This is beyond belief | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

This is beyond belief

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never turned off a game at half but I did today.

wondering about the head coach.

I went and got my haircut instead of watching. One of my Twitter followers took a halftime screen cap of the score and I couldn't believe it was that bad.

Simply men vs boys.

Call Addazio a meathead if it makes you feel better.

But he understands that when his guys are kicking our butts man vs boy, you stick with it.

And when we need to load the box to have any chance of stopping the run, he throws over our heads.

Seems like good coaching to me.

BC fans are always ready to run Addazio out of town because he can’t get them to be better than just an ordinary bowl team every year.

At this point, we’d sign up for that for a number of years.

I know it was mentioned of a transfer in this thread and I’d bet it will be taj. He always seems to be upset even when he gets a catch. Such a tragic flameout if that happens

BC fans are always ready to run Addazio out of town because he can’t get them to be better than just an ordinary bowl team every year.

At this point, we’d sign up for that for a number of years.

Yes. How perspective has changed since the arrogance of summer.

I was told we had like 8 future nfl players on defense
Well where the hell is the production! I feel we need some new coaches on the defensive side. Particularly for the coordinator because I think there is some Talent on the defensive side but they sure as hell are not playing like it

What word would describe someone who gets his ash kicked by a meathead?

Other than loser.

Loser works for this week.

but stylistically, yeah I prefer HC who don’t default to defense, take chances on O, and are willing to use the dome as an advantage to pass the ball.

In years 1-3 - Dino’s style was reason for hope. This year, it’s a crap show. But yeah I still don’t like the meathead dude

When the Cuse finishes 3 - 9 this year, Dino’s coaching record here will be 21 - 28. How many HC’s have been let go for that record thru year four? Also, do you think the Cuse could beat either Liberty and/or WMU with their recent efforts? Not me!!

I know it was mentioned of a transfer in this thread and I’d bet it will be taj. He always seems to be upset even when he gets a catch. Such a tragic flameout if that happens

Send him packing. I don’t care how talented he is, he’s a detriment to the team with his toxic attitude.

He's not the person I was talking about, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave or outright dismissed. When he faces some adversity he becomes unhinged. He has a lot of growing up to do.

I don't post here anymore because of how toxic it has become but I will say this. Haven't watched a Syracuse game the past two weeks and I'm glad I didn't watch today. Don't plan on watching another one this season. This isn't an expected step back in Year 4. This is a detrimental development to the long-term. The conversations I've been privy to are only going to get louder given how the season has unfolded. I don't know if it's effort, chemistry or guys outright quitting, but the cancer has gotta be cut out at season's end. Hands are going to be forced and should be. This is unacceptable.

I think we all appreciate your perseverance.

When the Cuse finishes 3 - 9 this year, Dino’s coaching record here will be 21 - 28. How many HC’s have been let go for that record thru year four? Also, do you think the Cuse could beat either Liberty and/or WMU with their recent efforts? Not me!!
They were lucky when they played Liberty as Freeze was just getting his team together and was stricken with a life threatening medical condition. Lucky also that WMU fumbled a lot and their 2 best offensive players got injured and were out when they needed them in the 4th quarter. Could easily be 1-8 right now.

I think we all appreciate your perseverance.

I don't know if it's supposed to be snark. If it is, here's my reply. Sports are supposed to be an escape. The moment it stops being that, it's not worth wasting my time on. I have a job that stresses me out enough. I don't need an additional factor, something out of my control, to add to it. Many of you on this board would be wise to take the same advice. Y'all are in your 40s, 50s and 60s spending the weekend typing away mad at what 18-22 year olds are not doing. I'm upset at how this year turned out too. I've learned to let it go.

I don't know if it's supposed to be snark. If it is, here's my reply. Sports are supposed to be an escape. The moment it stops being that, it's not worth wasting my time on. I have a job that stresses me out enough. I don't need an additional factor, something out of my control, to add to it. Many of you on this board would be wise to take the same advice. Y'all are in your 40s, 50s and 60s spending the weekend typing away mad at what 18-22 year olds are not doing. I'm upset at how this year turned out too. I've learned to let it go.

It seems that you are typing away pretty well so I’m not sure you’ve learned to let it go.

I’m not sure that the fans on this board want to hear a poster announce that he or she is quitting on the team.

You should probably keep that to yourself.

I’m not thrilled about how this season is going. It hasn’t been a lot of fun.

In fact it hasn’t been a lot of fun for many of the past 15 seasons.

I get it.

But if you’re a fan you hang in there and keep trying to have some fun with it.

I guess that’s what I meant by my admittedly snarky response to your post.

Last edited:
Never in a hundred years would I have expected to see the performances we’ve seen this season.

It’s truly... TRULY... beyond comprehension.
My prediction was 7 wins and that is now not happening and may very well be way off. Why, my guess is just that but we still are obviously thin in second line players with the talent needed. We have mostly the same coaches that took us to new heights last year. Were they stellar last year and turned sour this year?
So in this game Tommy looked much more healthy and made some great passes if given time. It could be we don’t have the team leaders we had last year and that can be very important.
So not the biggest thing in my life to happen this year and I will put it in my “crap happens file” and move on.

I am on to next year and I am not going to panic unless we lose @ Rutgers.

You just can't win ACC games when you have mediocre talent during an off year. BC went winless recently in conference.

Please find some talent at WR. There is so much of it out there and we seem to only have 1 guy. Riley/Harris/Johnson/Johnson are FCS players. Go the transfer route if you can't recruit it out of HS. And please let us take a look at the other guys the 4 I just mention should be held responsible for taking such drastic steps back from last season.

One thing that does suck.

It seems that you are typing away pretty well so I’m not sure you’ve learned to let it go.

I’m not sure that the fans on this board want to hear a poster announce that he or she is quitting on the team.

You should probably keep that to yourself.

I’m not thrilled about how this season is going. It hasn’t been a lot of fun.

In fact it hasn’t been a lot of fun for many of the past 15 seasons.

I get it.

But if you’re a fan you hang in there and keep trying to have some fun with it.

I guess that’s what I meant by my admittedly snarky response to your post.

I'm replying to you. Insist on trolling if you want. Y'all get off on being online because you wouldn't dare pull the same stunt to someone's face. If you choose to waste your time, be my guest. Considering the demographic of this board, I don't think that's wise, but hey, you're making fun out of a bad situation.

I donate to the program in addition to buying season tickets of which I've used once because I live four hours away. I went to SU during the Robinson years and have supported them even then as I befriended a number of guys on the team who had to endure losing season after season and being the butt of jokes on campus. How do you think the players feel knowing how the season turned out? You guys ran off DeVito's father and he's not even playing.

If you insist on being a jerk, I'll be in Syracuse February. If you're ever in NYC, shoot me a PM.

If you have an employee who is consistently late, doesn't get their work done and shows up to work occasionally stoned and you don't do anything about it why would they change their behavior ?
Who are you talking about?

I'm replying to you. Insist on trolling if you want. Y'all get off on being online because you wouldn't dare pull the same stunt to someone's face. If you choose to waste your time, be my guest. Considering the demographic of this board, I don't think that's wise, but hey, you're making fun out of a bad situation.

I donate to the program in addition to buying season tickets of which I've used once because I live four hours away. I went to SU during the Robinson years and have supported them even then as I befriended a number of guys on the team who had to endure losing season after season and being the butt of jokes on campus. How do you think the players feel knowing how the season turned out? You guys ran off DeVito's father and he's not even playing.

If you insist on being a jerk, I'll be in Syracuse February. If you're ever in NYC, shoot me a PM.

I certainly was not making fun of this season, or the players, or coaches.

I just find it a little silly when a poster feels that we all must know that he has decided to boycott the team or boycott the season.

It just seems a bit presumptuous to me.

That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online