. Gain 1 scholarship back from NCAA.

Likely room for 3, correct?

If it shakes out that way with battle then yes. Now add buddy in there as our 4th! Carey/swider/bazley/hughes/buddy or dd/swider/bazley/hughes/buddy. Although who knows about swider now that dookie is involved.

I feel like Carey is the most likely Orange of our big 3 in 2018. We'll see how the Swider recruitment shakes out now that Duke is involved. Bazley likes what we have to offer in terms of what we do, etc. But I also think he sees himself as a one and done (and the way his game is going, rightfully so?). That in lies the possible problem depending on how our new forwards (Moyer, Brissett, Dolezaj) play out. But first things first... Carey! Attainable a position of need.

I feel like Carey is the most likely Orange of our big 3 in 2018. We'll see how the Swider recruitment shakes out now that Duke is involved. Bazley likes what we have to offer in terms of what we do, etc. But I also think he sees himself as a one and done (and the way his game is going, rightfully so?). That in lies the possible problem depending on how our new forwards (Moyer, Brissett, Dolezaj) play out. But first things first... Carey! Attainable a position of need.

I agree

This is a Big Cass.

upload_2017-6-9_16-42-58.jpeg

Let's not blow the Duke thing out of what it is. the kid was down there for a tournament. Why not take a look?
I as well think it's getting blow up a little bit. As has happened with us many times, dream school doesn't also equal destination. While es we aren't Duke and don't have their allure, their allure goes to top prospects and such and Swider, whom will definitely get a bump in rankings, isn't gonna be a top prospect or one and done. He also doesn't seem to be into the whole hype of all that stuff like people like tuck and quade were. He's smarter he knows he needs to go to a place he fits, playing time, etc. we'll see but there's no reason to end the recruitment were still in the thick of it here.

We have 2 current scholarships for 2018-19.

Most likely Battle will make it 3 but I wouldn't expect him gone unless the staff takes 3 verbals.

I wouldn't count Dolezaj as anything more than a year to year player as well.

Thompson unless he D improves greatly isn't gone after this year.

This staff should be all over PGs. PGs by far the number one need and most PT available at.

Most likely Battle will make it 3 but I wouldn't expect him gone unless the staff takes 3 verbals.

This staff should be all over PGs. PGs by far the number one need and most PT available at.
I wouldn't be surprised if some kids that could stay, found greener pastures. That would open up another ship, or two.

I could easily see a senario where we have 5 open ships for 18

I could easily see a senario where we have 5 open ships for 18

it could go as high as 6 without a major surprise (and depending if there is any more turnover still to come for next year) but I'm expecting 4 or 5

This class is the foundation for our next Championship. 2018 will be the cherry on top that makes it happen.
I like your lunatic optimism! This is a great foundation. I do wish they had gotten Ayala or had room for him. He's going to be a very good 4-year guard. Maybe for 2018?

I hope Frank Howard turns a new page in his SU career and Paschal Chukwu is a legit 7'2 monster anchoring our zone. But if both players don't progress as they need to, you have to wonder if they'd look to potentially grad transfer elsewhere. Since Chukwu already sat out a year to transfer, I'd imagine he'd be on pace academically to grad transfer. Not sure about Frank, but that could be 2 more openings for our 2018 class. So really, anywhere from a 2-5 player class is possible. It'll most likely be 3 or 4 though.

I'd love to see us bring in Darius Bazley, Jeenathan Williams, one of Carey/Duke, and one of Swider/Jones. Bring in Buddy as a walk-on too and we'll have a ton of talented program players in our 2017 and 2018 classes that should make the 2019 and 2020 seasons really fun to watch.

I like your lunatic optimism! This is a great foundation. I do wish they had gotten Ayala or had room for him. He's going to be a very good 4-year guard. Maybe for 2018?

I do like Ayala, as well. He isn't flashy, but knows how to play the game. Would be great if we added him in 2018. Not sure the likelihood of that now, but we have plenty of options. I think we will all be happy with the 2018 class. It may not be as insane as 2017 was, but we ended up with a great class.

I am very optimistic though, as you said. At least when it comes to Syracuse sports. I can see why it may annoy some, but I have faith in all our players. Some less than others, but support them all.

I'm not saying we win it all this season, or the next but I think JB gets another. Excited to see the new guys play. Matt too. He's been working hard.

Marek, OB, Sid, HDub, and Geno. PC, and Frank will be interesting to see their development. Tyus is Tyus. My biggest concern is the rumor about TT that someone said. I don't believe it, so I'm excited to watch him improve.

Just need that chemistry. The 2010 team had perfect chemistry. It's such a huge part of winning. They need to have fun, and like each other. No distractions. Which is seemingly the worry about Frank. Anyway, can't wait for the season, but Football as well. I won't get into my optimism on that. Everyone will think I'm even crazier than they do now.

Battle and TT are both 99.9% gone for various reasons. Staff knows this. I think Dolezaj is also 1 and done.

Plenty of room next year

Battle and TT are both 99.9% gone for various reasons. Staff knows this. I think Dolezaj is also 1 and done.

Plenty of room next year

Unfortunately, I agree. I just hope TT isn't really that unhappy, and messes with the chemistry. I'm gonna say that he won't, will work hard to improve, and be a great player for us. Marek may showcase himself for a year, then play pro ball wherever. Frank, and PC, you never know. I'd bet we have 5 spots.

Unfortunately, I agree. I just hope TT isn't really that unhappy, and messes with the chemistry. I'm gonna say that he won't, will work hard to improve, and be a great player for us. Marek may showcase himself for a year, then play pro ball wherever. Frank, and PC, you never know. I'd bet we have 5 spots.
Can anyone expand on why Taurean may be unhappy ? He seemed so into the team last year and appeared to have such a great attitude and support for his teammates.

Can anyone expand on why Taurean may be unhappy ? He seemed so into the team last year and appeared to have such a great attitude and support for his teammates.

Just one random post that I remember saying he hated the zone, and JB. Also, that he was leaving after this year no matter what. Would have transferred if he didn't have to sit out.

I don't believe it, myself. He had a good attitude, and seemed like he wanted to work hard to improve for this upcoming year.

Hate even posting something like that when I have no clue. I think all is well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom