this just in - Tony Greene is an idiot | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

this just in - Tony Greene is an idiot

You're thinking, how am I going to adjudicate what's about to happen based on the rules?

I can't believe any ref would say this out loud
That's nuts. All I can say is wow. He should be reprimanded at a minimum for his complete and utter incompetence. :crazy:

"Expect the unexpected".

As a Mich grad from Cuse...I double hate this mofo.
clearly this is a guy that decides what he's going to call before the play happens - sorry, adjudicate what is going to happen based on the rules

He also said in another interview this morning that after watching replays, he made the right call.

I'd say that too after looking at my bank account this morning...

Agreed. CJ twisted his body to miss him. The entire left side of CJs body moved around Hood leaving only his right knee with any contact on Hood and that even looks suspect that there was much contact. Of course Hood reacted as if he was standing in front of JB when he came off the bench and got plowed through.

Or...standing in front of a Jabari Parker bull rush

This literally sounds like what he did. He was making the call before it even happened. He wasn't even watching the play. He was walking down the baseline, half-glancing at the play, and then made the call immediately.

Yeah, I kept watching the replay afterward to figure out what he was doing. It looked like he did just sort of take a glance as he ran on by to make his over-exuberant call.

Tony's the star though - that's what we all tune in.

Yeah, I kept watching the replay afterward to figure out what he was doing. It looked like he did just sort of take a glance as he ran on by to make his over-exuberant call.

Tony's the star though - that's what we all tune in.
34h8dqx.gif

tony greene is an ump in the offseason

clearly this is a guy that decides what he's going to call before the play happens - sorry, adjudicate what is going to happen based on the rules

I like him. He's a guy that knows what to expect, and makes his calls accordingly.

If only every ref could anticipate calls the way he can.

Sure, that block was clean, but you could only figure that out if you weren't anticipating the foul. And not anticipating is akin to just flat out being lazy, and Tony Greene ain't lazy. He's just **********ing incompetent.

if you need to anticipate what happens in order to actually see it happen, that must imply that there are times when the ref doesn't see the play because a player did something unexpected. Otherwise, there is no reason to even think about what might happen. saturday was explosive anger, today is a slow gradual psychotic hate

How about you stop talking about it, and start doing something. Like write the exam, put on some stripes, and come on out and show us how it's done? If you can do better, by all means get out and walk your talk.

When I'm adjudicating
Without ruminating
Make sure the victim gets some lubricating

Tony Greene

Cowtown said:
How about you stop talking about it, and start doing something. Like write the exam, put on some stripes, and come on out and show us how it's done? If you can do better, by all means get out and walk your talk.
Go back to foot locker

Go back to foot locket

Brilliant comeback. I didn't think you had the necessary strength of character, looks like I was right again. But I'll give you credit for something though, you're very good at talking trash on someone who's not present. I'll bet that's because you've had a lot of practice.

Cowtown said:
Brilliant comeback. I didn't think you had the necessary strength of character, looks like I was right again. But I'll give you credit for something though, you're very good at talking trash on someone who's not present. I'll bet that's because you've had a lot of practice.
I look forward to you not being present here

Local radio had a Charlotte reporter on today that claimed that Boeheim first screamed, "That's a Duke call! That's a Duke call!", before launching into his tirade about cow patties.

Actually, the most interesting part to me was this: "His day started with a 5 a.m. wakeup call to catch a 6 a.m. flight back to his home in Stone Mountain, Ga." Who wakes up only an hour before his flight leaves? He must have anticipated that the flight would be delayed and then called the delay from the cab on the way to the airport.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...-tony-greene-bo-ryan-wisconsin/#ixzz2uHgy5lUg

Local radio had a Charlotte reporter on today that claimed that Boeheim first screamed, "That's a Duke call! That's a Duke call!", before launching into his tirade about cow patties.
My son in law said the same thing. We rewound it & used our best lip reading skills & it sure did look like that's what he said!

"he and his partners, Roger Ayers and Jamie Luckie, watched video of the play on an iPad in the officials' locker room immediately afterward. When I asked Greene if he felt better after seeing the video, he replied, "Oh yes, absolutely."

He may feel better but we don't.

A Mendy Rudolph when he was head of NBA referee's if he had a guy like that would have fired him on the spot. Before he retired he had the NBA get rid of the striped shirts, because he didn't want the officials to stand out, he felt the game belonged to the players. He was a no nonsense type of official, not like the clown from the other night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom