This really is the low t board | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This really is the low t board

I love the "Tampa 2" won't work here posts. Getting caught up in a names like "west coast offense" or "spread" is a board pastime.

We ran the spread here in 2013 and 2014. We run it now. Which was better run? Do we just have better personnel or better coaching?

It's game 5. Give it time.

I have no problem with valid criticisms about certain aspects of this team, HC, and program.
It's the impatience and absolutes that I can't stand, ie; "The T2 will NEVER work here".
Some folks seem to lose all perspective after a loss & want to emphasize all the negative, while dismissing every positive.
Yes, this is the place to vent and all that, but I just figured it'd take longer than Game #2 before the absolutists began their incessant cackling. Oh well...

All I know is we need some bigger experienced
men in the trenches before we can judge the scheme.

I'm really not worried about Dino. He has a system that is proven. He needs time and patience and support from the fans.

I am worried about the Dome. Dino has a plan for the team but it appears more certain with each passing month that SU does not have a plan for our "decrepit, antiquated" stadium. Opposing coaches and fan bases are still negative recruiting against the Dome and the increasingly small football crowds that inhabit it. SU has done an absolutely abysmal job in rolling out specifics of the Dome renovation. I question whether Dino will still be around when renovations finally get underway.

Again, no doubts about Dino. Many doubts about SU's commitment to a 21st century Dome and game day experience.

Maybe they are trying to figure out details like what they are actually going to build and how they are going to pay for it. I would think these would be required before they announce anything completely.

One hundred million dollars ain't chump change. Expanded Byrd Stadium by Maryland on-the-come turned out to be a disaster when the forecasted crowd never showed up.

A very high-risk decision.

At least people still care. The day it's not the low t board because no one is posting is a much worse scenario. No matter how happy some of you would be without the "whiny b!tching"

This season will continue this way. We're going to beat Wake, then I would imagine Fuente and Foster have a field day with us. Then beat BC, and get destroyed by Clemson. Beat NC State, get destroyed by FSU. 5-6, with @Pitt for all the bowl marbles. We don't ever play well there, but that game is winnable.

That's how the schedule will go and that's how the board will go. Better get used to it.

It's not nearly as angry negative as it used to be.
i believe pitt is a good team,physical, much better talent than us well coached and getting better. i should really look at their size and speed compared to ours. they just seem so much stronger than us . their lines looked pretty good against psu.

We should have concrete info by XMAS...lots of moving parts with the new roof only plan and being done in 3 phases.
i hope so as this is really hurting our recruiting

Maybe they are trying to figure out details like what they are actually going to build and how they are going to pay for it. I would think these would be required before they announce anything completely.

One hundred million dollars ain't chump change. Expanded Byrd Stadium by Maryland on-the-come turned out to be a disaster when the forecasted crowd never showed up.

A very high-risk decision.
it a riskier decision not get this going asap. we need to get into the game or downgrade to fcs---when maryland starts winning they will come.i believe they are improving their recruiting and heavily invested in a top notch coaching staff. sorry ss did not stay there.

At least people still care. The day it's not the low t board because no one is posting is a much worse scenario. No matter how happy some of you would be without the "whiny b!tching"

This season will continue this way. We're going to beat Wake, then I would imagine Fuente and Foster have a field day with us. Then beat BC, and get destroyed by Clemson. Beat NC State, get destroyed by FSU. 5-6, with @Pitt for all the bowl marbles. We don't ever play well there, but that game is winnable.

That's how the schedule will go and that's how the board will go. Better get used to it.

It's not nearly as angry negative as it used to be.

This is just one of those threads where the OP saw a few posters say some negative things out of frustration, and then extrapolated it into somehow the entire board being negative. And for some reason people just eat it up and love it.

Everyone is excited for the Wake game -- the board is fine.

i believe pitt is a good team,physical, much better talent than us well coached and getting better. i should really look at their size and speed compared to ours. they just seem so much stronger than us . their lines looked pretty good against psu.

Except that Pitt's passing defense is awful. Even worse than ours. They're giving up 391 yards per game and 9.8 yards per attempt through the air, compared to our 349 and 9.3. And that's against a slightly weaker schedule than we've played.

Granted they have one of the best run defenses in the country, but we can't run the ball anyway so does that really matter?

I'm not saying it's an easy, or even likely, win. But I'm not as quick to write Pitt off as a loss as some people are. I also think it's likely that we improve at a faster rate than they do over the next 6 games.

This is just one of those threads where the OP saw a few posters say some negative things out of frustration, and then extrapolated it into somehow the entire board being negative. And for some reason people just eat it up and love it.

Agreed, board is actually very reasonable with expectations and analysis and where the program is heading, sure some questioning a few things, etc but everybody is still very pro Dino and rightfully so, I think some may have underestimated the rebuilding process and the schedule isn't helping. The schedule is brutal, next week is another test for sure where we should have a very good opportunity to win a ball game

But if we can't make sweeping generalizations based on a handful of posters THEN WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE INTERNET?!?!

Our SOS right now is 28. ND and USF really haven't accomplished anything this year other than beating us, and the jury is still out in terms of whether that is meaningful.
28 is an unheard of brutal schedule for us. and we still have FSU and Clemson along with other pretty good teams

Our SOS right now is 28. ND and USF really haven't accomplished anything this year other than beating us, and the jury is still out in terms of whether that is meaningful.

yeah but they still kicked the shite out of us... The schedule even at #28 won't help this team

28 is an unheard of brutal schedule for us. and we still have FSU and Clemson along with other pretty good teams

I like a challenging schedule. I don't want an artificially inflated record from beating crap opponents like when Mickey lined up bums for Rocky to fight in the beginning of Rocky 3 while Clubber Lang looked on angrily.

I like a challenging schedule. I don't want an artificially inflated record from beating crap opponents like when Mickey lined up bums for Rocky to fight in the beginning of Rocky 3 while Clubber Lang looked on angrily.
i'm fine with an average schedule. no one will care that a 4-8 SU team is actually better than plenty of SU bowl teams

Our ACC schedule is inherently difficult to begin with. At this point in time, we have three baked in losses. Add in Miami, VT or UNC in the annual cross over game and it becomes really tough to get to a bowl.

I have no problem scheduling teams like Colgate and one other built-in win every year. Most other teams, including factory schools, do it every year.

While I love the comparison, the fact is Rocky successfully defended his title multiple times.

While I love the comparison, the fact is Rocky successfully defended his title multiple times.

And Clubber only could beat Rocky after he killed Mickey and Rock had barely trained for the fight. Rocky drubbed him in the rematch. Clubber really was a fraud. ;)

Bunch whiny little girls. Punts, kickers, no talent,weak arm the last guys fault,the dcs fault, the worst defense ever, too much running, play the young guys,too much youth.

This team was 7 -17 the prior two years. Babers is building a program with a proven blueprint.

So strap in, toughen up, and take a big dose of shut the hell up

it a riskier decision not get this going asap. we need to get into the game or downgrade to fcs---when maryland starts winning they will come.i believe they are improving their recruiting and heavily invested in a top notch coaching staff. sorry ss did not stay there.

I guess my point was that big investments in facilities don't automatically mean improved results. And in MD's case it was a disastrous decision that forced them into the clutches of the B1G.

Mayland won 1 ACC FB championship in the past 30 years. They weren't all that good in the ACC. I don't see them improving in the B1G. A winning record? Maybe. And they'll be better than Rutgers. But a long history indicated that they'll be no better than middle of the pack in the B1G.

Easy enough for you to want SU to go all in. It's not your money.

Su's Athletic Programs are profitable right now ... thanks primarily to SU BB. There's no reason to take huge risks.

$100M investment requires what? $10M a year in incremental revenue at least?

I guess my point was that big investments in facilities don't automatically mean improved results. And in MD's case it was a disastrous decision that forced them into the clutches of the B1G.

Mayland won 1 ACC FB championship in the past 30 years. They weren't all that good in the ACC. I don't see them improving in the B1G. A winning record? Maybe. And they'll be better than Rutgers. But a long history indicated that they'll be no better than middle of the pack in the B1G.

Easy enough for you to want SU to go all in. It's not your money.

Su's Athletic Programs are profitable right now ... thanks primarily to SU BB. There's no reason to take huge risks.

$100M investment requires what? $10M a year in incremental revenue at least?

Ours won't add on a second deck that looks frightening. We're just tightening up the ship.

UL, Clemson, FSU not challenging enough? The conference is stacked. Heck I don't want an OOC opponent south of the state line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom