This might be something | Syracusefan.com

This might be something

So let me get this straight

The B1G and SEC will pay the same as the B12 and ACC.

This is what Syverud was talking about when he said: “The current model for governing and managing college athletics is dead.” The conferences, individual schools, and the NCAA will be under tremendous financial strain from the current and future lawsuits and pending settlements.

Super League Pitch
I have been reading last night about this and trying to get my arms around it but the only thing I come up with is that Syverud is correct, College Athletics as we know it is dead. I have no idea where all of this will lead to but it seems like a continuing of morphing college athletics into professional sports. The ruling of $20MM seems arbitrary to me at best. A G5 school is equal to theOSU? Should a Villanova pay the same as tOSU?

The NCAA basketball tournament is dead.

I have been reading last night about this and trying to get my arms around it but the only thing I come up with is that Syverud is correct, College Athletics as we know it is dead. I have no idea where all of this will lead to but it seems like a continuing of morphing college athletics into professional sports. The ruling of $20MM seems arbitrary to me at best. A G5 school is equal to theOSU? Should a Villanova pay the same as tOSU?

The NCAA basketball tournament is dead.
Neidermeyer!

Neidermeyer!

One of the best classics of all time!!

Why would the Big or the SEC agree to what is basically a salary cap?

Why would the Big or the SEC agree to what is basically a salary cap?
I may be wrong but this sounds like revenue sharing from the NCAA coffers only. Leagues are still free agents when it comes to contracts with networks and can get paid additional revenues from them.

BIG and SEC...if you are the big dogs and have all this power, control and money, then you must pony up the most IMO. Their TV deals are the largest so by rights, they must have been benefitting the most of the student athletes.

I loved it 45 years ago, but just watched it a couple months ago and it doesn’t hold up at all.
Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life.

I loved it 45 years ago, but just watched it a couple months ago and it doesn’t hold up at all.

This can help enhance the viewing experience.

1714769011221.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom