This is Drexel, Wichita St, mid 00s type stuff | Syracusefan.com

This is Drexel, Wichita St, mid 00s type stuff

That’s the last time I remember nonsense like this happening. Not good.

One of the worst losses in my lifetime as a fan.
C’mon. Mid-December?

Iowa, Navy, Indiana, Rhode Island, Illinois, Minnesota, Richmond, Kentucky, Michigan St., Vermont, Butler, Michigan, Dayton, North Carolina...

This one doesn’t crack the top 50.

They did play like crap though...

Yup. But since we dodged a loss last week this one is water under the bridge if we beat UB. Didn’t deserve to go 3-0 we should be 0-2 in this stretch.

We gotta start acting like Duke and Kansas and only play blue blood type schools as our tough ooc games not playing around trying to boost our sos with good under the radar mid majors.

C’mon. Mid-December?

Iowa, Navy, Indiana, Rhode Island, Illinois, Minnesota, Richmond, Kentucky, Michigan St., Vermont, Butler, Michigan, Dayton, North Carolina...

When I say “worst” I’m not talking about heartbreaking NCAA losses to teams that are by definition(because they’re in the NCAA tourney) pretty good/great teams.

I’m talking about the quality of the team/program. We don’t lose to teams like Old Dominion at the Dome.

Yup. But since we dodged a loss last week this one is water under the bridge if we beat UB. Didn’t deserve to go 3-0 we should be 0-2 in this stretch.

We gotta start acting like Duke and Kansas and only play blue blood type schools as our tough ooc games not playing around trying to boost our sos with good under the radar mid majors.

Old Dominion would not be a tough opponent for Duke or Kansas...or Syracuse usually.

Sorry, I’m not at the point where I’m ready to accept that pulling off an upset over friggin Buffalo wipes out a loss to friggin Old Dominion. These are mid
Majors coming to the Carrier Dome.

Like I said, mid 00s type stuff.

Duke played Yale. They won by forty.

I was mostly replying to the idea that “we should just schedule blue bloods like Duke and Kansas” but yes I agree Duke is quite a bit better than us right now.

When I say “worst” I’m not talking about heartbreaking NCAA losses to teams that are by definition(because they’re in the NCAA tourney) pretty good/great teams.

I’m talking about the quality of the team/program. We don’t lose to teams like Old Dominion at the Dome.
Eh, I never react to a loss, even a bad one. It is one game.

But I am concerned about Howard. He is not himself and just does not appear to be getting better.

If Howard cannot play at last year’s level, we have a real problem.

C’mon. Mid-December?

I just had a seizure

We aren't Duke and Kansas. Historically or currently. Tradition has us on second level of elite programs. Recent performance has us as mediocre with some tournament success. Think Temple during John Cheyney ers

C’mon. Mid-December?

And you kindly didn't even mention some real gems:
Losing to SJU by 33 in the Dome two years ago...and the 39 point loss at DePaul in March 2006.
That last one is forgotten thanks to G-Mac's subsequent BE Tourney heroics.

We aren't Duke and Kansas. Historically or currently. Tradition has us on second level of elite programs. Recent performance has us as mediocre with some tournament success. Think Temple during John Cheyney ers

Whatever. From a TV point of view we are elite and get the ratings.

Do you want a tough OOC schedule of ex Big East teams playing their Super Bowl vs us and pesky mid majors who will help our SOS or do you want to play 4-5 games vs peer programs?

Georgetown, ODU, UB is a very tough 3 game run people need to accept that and understand most teams would struggle. If we win tomorrow and go 2-1 thats pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom