This recruiting binge tells me 2 things: | Syracusefan.com

This recruiting binge tells me 2 things:

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
1. At the age of 68 (today is his birthday), Jim Boeheim has still got the fire to succeed on the recruiting trail. When JB beat Pitino for Fab Melo, Pitino said that most coaches in their 60s, even Louisville legend Denny Crum, lose the eye of the tiger as they get closer to retirement. Not Jim Boeheim. And the fact that McCullough (2014) isn't even going to play at SU until JB turns 70 means that he'll still be the head coach for a few more seasons, or...

2. ...these recruits are being brought in with the understanding that JB may only have two or so seasons left and Mike Hopkins is going to step in. And they're all cool with that. Which bodes well for future recruiting classes with HCMH at the helm.

Either way, if these trends continue...ayyyyyyyyyy.

henry-winkler-as-the-fonz-001.jpg

Im a guy that wants to see JB coach for years but if #2 is the case, that is absolutely awesome. I love this university

Wait! I thought recruiting sucked for 13 and we were in big trouble with plan b's and c's? I'm so confused, I see we have the #7 rated class and will add another top player, so wouldn't that make our recruiting more like elite? Don't we have a top10 kid already for 14?

Wait! I thought recruiting sucked for 13 and we were in big trouble with plan b's and c's? I'm so confused, I see we have the #7 rated class and will add another top player, so wouldn't that make our recruiting more like elite? Don't we have a top10 kid already for 14?
Paging OrangeBear

I love JB but top kids wanting to play for syracuse is alot more then him these days.
Syracuse basketball is a unique product, and yes JB has molded it into that.

It tells me that Autry > Murphy

I just did a job down at Virginia Tech. I spoke to several people down there about sports. People loved Autry when he was there. They were real sad when he left. This was stated several times.

It tells me that you never know who is leaving so you need to recruit a whole line-up each year.

Remember when we were recruiting David Patrick and Greg Davis?

This tells me that JB is building the fort for Hop.

This tells me that, once hop gets the reigns and the title of HC, he might end up being the second best recruiter in college basketball.

It indicates to me that JB might be around longer than most expect.

Actually, I think JB wants to set up Hop with a good group before he leaves. If anything, this could be it.

Actually, I think JB wants to set up Hop with a good group before he leaves. If anything, this could be it.

Our recruiting class is looking REALLY good now. My comments were premature. Go Orange!
Patience young grasshopper. Worry not. Soon you will learn that in all things JAB we trust...he would never lead you astray