this is getting real strange | Syracusefan.com

this is getting real strange

Ithacaorange

Scout Team
PS reporting that Hackett told Zach Allen that Marrone has not been contacted and it is just "rumors"

indeed...

seems to be that somebody is lying... or it's all semantics and smoke and mirrors... meaning they told the recruits this before today's Brown's interview and marrone has not actually had any direct contact with any other teams - true (and it was his agent that is orchestrating the contact and the interview set-ups...)

I hope that is not what is going on as that would be a bit sleazy...

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/01/syracuse_football_recruits_tol.html

PS reporting that Hackett told Zach Allen that Marrone has not been contacted and it is just "rumors"

It's been strange.

You think there is truth to this, or just damage control?

You would think with the relationship Hackett cultivated with Allen, he wouldn't just be feeding him BS.

I'm hoping this whole NFL thing, the alleged no offer from Clemson to Ebo, and the apparent "silent verbal" we think Laray is, are all part of a plan to grab some national attention for the program.

Very unlikely, but it sure would tie together many loose ends nicely.

Marrone is working completely from the playbook now.

Deny that anything is going on is page 1.

It concludes with the presser announcing him as new HC of some NFL team.

Angry tweets and message board posts follow.

Self-righteous columns about how awful the business of college football come next.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Annnd, scene.

So all the meltdowns that have been occurring and the threads about who the next coach will be are a bit pre-mature?...huh...go figure...

If it's not true then why hasn't Marrone come out and said so?

hope it's true. and if it is true, then one would have to assume that whatever "concerns" DM had, must've been addressed to his satisfaction, i.e. raises for he and his staff and promises on facilities (if those were even the issues).

let's just hope we get to keep him for at least a few more years; the guy's a helluva coach.

Self-righteous columns about how awful the business of college football come next.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Annnd, scene.

This was all in the binder all along

I noticed in the article all the recruits said something along the lines of "he hasn't interviewed with NFL teams yet."

At the time they were told this, it was true.

When you are unavailable, nobody can ask you questions you don't want to answer.

It's been strange.

You think there is truth to this, or just damage control?

You would think with the relationship Hackett cultivated with Allen, he wouldn't just be feeding him BS.

I'm hoping this whole NFL thing, the alleged no offer from Clemson to Ebo, and the apparent "silent verbal" we think Laray is, are all part of a plan to grab some national attention for the program.

Very unlikely, but it sure would tie together many loose ends nicely.

you bring up a good point about Ebo - if Marrone was out, Ebo would know and that would be his out to go to Clemson instead of SU.. the word from the Ebo at the UA game seems to be there is nothing going on... but what do you mena about the no offer from clemson, i dindt see that?

Why should he?

there seems to be this presumption of guilt ever since the realignment stuff started happening a couple years ago. We expect that administrations and coaches should respond to every rumor, and without a response we immediately jump to the "silence is deafening" conclusion. Marrone only needs, at this time, to address his staff, the administration and recruits. Fans can wait.

This was all in the binder all along

It's obvious that some you don't get the fact that he never had to come here to get to the NFL if that was his ultimate goal. Taking this job was a huge risk and could have derailed any chance he had. He already was on the NFL HC track and never had to spend another minute in college.

you bring up a good point about Ebo - if Marrone was out, Ebo would know and that would be his out to go to Clemson instead of SU.. the word from the Ebo at the UA game seems to be there is nothing going on... but what do you mena about the no offer from clemson, i dindt see that?

Reporter from the UA game said he wasn't sure if the Clemson offer "was legit".

Someone (I believe whitey) speculated it could be that Ebo was already silently committed to SU and when Clemson found out, they claimed the offer had been pulled in order to save face.

Ebo seems like the type that would like to wait to put on the hat on national tv, even if he knew a month ago he was going to be coming here.

It's obvious that some you don't get the fact that he never had to come here to get to the NFL if that was his ultimate goal. Taking this job was a huge risk and could have derailed any chance he had. He already was on the NFL HC track and never had to spend another minute in college.

That's why I continue to think it's more about leverage than anything else.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Annnd, scene.

And if it is the Tom O'Brien playbook, remove your name from consideration after it's apparent the job won't be offered to you.

Exactly BUT, he himself has said every move he has made in his career had been made to prepare him for this job. His binders even included recruiting info which is not needed in the NFL. So if he has been preparing himself his whole coaching career for SU, them when he took this job he had no intent of ever going back to the NFL. So there was no risk of derailment of an NFL chance because 4 years ago there was no intent.

Reporter from the UA game said he wasn't sure if the Clemson offer "was legit".

Someone (I believe whitey) speculated it could be that Ebo was already silently committed to SU and when Clemson found out, they claimed the offer had been pulled in order to save face.

Ebo seems like the type that would like to wait to put on the hat on national tv, even if he knew a month ago he was going to be coming here.

it was very odd in the interview that he said he chose his school to be "close to home" doesnt that give it away immediately?

Public Statement - [not disclosed yet]

"He hasn't interviewed yet" - [but he will this coming Friday]

"He has had no contact with an NFL team" - [his agent has done all the talking so far]

"It's a rumor" - [but it's a true rumor]

Could be Hackett is protecting his prize recruit because (maybe) he and TGD have a handshake agreement should Marrone leave.

bingo.

Give it to Nate, have him bring his dad in as OC, and promote someone on staff as DC. Keep the party going.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Annnd, scene.

Yep! Saban is the master of it too.

Nick Saban as head coach of the Miami Dolphins Week 17 of their season..."I am NOT going to be the Alabama head coach and I have not been contacted by them." Hours/Days after the season is over he is signing a deal to bet he head coach at Alabama.

Very strange indeed. We've been all duped including ESPN!

Why should he?

there seems to be this presumption of guilt ever since the realignment stuff started happening a couple years ago. We expect that administrations and coaches should respond to every rumor, and without a response we immediately jump to the "silence is deafening" conclusion. Marrone only needs, at this time, to address his staff, the administration and recruits. Fans can wait.

To let the recruits know. Also it seems the recruits themselves haven't heard from him just his assistants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom