This Notre Dame BS is pissing me off | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This Notre Dame BS is pissing me off

If 2 teanms are tied for getting in, it HAS to come d

If 2 teams are "tied" for one of the last spots then it HAS to come down to the head to head game. Why should any other game matter? Too many other circumstances could be involed. ADD in that it was a SU home loss against a team missing it's top two players there should absolutely be no arguement that ND gets the nod. If the rolls were revesed SU fans would storm the NCAA baracades screaming they were jobbed and 90% of the analyist would agree.
A beat B
B beat C
C beat A
All are tied how does h2h matter?

We lost to ND but beat UL both are bubble teams.

If 2 teanms are tied for getting in, it HAS to come d

If 2 teams are "tied" for one of the last spots then it HAS to come down to the head to head game. Why should any other game matter? Too many other circumstances could be involed. ADD in that it was a SU home loss against a team missing it's top two players there should absolutely be no arguement that ND gets the nod. If the rolls were revesed SU fans would storm the NCAA baracades screaming they were jobbed and 90% of the analyist would agree.
Didn’t work out that way with us and Wake last year.

I know they say it doesn't matter and its been discussed at length, but I have concern that they won't want to take 11 teams from the ACC. How can it not enter the minds of the committee? That Notre Dame game could really bite us!! I think a Va Tech win for the Irish gets them in. Its also very important for Louisville to lose tomorrow afternoon.

Who cares what Lil Joe considers when making up his bracket! He is not on the committee.

We have to take care of our business and stop worrying about other teams. Just win baby.

Lets start this ACC tournament with a huge upset this afternoon!

Who cares what Lil Joe considers when making up his bracket! He is not on the committee.

We have to take care of our business and stop worrying about other teams. Just win baby.

exactly, the guy is accurate on the teams that any idiot can pick, it's those last handful that are tricky and he knows as much(little) as us. we need to win at least 2 games this week to have a prayer.

This is the one play I'll be thinking of as we play in the NIT. When Frank and Marek watched as Pflueger laid this ball in.
cuse nd.PNG

This is the one play I'll be thinking of as we play in the NIT. When Frank and Marek watched as Pflueger laid this ball in.
View attachment 124256
If I never see that play again, it will be too soon. I was going over that play over and over again in my head while taking a shower this AM. Sad but true lol.

And if we were in their position, everyone would be saying how messed up it is that they dont take the injury into account

I am taking the injury into account.

They were not a tourney worthy team based on the 16 games he has played. A 12-4 record without context is meaningless.

I mean, when JB was out for those games that Hopkins coached the committee said they would keep that in mind when making the decisions. Don't think it's any different with a player. An all american player is way more significant, too.

That said... let's hope Pitt beats them? LOL.

Not a comparison really.

The injury factor works like this -- they look at what you did with that player vs without that player. So they exclude all games "without Colson" and just evaluate those with Colson. And the problem is they did not play like a tournament team with Colson... their preseason perfomance when adjusted for schedule, was no different than the performance they had in the ACC with him.

They lost Ball St, Indiana, and almost loss to Delaware St (320 RPI) in the 6 or 7 games before Colson was injured.

So with JB, when he was out there was a slump. So our resume looks better if you exclude that. But that is not the case with Colson.

Maybe Pitt beats them. They are due and have hung in some games until late. Maybe they rise up today.

The Irish were a horrible defensive team with Colson, It seems like when good players get hurt, Brey buckles them down defensively and they keep pace... anybody remember Luke Harangody.

upload_2018-3-6_13-45-25.png

But this is their resume when you just consider the D1 games that Colson has played. Based on that not sure why they get the benefit of the doubt for the injury.

The Irish were a horrible defensive team with Colson, It seems like when good players get hurt, Brey buckles them down defensively and they keep pace... anybody remember Luke Harangody.

View attachment 124258

But this is their resume when you just consider the D1 games that Colson has played. Based on that not sure why they get the benefit of the doubt for the injury.
They aren’t getting in without 2 wins minimum and honestly I don’t see VPI as enough for them to be a lock.
They need 3 wins to be a lock.
2 and it’s still bubble.

That Wichita State win is huge for them but they have problems.

Just remember that Notre Dame always starts on the plus side of the ledger, because they are "special".

A beat B
B beat C
C beat A

Is that the transitive property or are you drinking an IPA?

A beat B
B beat C
C beat A

it’s very rare I would think that it literally comes down to two and only two .. once it’s beyond two teams..head to head is not necessarily in play anymore

I never thought I would see such a bad Pitt team and feel bad for them because I want them to win.

A beat B
B beat C
C beat A

Reread the post..."if TWO teams are tied" All three teams are not part the last four in/out, or not that I have seen.