This makes me a little nuts | Syracusefan.com

This makes me a little nuts

Toga

Living Legend
Maybe I just don't understand the rules. Maybe the rules have changed - IDK. When does the freaking clock stop when a player goes out of bounds? Sometimes it stops, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it stops but starts again as soon as the ball is spotted.

Everything appears inconsistent. Even if the rule changes, say when you hit the 2 minute mark - they are Still inconsistent. And this doesn't even account for perplexing judgement calls as to whether forward progress was stopped before a player goes out of bounds. More than a handful of times a game - and even during the last couple of minutes - a play that 99 out of 100 fans would say - yeah he got out of bounds - there is the official circling his arms for the clock to keep going.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Maybe I just don't understand the rules. Maybe the rules have changed - IDK. When does the freaking clock stop when a player goes out of bounds? Sometimes it stops, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it stops but starts again as soon as the ball is spotted.

Everything appears inconsistent. Even if the rule changes, say when you hit the 2 minute mark - they are Still inconsistent. And this doesn't even account for perplexing judgement calls as to whether forward progress was stopped before a player goes out of bounds. More than a handful of times a game - and even during the last couple of minutes - a play that 99 out of 100 fans would say - yeah he got out of bounds - there is the official circling his arms for the clock to keep going.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Rules changed in 2008. When runner or ball go out of bounds, clock stops and then restarts on the spot (ref signal) instead of the snap (the way it was before). Under 2 minutes in a half it starts on the snap. Runner/ball has to get out under own power, etc.

Rules changed in 2008. When runner or ball go out of bounds, clock stops and then restarts on the spot (ref signal) instead of the snap (the way it was before). Under 2 minutes in a half it starts on the snap. Runner/ball has to get out under own power, etc.

Thanks. I did vaguely recall the rule changed and that answers part of the inconsistency but mostly what bugs me is the officials indicating (throughout the game) a player didn't get out of bounds - when clearly they did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom