This is beyond belief | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This is beyond belief

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m watching and the most frustrating part is how Baber looks on the sideline he doesn’t have that fire this year but idk. Not sure what the answer is going forward but our fans deserve better

Downright embarrassing. Just to think we opened the season in the top 25. In terms of expectations vs outcome i don't think there has been a more disappointing season. This year really hurt me more than the other losing years when it was kind of expected. I truly thought this could be a good team, and actually think it has the players to do so...or at very least not be laughing stock bad.

The team quit!!! That’s why each player has regressed during the year.

This is it. Anyone who is paying attention can see that. It's not for a lack of skill that they're struggling. I'd like to believe that notes are being taken because those guys cannot have their scholarship renewed after this season. Examples need to be made and a coaching change or two may need to happen.

Downright embarrassing. Just to think we opened the season in the top 25. In terms of expectations vs outcome i don't think there has been a more disappointing season. This year really hurt me more than the other losing years when it was kind of expected. I truly thought this could be a good team, and actually think it has the players to do so...or at very least not be laughing stock bad.

Combined with two pre-season AAs, potential for ESPN Gameday, possibility for CFP, momentum to erase perception of a poor program, etc. Yeah, this is particular hard to stomach.

Defense was historically bad today but our offense has scored over 30 points only twice this season and none against p5. That’s a serious problem.

So many serious problems. What the freaking hell, man!

Never in a hundred years would I have expected to see the performances we’ve seen this season.

It’s truly... TRULY... beyond comprehension.
We returned most players. This team should be no different from last year's team except the QB. And DeVito was pretty good on his test drive last year. What happened?

I’m watching and the most frustrating part is how Baber looks on the sideline he doesn’t have that fire this year but idk. Not sure what the answer is going forward but our fans deserve better
Baber looks quite tamed this year. What's going on his personal life lately? I like more animated Baber.

Where do we go from here?

Like, there HAS to be coaching changes next year right?

That's basically where I am right now. I've suffered through the GRob years and the ups and downs that followed, but this program inconsistency has me very concerned. Was last year a fluke?

The biggest issue for me is why is the offense so damn slow? That was Dino's thing, speed, speed, speed. Keeping other teams on their toes and tiring them with the pace. Scheme and speed makes up for talent disparities, which is something this program will always deal with in some respects.

How do we get back to that? Can we get back to that?

I wasn't expecting a top 10 team this year but I also wasn't expecting getting completely dismantled on the road and at home to a lousy Maryland team and a peer level, avg/slightly above avg BC team. I hate to say it because I love what Dino as a person brings to the table, and I like his record of building programs, but the team is a mess right now.

That's basically where I am right now. I've suffered through the GRob years and the ups and downs that followed, but this program inconsistency has me very concerned. Was last year a fluke?

The biggest issue for me is why is the offense so damn slow? That was Dino's thing, speed, speed, speed. Keeping other teams on their toes and tiring them with the pace. Scheme and speed makes up for talent disparities, which is something this program will always deal with in some respects.

I wasn't expecting a top 10 team this year but I also wasn't expecting getting completely dismantled on the road and at home to a lousy Maryland team and a peer level, avg/slightly above avg BC team. I hate to say it because I love what Dino as a person brings to the table, and I like his record of building programs, but the team is a mess right now.

Other teams have adapted?? I mean winter of 15 was a long time ago. A LOT of coaches are running fast spreads now. Maybe it’s not exactly innovating anymore once everyone else is doing it too.

I don’t know what it is, but we are putrid. With a LOT of the same guys as last year. That’s hard to explain

They are playing slow so the opposing team doesn’t hang 100 on us. It’s Dino’s way of saying he has zero faith in our offense

fire??? Sometimes I wonder if he has a pulse

with that said what do you think is discussed with Tommy after every 3 and out?

If you have an employee who is consistently late, doesn't get their work done and shows up to work occasionally stoned and you don't do anything about it why would they change their behavior ?

I see players being dismissed this off-season. I already know of a transfer. I don't think it'll be of biblical proportion, but this a player led issue that needs to be fixed.

can't be any worse than the stench which the SU Football program is leaving behind. They're cropdusting CNY, after having guzzled a case of Genny Screamers
What's a Genny Screamer? I understand it's a genesee beer but a certain kind or size?

Genny Cream Ale, affectionately referred to as "Genny Screamers" by WNYers.
I always thought it was the equivalent of the “Matt’s splats”.
ie - “I partied hard last night, but now I have a bad case of “genny screamers”.

I’ve never turned off a game at half but I did today.

wondering about the head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors